Candy/Hoover/Haier logo
Candy/Hoover/Haier

Candy/Hoover/Haier Employee Reviews

Mediocre at best!

I have been with the company a while and seen massive changes within the structure, not only the management but on the procedures for the employee welfare and the Maintenance of the building. Everyone hates change and this is a current issue. More work is being ploughed onto the CSA’s with no additional benefits, we have floor walkers that have been with the company 2 Minutes as the staff turnovers huge. Staff retention is poor due to no one receiving regular one to ones, the only feedback received is criticism and managers not wanting to help when problems arise with customers. The work life balance is shockingly unfair!! Some get to work Monday-Friday only- some one weekend a month- while everyone else has to work a Sat or Sun (family friendly???).

8 April 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback. It's a real shame that you are not having the positive experience that we would like whilst working here. We have taken on-board lots of feedback from colleagues about what would make them feel happy and valued and as a result we have enhanced what we are able to offer our Customer Service Advisors; we have increased our base salary; recruited a number of additional Contact Centre Team Leaders, and Service Excellence Coaches to focus on engagement, coaching and career development; worked really hard on ensuring we have a fantastic social committee who engage everyone in fun activities and incentives; improved our environment and to top that off everyone still gets free coffee, tea and fruit. To further support our colleagues, we also have a fantastic EAP scheme which includes access to financial well-being advice, counselling services and a host of other useful information. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience.

A fast-paced, challenging but rewarding working environment with great people.

Management are supportive and very hands-on, often getting involved as much in day-to-day processes as strategic leadership. The company's overall goal to be number one in the marketplace filters down from the top and there is an openness to challenge ways of working and support change for the better. Deadlines can at times be short but flexibility is generally provided so long as the job gets done and projects are in place to ensure the processes and systems will match the company’s ambition of being the leader in it’s field. The finance team is very friendly and approachable. There is a strong team mentality and a desire to be leading the business and not just a back-office function. Personal development is strongly encouraged, we have a regular quiz and want to start regular team lunches once COVID is behind us.

Pros

Great team, great offices, strong leadership

Cons

Somewhat dated systems and some tight deadlines but improvement on the horizon

A great local company to work for

I've joined the company for a month and so far all good and smooth. Line manager is very friendly and always give me clear directions. Other team's colleagues are always helpful and you can always get an answer when you ask questions. It's a fast paced company but not stressful at all! Lots of people work here for a long time (more than 10 years) and clearly that's a good sign for a excellent company!

Pros

work life balance, work from home freedom, friendly colleagues, nice people

Cons

Sometimes can be a little bit slow

2 June 2021
Thank you for leaving feedback. It's great to see that you are enjoying working here. We’ve built our global reputation as the number one home appliance brand by understanding what our customers want, and developing next generation products that make their lives easier. In your hands, we’ll get closer to our customers and get closer to our aim to be the number one home appliance business in the UK & Ireland.

Supportive workplace

The interview process was thorough and professional and left me with the understanding they understood fully what my capabilities were and were not. I had no hesitation in accepting.When I started I could not have asked for a more supportive and rewarding place to work than at Hoover. The team I have joined is hard working with a fantastic and collaborative culture. I have also met a few of the directors and higher management who could not have done more to make me feel welcome and valued. Everyone has a great desire to succeed without compromising on a relaxed culture.They have also been great at adapting to the pandemic with remote working, being flexible with equipment and personal issues.

Pros

Supportive, flexible, great benefits

Cons

Many meetings

2 June 2021

Great company to work for,job for life,decent salary. Management easy going, always on hand to help. Have to put some hard work in at first but once gained experience is a joy to work for them.

Pros

Good rates of pay

Cons

Sometimes long drives

4 May 2021

A career, and not just a job!

Having come from a different industry altogether, the transitioning has been challenging and equally as rewarding. Although part of a team, you are afforded the ability to make your own stamp towards the companies goals. I have worked in several different fields and hand on heart, this has been the best career step for me. Having worked for other big organisations and then smaller, independent companies, I was hesitant to rejoin a "corporate machine" - my instincts were wrong, and I am glad I turned up for the interview! Nearly 5 years in, and it feels like 2. I have seen the company change and grow, and for the better. With the impact of covid around the world and the struggles others have had, we have continued to grow and work in a safe manner. The future definitely looks exciting, and I'm glad to be part of it.

7 May 2021
Thank you for leaving feedback. It's great to see that you are enjoying working here. With our shared cultural attitude of Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Zero Distance to the Customer and IoT & Ecosystem Thinking, our people know how to power our future. Our customers deserve the very best, and in your hands, you’ll deliver it. With the strength of the global leader behind you, the freedom to grow your career inspiring you and the performance of our future driving you, in your hands, our business will be better because of you.

Collaborative and friendly working environment

The business is very fast paced with a lot of work to do however you are respected and recognised for your efforts. If you work hard you will achieve success and be rewarded. The business is growing so you feel like you will have the opportunity to progress and the atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly. The working environment is nice as you work with a diverse range of people from within and outside your immediate team. There is a real focus on people within the organisation and there is definitely a "team based" culture which is very collaborative. You will feel like you are contributing to the wider business goals, the business is really going places and has big plans to grow. Overall, it's a great place to work!

Pros

Making a difference, team culture, collaborative environment, supportive management

Cons

A lot of work to do but with the opportunity to learn and grow!

29 January 2021
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for us. I’m really pleased that you enjoy working here. As a business, we are keen to continue to engage and inspire our colleagues, so your comments are great to read!

Stay away

Team leaders are lazy and treat you with disrespect and belittled you if they don't like you. You do get one or two that are nice. You are told to do everything for the customers and 5 mins on the phone. But yet you have to spend all your time trying to find one that can take 10 to 15 mins to ask them for permission for every little thing. And due to this they do mad when your call time is to high.

Pros

Wage

28 January 2021
Thank you for leaving your feedback. It is a real shame that you are not having the positive experience that we would like whilst working here. We do appreciate that our call volumes can be high on occasion, especially during peak periods and we continue to put our customers and colleagues at the heart of all we do. We have taken on-board lots of feedback from colleagues about what would make them feel happy and valued and as a result we have enhanced what we are able to offer our Customer Service Advisors. We have increased our base salary, recruited a number of additional Contact Centre Team Leaders, and Service Excellence Coaches to focus on engagement, coaching and career development. We have also worked really hard on ensuring we have a fantastic social committee who engage everyone in fun activities and improved our environment. To further support our colleagues, we also have a fantastic EAP scheme which includes access to financial well-being advice, counselling services and a host of other useful information.

Joining Hoover Candy was a fantastic decision

Hoover Candy is a very welcoming, ambitious and growing organisation. There is a good atmosphere all around and people, regardless of their role, are very approachable. Since starting, I have felt so welcome and part of the team. Joining Hoover Candy is a decision I am delighted to have taken! The work/life balance is fair despite the company operating in such a productive and fast paced environment, which is something i really enjoy. No two days are the same and you have a fantastic team behind you all of the way.

25 January 2021

Fast paced environment that is enjoyable.

Starting a new job during a global pandemic is a strange feeling, and understandably nervy, however any nerves were settled instantly with the support from everybody within the business, who took their time to make me feel welcomed and to help me understand the Candy/Hoover/Haier way of working. Everyone is working to one common goal, which helps you focus on achieving yours. The management expect a lot from you, in a fast paced environment, but are always there to help and answer any questions.I'm looking forward to gradually moving back towards normal life and meeting my new colleagues face to face.Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

Supportive work environment. Good salary.

Jobs at Candy/Hoover/Haier

See more jobs

A great business to have a long career with

I started in May 2020 during Coronavirus.Despite everyone being worried and concerned I was interviewed, hired and trained in a remarkable way that put my safety first.I have become effective my in role and made a difference because of the great colleagues that remotely took time to make me feel welcome and empowered. It takes a very special company to achieve this at a safe distance in such worrying times.The business is growing rapidly and there is a fast pace in which you find opportunities to make a difference and grow. I most definitely see Haier /Hoover/ Candy a company for a long career that offers flexibility, autonomy, supportive management structures and most importantly a safe environment to thrive in.

Pros

Feeling safe and making a difference

Cons

Salary and benefits slightly below market rates

great company

I'm currently a hoover engineer. Been with them for nearly 5 years. I enjoy working for them . My area manager is a top bloke Speaks and treats me well Always on hand if you need help. You can earn good money if you put the Effect in . I've worked for my company's and hoover is probably the best one

Pros

earn good money

Cons

can be long days

4 December 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. I’m really pleased that you enjoy working here. As a business, we are keen to continue to engage and inspire our colleagues, so your comments are great to read!

Great place to work. Fun, friendly and great environment.

Working at Hoover Candy is a different exciting challenge each day. I have been in my role for 6 months and have never worked in such a happy, friendly fun environment, the staff are hardworking and all work as a team to help each other. The managers are very approachable and helpful and if they are unable to answer a query they will go above and beyond to find the answer. My training was done at my pace and not rushed, so that i felt comfortable and confident to perform my role. The best part of my role is welcoming customers in to the office and meeting new people.They have a great team of staff called the social committee who arrange fun events for the staff and challenges to raise money for charity. Every day is an exciting day in the office. We have dress down Friday and the best coffee machine ever in the beautifully designed eating/relaxing area.

19 May 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. I’m really pleased that you enjoy working here. As a business, we are keen to continue to engage and inspire our employees, so your comments are great to read!

I thouroughly enjoy working for Hoover Candy in the Warrington Head Office. I was made to feel really valued as an Employee when I started and they have supported me well ever since . I enjoy working with my Colleagues and although we are very busy there is a great atmosphere between the staff in the office. Had no regrets whatsoever since I started as I love working at Hoover Candy.

31 March 2020

Great Company & Great People

I have worked for Hoover Candy for a year now so feel I am able to provide a balanced review on what I have experienced since joining the business and how I find the culture and working life at our Bolton Contact Centre. The working hours allow for a good work life balance and the on-boarding process delivered from our recruitment team is excellent and has continually developed since I have joined. All of the staff are really friendly and supportive of each other and their team, which is why everyone has achieved such great success over the past year. It’s clear to see that as a business Hoover Candy are passionate about and proud to be an inclusive employer who source candidates from diverse groups of people and backgrounds, with many of the team living in or around the local community. My own manager and team are amazing and massively supportive of me and each other, I genuinely enjoy going to work every day and grateful for the team I work with. I find the senior leadership team to be very engaged and collaborative who openly welcome my feedback and suggestions. I feel lucky to have joined when I did and be involved in the transformation of the Bolton Contact Centre over the past year. There was only every one goal in sight and that was to improve the customer journey and the employees experience by investing in engagement and developing processes and people to achieve their best. Due to rapid business growth and customer demand, there has been major financial investment injected into in the business requiring the Contact Centre to adapt in response. This -

Pros

The people, the culture and convenient hours between 8 am & 6 pm

Repetitive

Boring and repetitive. Overcrowded and gets very warm and then window is opened and then too cold, old building with old metal windows and dirty sills.Managers keep leaving and atmosphere is poor, staff always complaining about how they hate the job. No incentives and always having to deal with complaints about poor quality products that keep breaking down. Conflicting views when it comes to exchanging them.

6 March 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you are not having the Hoover Candy experience that we would hope for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are committed to improving our facilities and working environment, which can be evidenced by the substantial investment that we have made in upgrading our contact centre and the continued refurbishments that are taking place. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop and improve the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel happy, fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience.

Awful management

They don't care you are a number. The managers slag off employees on the floor in front of everyone. No progression , if your face fits you automatically get given a better role in resource planning. Roles not advertised. Call center managers do nothing to support. Awful place to work. Resolutions manager is horrible and doesn't help whatsoever.

The worst company ever.

This company is unbelievably shocking. At the minute - all the old team leaders/manager has left and in they have brought a barrage of bullies. Currently there is a team leader who reduces her staff to tears. The managers sit and gossip about the staff in plain site. The job is extremely stressful and there is zero incentives. Major changes are needed.

6 April 2020
Update: We have taken on-board lots of feedback from colleagues about what would make them feel happy and valued and as a result we have enhanced what we are able to offer our Customer Service Advisors; we have increased our base salary; recruited a number of additional Contact Centre Team Leaders, and Service Excellence Coaches to focus on engagement, coaching and career development; worked really hard on ensuring we have a fantastic social committee who engage everyone in fun activities and incentives; improved our environment and to top that off everyone still gets free coffee, tea and fruit. To further support our colleagues, we also have a fantastic EAP scheme which includes access to financial well-being advice, counselling services and a host of other useful information.

17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you are not having the Hoover Candy experience that we would hope for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop and improve the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience whilst working here. We offer a variety of incentives for our colleagues and are actively increasing our engagement activities via our Social Committee.

Avoid. Cowboy Company.

Went for an interview. They tell you that if you visit a customer you have to use whatever parts are on your van, regardless if they are the correct one or not. When you go to their training you are in a farmhouse B &B, often sharing a roo.

17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. We have a full commitment to providing the best service to all our customers. At interview stage, all Engineering candidates are made aware that we run a comprehensive training academy which does involve some time away from home. We do this to ensure that our Engineers are fully equipped with the required skills, tools and training to be fully competent in the role. As we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to invest heavily in training and support for all our employees.

Would not recommend.

I would not recommend working here No incentives! No performance reviews! Penalised if you do something minor wrong! Low pay! Management choose who they like and who they don’t! Hours are NOT family friendly! In the space of six month the contact centre manager has left and a few team leaders it’s a horrible job

17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. Our contact centre is open between Monday- Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm, meaning that there is no late night or early morning working for our advisors. We have invested heavily in ensuring that we have more coaches and team leaders available to develop our employees. We also offer a variety of reward and incentives for all employees across the business and as we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to review and improve our compensation and benefits package.

6 April 2020

working at Hoover Candy

I have only been with the company a short time. Onboarding is excellent, my colleagues offering support and a point of contact prior to joining if I had any questions made me feel part of it before I even joined. Simple things like a card in the post wishing me good luck in my new role. My first week was really well organised and planned out. Day 2 out on the road with a Service Engineer - honestly one of the best days I have ever had! I arrived to a note book, pen, water mug, coffee mug, and a mobile phone charger. Whilst this may not seem much to some, to me it was. Not all companies supply things like this and for me it is the small touches that make you feel part of it. All this along with fruit baskets delivered twice a week and free hot and cold drinks. Twice since I have joined we have had food delivered for all the staff, curry and pizza - what is not to like. Good work life balance supported by the opening hours and whilst we work a 1 in 5 weekend, 2 days are given back either the week before or the week after. In my previous role when it was my weekend on call it was a straight 12 day run. The people are really warm, friendly and approachable which always helps! The company this year will be going through lots of change - for the better! I am really excited to be part of this journey and being part of a team that will lead and implement the changes that are needed. There has been lot of movement within the management structure over the last few months, however, we have now completed our recruitment drive and have in place experienced managers who -

Pros

Everything mentioned in my review

Cons

none at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Candy/Hoover/Haier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement