Campus Living Villages

Campus Living Villages Employee Reviews

I have only been at CLV for a few months but so far I must say it has been truly rewarding, In previous jobs I have really struggled when I am micro-managed but this team at Goldsmiths (South London) allows me to work at my own pace and get on with things, which in turn has produced some great results. Prior to me starting the company was undergoing a bit of a 're-shuffle' which they have now completed and there is now a really strong permanent team which works very well together. The students/residents also speak highly of the team and are particularly enjoying the sense of security that they feel with the present team which are on site 24/7. My only criticism is that the pay could be improved or at least there should be some incentives/initiative which would reward staff with an increase in salary. As per the role it self, You do need to have good initiative and be a teamplayer as there are some elements of the role which can be a bit demanding but overall it is a really pleasant environment, no two days are the same!
Poor and weak management unable to or unwilling to comply with government and or local guidelines regarding Covid as well as Health and Safety across the site and felt unsafe, no support whatsoever for the time I was their and not my first experience with Campus Living Villages, but most definitely the last. Its no wonder they advertise for various vacant positions so often.
Pros
Cons
Weak management
The job did not represent the job I was described at my interview.Terrible management.Treat like a second class citizen.Constantly short staffed.Turn over off staff is astounding.No duty of care shown.Putting staff at risk of contracting COVID from sending staff into COVID positive flats.Managers back stabbing each other.Wages always wrong.
Cons
Whilest saying they wanted to change the culture etc etc etc we want training etc etc .... What that translated to was everyone but not management !!!!
Pros
Great HR friends
Cons
Poor management team
Terrible company who have no man management skills, constantly have a high turnover of staff and have a CEO/Top Bosses who are driven by money and don't have a clue
Pros
Decent shift patterns. Students are friendly
Cons
Staff who practice institutional racism, in particular against the black members of staff and treat them with disdain.
great company to work for the verity of work was great no two days the same. great support from all staff, A great work environment really enjoyed working there
Pros
great staff and support
Cons
N/a
I had a terrible experience working here for nearly three years, very poor level of staff retention, poor management, poor salary considering all the roles you are allocated, no London weighting plus so many more negative comments the list can go on and on and on.
I currently work here and i am counting the days till i leave. Lots of people have joined this company and do not stay very long in particularly London goldsmith. The structure here is disorganised, there is no room for progression and you have very little chance of being heard. The work load does not reflect the pay and i am delegated the general managers duties which i find unfair.
Staff turnover ere is the worst ive ever seen! At first i thought maybe ppl are going thru individual issues. Everything is wrong with this company in LONDON GOLDSMITHS .. from hiring you that took decades to their so called 15 minute training where u are suppose to learn everything and not ask for help. Ive witnessed the worse management in my entire life. totally unorganised from dealing with real issues to your pay to your hours. I totally see why people left and i left.. its depicable. It is so bad until students that attend the university have all seen what we all see./saw GET NEW MANAGEMENT!
Pros
Lovely students
Cons
A destruction waiting to happen
Worked awful jobs before, now I have 12 hours shifts on a four on and four off basis with the opportunity for overtime, with holidays, and other perks.
A solid and steady company. Pretty much left alone in the role and not bothered much. This is good or bad depending on how you like to work. External courses are available if you want them. The people here are fantastic but the middle management (not the guys in the village) leave a lot to be desired. Standard middle management nonsense is part and parcel of the grind and if you want to progress, these people will often have reasons why you cant go any further. If you are happy at entry level, this is the place for you.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Middle management are atrocious
Absolutely great place to work loved it here one of my favourite jobs ever. The staff were great the hours were fine.. The best part waht the work environment.
Company managed by grossly incompetent manager, with no respect or value for workforce. Highest rate of Staff turn over. Management very far from employee and very poor at carrying out incident investigations.
Cons
Bias and mis-informed company.
The most culturally challenged, unethical, chaotic organisation I’ve ever had the misfortune of coming across in my career. Customer facing employees really try to make the student experience good and memorable but the corporate office’s sole focus is cash to the detriment of all else, including their duties to the employee. The remuneration and benefits are poor compared to other companies in the sector, a contractual 40 hour week which is uncompetitive and a high turnover of staff.
Pros
A truly caring customer facing workforce
Cons
A clueless corporate office who care nothing for their employees
Good work environment fast paced and lots of challenges. great people to work with and very friendly and helpful. I worked for campus living villages for awhile and enjoyed the work balance.
Part-time at Newport is not very enjoyable. As a site that is run differently to other CLV businesses in the UK, it is half student accommodation and half a budget long/short stay hotel. Part-time staff will be expected to work nights and weekends, but the full-time week day staff communication is quite poor. As there is a multitude of people and things to attend to, sometimes things don't get passed between staff effectively, and when it is, it is quite passive aggressive. Sometimes this leads to being swamped or having very little to do. The methods they tried to implement to increase communication only ended up being used by the Part-time staff, so it ended up being no good. I learned that CLV as a company want to hire people who want to work as a team, and are generally good people, but you get walked all over if you actually conduct your business with that in mind. Their CREATE culture, while commendable, doesn't extend to the treatment of their staff, or the staff to each other. Management is frequently off-site or leaving early making it difficult to pin them down when you're Part-time staff. Expect passive aggressive emails before any questions have been asked. This makes the working environment quite uncomfortable. Workplace culture at Newport CLV is fun but strained, with only half the student capacity on site, it feels very forced. Moreso, their hiring policy favours and rewards taking on personal friends, which is frustrating when you don't get treated equally because of this. Part-time CSO at Newport was more like being on a team with the security, than - more...
Pros
Salary is decent.
Cons
They leave working nights out of the job advert to entice you with the good salary, forced company culture
Clv does not care about staff members and only care about growing the company while you give 110% and get no rewards. If you do not work in head office you don’t exist. Management will give you minimum work for the first few months and then pile on the work load. I wouldn’t recommend working for clv if you have a family or you don’t wish to be contacted out of office hours. The companies CSO and CEO both left at the same time due to the amount of work loads and they are looking to sell the company.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Management don’t care
Nice place to work although process and procedure was not great . A nice company to work for overall, with a good team of people. I really enjoyed my time there
I have been working for them for 3 months as maintenance. Interesting style of management. Interesting style of team work. Interesting style of charitable support ! Basically if your not in the office you don't count.
Pros
Easy work load
Cons
Poor structure
A typical day involves working along busy,enthusiastic and friendly colleagues.i have learned how team work is important at achieving a common target.
Pros
Friendly staff
Not a bad place to work, but restructuring has made the maintenance team suffer. You will be busy and could be doing anything from changing a light to fixing plumbing issues