Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Cameron House on Loch Lomond: 39 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews

teamhourplacegoodmanagementjobworkday

No help

Spa therapist are bottom of the chain no help given and not enough time for certain tasks. No work life balance with barely any days off can be working 10 days in a row with 1 day off

Don’t even bother

5* star resort run on a 2* budget. Not enough time and resources spent on staff training and development and too reactive rather than pro active towards complaints.Much happier to comp a stay or send a bottle of fizz to a room rather than address the real problem. You’re not appreciated or given any significant recognition for your efforts.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no support from senior management

Insights into Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Outstanding

Company was absolutely outstanding and quite regret having to leave, training, introduction and staff discounts give a genuine work life balance whilst preparing you for the chaos that hospitality workers love

Easy job to work weekends but stressful

Management treat staff very poorly and treat them as if they are irreplaceable constantly, their attitude towards staff and the behaviour they allow creates low motivation and creates a poor culture

Pros

Benefits such as gym membership

Cons

Poor management Not high enough salary Poor workplace culture

Bad management

The woodland ranger management teams are good at making false promises and do not contribute to a developing team with regards to skills and qualifications. They are difficult to communicate with and have little regard for your work to life balance. The management made this job terrible for me personally.

Pros

Outdoor working

Cons

Bad management

High standards are expected but there's lots of training given. There is lots of room to progress and the team are great.. Overall a fun place to work.

Not great

I worked here for 9 months the hours you are expected to work and the service you are expected to provide isn’t worth the pay you get. Your expected to give 5* formal professional service on minimum wage

Very busy

this job was were busy and very tiring the staff were okay but management were abit harsh but definently time consuming. Also beed alot if patients.,,

Great for the CV

Working at Cameron House was overall a very positive experience for myself. I learned a lot about the trade, products and conduct expected of a 5* server and for that alone i would recommend joining them. Areas they do lack in seemed to always be what i would call the foundation principles. Lack of good, qualified staff and a seemingly inability of staff retention. Good staff leave for better roles elsewhere and the company does nothing to tempt them to stay. As such, the workload is then spread out over lesser and lesser staff until they break and leave themselves. It's a damaging cycle and one they seemed unwilling to counter. I hope its different upon re-opening.

Pros

Free food provided for breaktimes. Discounts across the resort. Full uniform provided (eventually)

Cons

Expect minimum wage. Unpaid breaks and long shifts, My longest was 15 hours.

Extremely hard work.

Very busy place to work, unorganised. It's like a conveyor belt one out one in. You feel a bit like a work horse, lunches aren't up to much and often don't get your full half hour.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Have to come in early unpaid to set up for the day.

Learning Curve

Working within Cameron House was a networking dream, the clients that attended the hotel were from diverse and varied backgrounds. Having regular return customers is a massive perk of the job.

Great Perks.

Great Place to work, management are very supportive. Absolutely fantastic perks and training opportunities. Flexible shifts. Desire for the staff to feel appreciated.

Staff

Worked here and wouldn't recommend. They don't care about their staff. Let you go if your really ill coughing your guts up and being sick, they aren't sympathetic with their staff. They don't care at all.

it was ok

not a bad place to work, it was a good starter job. i learned a lot or responsibility here

Hard work, rewarding.

Long commute. Efforts made to make employees feel wanted

Pros

Lunch supplied. Benefits.

Cons

Long commute. Long summer hours.

Productive and fun workplace

A typically day we would get allocated 5 rooms each to finish for 2 o'clock and we started at 10. I learned all new skills like team work. Management where friendly. The workplace was inviting and you could be yourself around everyone.

Pros

Free Lunch

Good job

Well looked after, fair pay and good people to work with lovely location with easy access for most people wanting to access it. Have loads of events all the time.

Pros

pay

Enjoyable job

Very rewarding as my first long-term part-time job. Great people to work with and a friendly atmosphere. Strong focus on teamwork from everyone who works here.

Good Management!

Working as a house keeper at Cameron House Lodges is a very good job as it is secure and you have guaranteed shifts. Management is also a good asset to Cameron House Lodges as it is very fair and the training is good. Over-time is also very accessible in this job.

cameron house

I was required to provide excellent customer service to maximise customer satisfaction. I was given an insight into the finer details, the importance of building good client relationship. Investigated complaints regarding housekeeping services, equipment and took corrective action.

Good workplace

Cameron House Hotel was a good place to work as it enabled me to develop my skills further in housekeeping. As it is a 5 star hotel the standards are high and maintaining rooms to a high level is a must, this is something I am keen in doing to the best of my ability. I really enjoyed working here because I crossed paths with many wonderful guests from all over the world and I am grateful for the team I got to work alongside.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameron House on Loch Lomond. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement