Campus Living Villages

Working at Campus Living Villages: 30 Campus Living Villages Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

companymanagementworkjobpoorgreatgoodpeople

Its easy work with a decent salary unfortunately the way input overtime means their prone to miss payments

i work a 4 on 4 off night shift 8-8 it works well for me and its a good place to start if looking for a transitionary job and need to study while retaining a full-time salary

Pros

relaxed dress code, easy work

Cons

long hours, high staff turnover, and poor payroll

Bad management

6 supervisors on 2 locations that are right next to each other and only have about 10 normal staff on the job Expect the staff to be qualified plumbers electricians joiners plasterers for a couple of pence above minimum wage Expect you to cover overtime at short notice and try to cancel your holidays just days before they start

Insights into Campus Living Villages

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Don’t even consider it!! Seriously!

What a terrible company, the wages are awful, there’s no support from upper management and the work is always reactive never planned. It’s down to the better employees to pick up the slack for the ones who are incompetent and everyone is supposed to be held accountable. My biggest regret is taking a job with clv and I would strongly urge anyone considering this, even for even an interim job strongly, to reconsider. No one lasts, even management only last a few months before they see the error of their ways. Go with the university itself instead, they have appreciation for their employees!

Cons

Zero staff consideration. Unable to hold onto employees

Staff turn over

The staff turnover is staggering from manager, porter and cleaner. Just look at how often they advertise on here.The reason is clear, but ignored. Change the upper management. It's incredible that both South and John Snow colleges allow such an inadequate facility management company to continue to operate on the university site.

Do not work here!!!

I have been an employee for CLV for just over a month. The job did not match the description in the interview. You are given no training whatsoever, you are shown how to do things once and then you are expected to remember everything.The turnover off staff is astounding! There is a discord group chat talking behind other members off staff back and residents. Management are poorly organised!The worst part is when you try to explain why you have done things in a certain procedure you are interrupted and just told to stop being defensive.Do not work here if you have mental health issues because they do not care about your personal well being.They will never commend you when you go above and beyond they will just find anything to criticise you about.All the staff do is complain how bad the company is and how management are so incompetent. This is not a healthy workplace environment to be in.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long Hours, No Communication, Management are appalling, High Turnover of staff

Excellent place to work

Great job and great work and home life ballance. Always happy to come in to work and always having a good shift when at work. Can be a long shift at times but not to hard

No day is the same, working for CLV has been a really good experience

Working for CLV has been a great job, the management have been helpful and understanding through issues in my life.The pay is above average for most roles in the company. There is areas for improvement within the company but the same could be said about any business.

Has to be your own choice

Poor and weak management unable to or unwilling to comply with government and or local guidelines regarding Covid as well as Health and Safety across the site and felt unsafe, no support whatsoever for the time I was their and not my first experience with Campus Living Villages, but most definitely the last. Its no wonder they advertise for various vacant positions so often.

Pros

Cons

Weak management

Terrible company please do not work for them!!!

The job did not represent the job I was described at my interview.Terrible management.Treat like a second class citizen.Constantly short staffed.Turn over off staff is astounding.No duty of care shown.Putting staff at risk of contracting COVID from sending staff into COVID positive flats.Managers back stabbing each other.Wages always wrong.

Cons

What you see isn’t always what you get

Whilest saying they wanted to change the culture etc etc etc we want training etc etc .... What that translated to was everyone but not management !!!!

Pros

Great HR friends

Cons

Poor management team

Poorly run company

Terrible company who have no man management skills, constantly have a high turnover of staff and have a CEO/Top Bosses who are driven by money and don't have a clue

Pros

Decent shift patterns. Students are friendly

Cons

Staff who practice institutional racism, in particular against the black members of staff and treat them with disdain.

fun workplace

great company to work for the verity of work was great no two days the same. great support from all staff, A great work environment really enjoyed working there

Pros

great staff and support

Cons

N/a

Csa

I had a terrible experience working here for nearly three years, very poor level of staff retention, poor management, poor salary considering all the roles you are allocated, no London weighting plus so many more negative comments the list can go on and on and on.

In my element

I have only been at CLV for a few months but so far I must say it has been truly rewarding, In previous jobs I have really struggled when I am micro-managed but this team at Goldsmiths (South London) allows me to work at my own pace and get on with things, which in turn has produced some great results. Prior to me starting the company was undergoing a bit of a 're-shuffle' which they have now completed and there is now a really strong permanent team which works very well together. The students/residents also speak highly of the team and are particularly enjoying the sense of security that they feel with the present team which are on site 24/7. My only criticism is that the pay could be improved or at least there should be some incentives/initiative which would reward staff with an increase in salary. As per the role it self, You do need to have good initiative and be a teamplayer as there are some elements of the role which can be a bit demanding but overall it is a really pleasant environment, no two days are the same!

Don't waste your time!

I currently work here and i am counting the days till i leave. Lots of people have joined this company and do not stay very long in particularly London goldsmith. The structure here is disorganised, there is no room for progression and you have very little chance of being heard. The work load does not reflect the pay and i am delegated the general managers duties which i find unfair.

Where do i begin

Staff turnover ere is the worst ive ever seen! At first i thought maybe ppl are going thru individual issues. Everything is wrong with this company in LONDON GOLDSMITHS .. from hiring you that took decades to their so called 15 minute training where u are suppose to learn everything and not ask for help. Ive witnessed the worse management in my entire life. totally unorganised from dealing with real issues to your pay to your hours. I totally see why people left and i left.. its depicable. It is so bad until students that attend the university have all seen what we all see./saw GET NEW MANAGEMENT!

Pros

Lovely students

Cons

A destruction waiting to happen

Solid and steady work

A solid and steady company. Pretty much left alone in the role and not bothered much. This is good or bad depending on how you like to work. External courses are available if you want them. The people here are fantastic but the middle management (not the guys in the village) leave a lot to be desired. Standard middle management nonsense is part and parcel of the grind and if you want to progress, these people will often have reasons why you cant go any further. If you are happy at entry level, this is the place for you.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Middle management are atrocious

Great

Absolutely great place to work loved it here one of my favourite jobs ever. The staff were great the hours were fine.. The best part waht the work environment.

Not a good place to work. Management can't be trusted.

Company managed by grossly incompetent manager, with no respect or value for workforce. Highest rate of Staff turn over. Management very far from employee and very poor at carrying out incident investigations.

Cons

Bias and mis-informed company.

Steer clear

The most culturally challenged, unethical, chaotic organisation I’ve ever had the misfortune of coming across in my career. Customer facing employees really try to make the student experience good and memorable but the corporate office’s sole focus is cash to the detriment of all else, including their duties to the employee. The remuneration and benefits are poor compared to other companies in the sector, a contractual 40 hour week which is uncompetitive and a high turnover of staff.

Pros

A truly caring customer facing workforce

Cons

A clueless corporate office who care nothing for their employees

Great to work for

Good work environment fast paced and lots of challenges. great people to work with and very friendly and helpful. I worked for campus living villages for awhile and enjoyed the work balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campus Living Villages. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement