Camphill Village Trust

Camphill Village Trust Employee Reviews

I love working here. All the staff are hardworking and friendly. They believe in what they are doing and want to do their best not just for the people we support but also each other. I have found the management team to be supportive and I have had opportunities to develop.
Pros
No two days are the same
It's very telling that anyone good leaves, or they push out. I had a lovely, supportive manager who left and was replaced by someone inexperienced. The company don't seem to know what they are doing. Used to be so lovely.
Pros
my old manager
Cons
everything
I’m really loving working across two communities, the work is varied and interesting. All the staff and managers are friendly and welcoming. Lots of changes taking place to improve services and the benefits of these changes are already evident. The work that has been undertaken to protect people we support and staff, against Covid, should be commended.
Pros
Friendly teams, strong organisational values
Cons
Used to be a great place to work, but has changed. Bullying by the management team is well known and problems are swept under the carpet.There is no protection if you feel you are being bullied.Staff who go along with the bullying get preferential treatment while anyone who opposes it is treated poorly. Upper management are fully aware of what is going on there and doing nothing about it. It has been hard to see good staff leave because they feel unsupported.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Poor management
Love my job and adore working with the guy's. The company are careing and considered to both staff and the people who we support. I haven't got a bad word to say about them.
Pros
Working with the guy's
Cons
Pay could be a little higher.
Really enjoy working for Camphill Village Trust, the manager has always been approachable, and colleagues are supportive of each other. Management are ambitious about wanting the best for people we support and are open to new ideas and new ways of working. Great to be part of a team that is making life better for people with disability.
There is a culture of bullying at the organisation. Employees are scared to speak out because a Senior Manager backs up the perpetrator of bullying. Employees are not treated equally. Some people are given preferential treatment
Official response from Camphill Village Trust
1 November 2020
We are sorry that you found this to be the case. The organisation has a number of procedures for dealing with staff concerns of this nature including an 'Embracing Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy'. We do not tolerate bullying behaviors and encourage staff to voice issues, so we can deal with these matters appropriately. Once again I am sorry that this was your experience.
I have worked for CVT for almost 6 years, I have even returned to the company after leaving for a short period as no other job came close to CVT. I have been able to progress massively in my time with the company. Management are supportive and there’s always support when you need it. I have worked across all Gloucestershire communities and have loved every minute of it. This job is fast paced, but those who work for the company work together and support each other. All the teams are fab and the people we support are amazing. It’s so nice to see such a caring and kind community thrive with independence and friendship for others who live there.
Pros
Amazing teams and people we support are amazing
Cons
Camp Hill Village Trust was always such a lovely place to work, everyone was friendly, everyone helped everyone. Everyone was always smiling. Like one big CVT Family...it was amazing and such a pleasure.. NOW the New Management position has been taken over everything has changed. No ones happy, no ones friendly the atmosphere of everyone onsite has dropped. Just a really horrible place to work now. The Manager has no social skills, very unapproachable. The way you get spoken to in this company by the manager is absolutely disgusting.
Pros
Residents are the only pros to that company.
Cons
Everything.
I have worked across all sites of cvt and have enjoyed every place I work. Management are supportive and give guidance. All training is kept up-to-date regularly staff work as a team and PWS are a delight to work with. It's realxed and a home from home setting growing our own fruit and vegetables organically. I love working here!
Pros
Great people and relaxed environment
Cons
I have wo0rked for Camphill for a few years now. I enjoy working with the PWS and the staff. The days can be long but they go by quickly. I have had good support from the managers when it is needed and asked for. i enjoy the job when to see the PWS's doing what they want to.
Pros
structure in day to day lives including my own
Cons
Not getting paid for your qualifications
Since starting at Camphill I have been supported by management to achieve in my work. I have been well trained in my job and have felt that I have been fully accepted into the Camphill Gloucestershire family. I love coming into work and seeing the guys we support and getting to see all of the staff. The hours can sometimes be long but that is to expected in this line of work and I am given more than enough time off over the week if there are days where I need to work longer.
Never feedback about the things that went well. Training was sufficient but team leaders never had the time to show how to complete tasks. Handivers and team meetings were unpaid causing a serious lack of communication.
Pros
Caring work mates and a nice environment
Cons
Often felt unsupported and isolated
You will not find a culture like that of Camphill village trust, if you are person centred and enjoy active support then this is the place for you. Your ideas are listened to and supported.
Pros
an inclusive working environment
Cons
travel
Great location, fantastic opportunities to develop especially for those new to care and support services. Management involve staff at all levels! Excellent learning opportunities
Pros
Environment and Community Members who are supported, career development
Cons
Dispersed location so no public transport will need to drive or spend a fortune on taxi's
Heavy workload but if you are not afraid of working hard then this is a great department in which to work. The charity is passionate about making a difference to people's lives and working in the fundraising team, in one of the communities, you feel very connected to the cause and can see first hand the impact of fundraising and how this influences what the charity can offer. Flexible working is becoming the norm with a mix of home and office based working.
Pros
Motivated team, free parking, work in a beautiful location.
Cons
More resources to share the workload would help.
Depending on location can be challenging as well as rewarding.I View of how enjoyable or demanding the various roles are will off course be dependent upon various individuals outlooks and personalities.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Trave!!iing
I had the worst experience ever. Management is completely clueless and doesn’t care about their residents or people that work for them. I was never so disrespected as I was there. People that they hire for management positions don’t have any empathy or social skills and will use you as much as they can. Also when they want to get rid of you they will just lie and make up some excuse. I saw so many people being fired for nothing.
Pros
Residents are lovely
Cons
Everything else
AVOID AVOID AVOID. This company are disgraceful. I was given a job, handed in my notice to my previous employer of 7 years and also cut short maternity pay. I was really optimistic about a career change. The Friday before I was due to start on the Monday, I was told I wasn't going to be working at the place that I was told I'd be working all the long. They screwed me over, then never contacted again
Pros
PWS are lovely
Cons
VERY unprofessional and don't care about staff.
Good experience, location is amazing, the countryside where resident has the option to leave their home unsupervised at all times. the resident was supported in a person-centred way.
I am enjoying working for CVT. It’s has an nice atmosphere and nice people and service users. I would highly recommend this organisation. This has been a great experience for me