Canford Healthcare
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Canford Healthcare: 19 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

No comment

Very good support staff Very good communication with COO, Director. When I was off with Covid the CEO called me. Which was really great. They listen to you. Very supportive during the pandemic

Pros

Good company

Cons

Be aware of some of their support managers, very dangerous, contacted my current employer, and told them about my time off work due to an accident, and being hospitalised with Covid, no support from line manager, was told that track and trace notification was a scam, luckily I called track and trace and they advised to isolate, 7 days after Covid positive few days after 999 hospitalised fighting for my life

Undervalued

Hard work, under paid no benefits.Undervalued as a member of staff, expectation of staff too high.Not enough Staff to resident ratio.Poor management.

Insights into Canford Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Great team.

I had a good Manager and colleagues was always on my side, nothing to complain about this company. No lunch provided for long hours employees. Head office very responsive always helpful. It was a pleasure to work for Canford Healthcare.

Pros

Good environment.

Cons

No lunch.

Stressful

Stressful work environment, terrible management, lack of permanent team members, no career progression, lack of training, awful salary. Poor hygiene and health and safety. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

Poor managment

Work life balance poor.Management not approachable or transparentNot appreciated for the work we do.Expected to do more than you get paid for.No opportunity for overtime.Lack of Opportunity for professional development Under staffed.

Pros

Free uniform

Poorly paid

The shifts were often changing and the rota at times was not possible to achieve.The wages for facilities staff were a few pence per hour above minimum wage.Took months to get my uniform.Considering the residents were paying four figure sums per week the wages were very poor and did not reflect the efforts of the cleaning team

Pros

Rewarding cleaning for lovely residents

Cons

Poor financial rewards for hard working staff

Canford

the staff have been supportive and there is a general culture that staff genuinely care about their residents and each other. There is massive team work and a willingness to ascend. Management have been flexible, approachable and knowledgeable.

Pros

Ability to progress, teamwork

Cons

Not sure I have found one yet.

Productive and good working enviroment

Very well Managed Nursing Home. Great atmosphere to work in. Very good training modules Good Location All members of staff had one goal. To give every resident excellent care

Great company, good home

The company has an open and honest management culture, staff are respected and managers are approachable. I’m really happy working here, it’s a good place

reallly fun and lovely environment to work

I have always enjoyed working for canford healthcare. Sometimes it can be very difficult but rewarding However,there were challenges,the staff are freindly and also kind. The environment makes the whole work too beautiful and enjoyed talking to the residents.

Horrible place to work

Maples was ok if it was my for the manager she would have mood swings On daily basis and make up rumours and play the staff of against each other she was also rude and nasty and had no compassion for her staff she also encouraged a unhappy atmosphere where it was to be a bully

Nice staff and enviroment

Great GM which cascades down through the feel of the home,relaxed but focused,busy but calm and residents loved and very happy. Shows other care home companies the way forward.

Pros

Caring staff

Lovely place to work

Lovely place to work - great benefits. Typical day would be to print off supplier invoices, and enter onto Sage 200. Being a paperless office, all invoices would be then scanned and saved on the system.

not a good home

needs to go under cqc review. long hours. not respected for your hard work. problems not dealt with as and when needed too. things not reported to the proper people.

Pros

normal hours

Cons

everything else

Fun

Good place to work, honest caring staff, and nice clients, good rates of pay also on going training, they try to be flexible , lots of nice things for the clients.

Pros

Nice food

Brilliant team and management

I worked as a healthcare assistant at Barty house nursing home. I don’t have one bad word to say about the company or nursing home! The welcome I received when I first didn’t induction was fantastic. We all received a bag full of candies healthcare goodies! I regret leaving this place! I haven’t found a great place like it since. My main reason for leaving was due to travel. I highly recommend working for this company.

Pros

Free lunches

Poor Management

Long hours, hard work. No recognition from management for good work. Very rewarding taking care of residents and meeting their needs. Building good relationships with the residents and their families.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Mixed emotions about working here

The company has great aims regarding culture but have a long way to go in achieving their goals. in my role their I was given the chance to expand my skills.

work is work

my day at work is fine, the people i work with in my department are great,, i have gained more qualifications here then i did out of this job. management is up and down, we have had 6 managers in the last 2 years come and go, but we have a new one now and hopefully they stay. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the on going changes from the constant change of managers. the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the team i work with. if it wasn't for them i wouldn't of stayed. they make my day.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canford Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Canford Healthcare in popular locations

• Canford Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?