Canon
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Canon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews

colleaguecultureofficebusinesslearntrainingteamstaff

Good place to work but a bit far out of London

I worked in a great team and there are many great people around the business. Although it's a Japanese company with many Japanese expats at all levels of the organisation, the European head office was run mostly in a western style. The office is a bit outside London, not far from Heathrow, so can be a pain to reach but will be better when they finish Cross Rail. Good company with decent benefits and work-life balance.

Pros

Benefits, pension, bonus, work style if you can be patient and understanding of Japanese culture

Cons

Politics, commute from London, Quality of management was highly variable, Salaries were often a point of contention

Good place to work with training and advancement opportunities.

Good place to work with training and advancement if you want it. Good overall benefits package with a friendly culture. internal job opportunities worldwide.

Insights into Canon

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great company to work for and would reccomend to any one

A superb company to work for,whith lots of benefits and work satisfaction.Good working conditions including pension scheme and uniform that was profided.

Running full speed into the ground

Canon UK…. We are all unsure who is in charge, we have so called leaders who only seem to wake up once a year for company kick offs. If your good at hurdles you will most definitely fit in well at Canon, when our leaders are awake they like to put hurdles everywhere, I’m considering signing up for the Olympic 100m hurdles as I’m that experienced now. We have processes that don’t work, an outsourced organisation that doesn’t work, an ineffective supply chain that you guessed it doesn’t work. Feedback isn’t welcomed and when is given not acted up on. Pay is low for job roleAnnual Performance reviews are laughable, objectives which often can’t be meet without taking on another role and doing something completely outside your jd

Good culture if your willing to work hard.

Canon is not for the faint of heart. If you like striving in a challenging environment with right schedules and high targets this is for you. The KIOSEY culture is taken seriously so you will find some great managers because the ones that aren't don't last long.

Weak Management and Neglect

I worked at Canon for 3 years. I absolutely loved the people I worked with on my team. However we had extremely weak management.My line manager was lazy and took credit for many of our hard work. They had people on another team which did exactly the same as mine though got paid about 3k more even though we had great consistent feedback and customer engagement. You'll meet some great people but work for some really terrible people.

Pros

Subsidised lunch, great colleagues

Cons

Toxic management

Do not work here

Do no work here if you want a life outside of work. They give you too much to cope with, without you being signed off with stress This place made my mental health worse.Also management don’t seem to know what they are doing.

Liars

Canon brought in reps from "Canon Australia" on the guise of process improvement, but they weren't from Canon Australia, they were from an outsourcing company in the Philippines. Canon even went as far as to create false email addresses for these people. They were not loyal at all to employees that had been with them for a while. I'm not the only former employee that feels this way, but the only one who can say this out loud.

Pros

Non-management people were amazing

Cons

Management doesn't care about loyalty

Enjoyable

I started in Facsimile department and progressed up the line to National Accounts. I worked at Canon for several years and progressed up the management ladder. Thoroughly enjoyed my working years with them.

Pros

Lots of prospects and salary increases

If your face fits

After the worlds longest and most thorough interview/indurance process I have ever experienced (4 hours) I was excited to start my career at Canon. Sadly it soon became apparent that the atmosphere was a mix of being back at Secondary school and an episode of Hollyoaks. Very obvious there are cliques at this company, lots of people dating and playing favourites which created an immature working atmosphere. It is definitely a company where your face has to fit to be accepted here. There is however room to progress if you can stand the strange environment that is when they are not doing the annual redundancy sweep!

Pros

Benefits and Progression

Cons

Immature working environment

Great Company

Amazing company to work for, great work life balance and salary was very competitive, I would recommend anyone working for Canon UK, teh management are fair the training and surport to progress in your job is very good.

engineer

ok to work for usual jobs to do as an engineer , installs tech repairs workshop duties, driving around the country repairing office equipment and installs. a minimum of 4 calls a day and using mobiles to close down calls. getting home late most of the days but it was a job and we didn't have health and safety those days so we did as we were asked and got on with it

Not the company it used to be

Canon has lost its way in recent times, there is no clear vision currently. There have been frequent restructures, so it is a volatile environment to work in. Processes and systems are outdated and not fit for purpose. The company offers good benefits and the people are nice. True flexible working is still to be realised.

Being made redundant

Due to outsourcing & relocation. Fast paced supply chain within Business Operations. Japanese owned International blue chip company selling printers and cameras to the public and businesses.

Good Company - Difficult Markets

Canon is generally a good place to work, changes in technology has meant dramatic changes to Canons Markets over the last 5-10 years, the company has not always led from the front in managing these changes and so at times it has been a tough environment to work in, I expect this to continue for some time to come. I feel employees are treated fairly and progression with the right attitude is possible. Pay is relatively low though the benefits package is good

Pros

Good Homelife Balance, treated fairly, fiscally responsible.

Cons

Pay relatively low, tough market conditions.

Really enjoyed this role

Enjoyed the role and the team I was with. It was always interesting and there were always things to learn. We are all being made redundant though and the role is being moved abroad so I wouldn't recommend Canon based on that.

Difficult and Stressful

The Company is in the process of moving to Stockley Park as part of a part restructure . he majority of staff are not going due to the location.. Work is also being outsources abroad Canon's behaviour over this change has not been good at all and the treatment of staff has been demoralising

Excellent

Always ensuring the work that is set is done and to a higher expectation, generally working face to face with costumers making sure I’m always very presentable

All that glitters is not Gold

I thin the biggest problem with Canon Watford is it has the look of the sort of place you would really want to work for, but when you do the stitching on the expensive suit is shoddy. Not a great management and admin culture, clunk/dosen't really work and that seriously slows things down across the board. From the start the interview process was very protracted taking a staggering 7 weeks from start to finish (see above about admin) A good example of the mangement culture is HR. Have a problem that they need to resolve? don't bother, they will just tow the company line, even at the expense of breaking the law. They tried this in the summer of 2016 and when the employee went to the "law" over the issue, he was offered a cash settlement on the quiet. Not what i expected of such a large "respected" company and that is not an un common incident. The repair department is in efficiently managed, many simple procedures could be put in place but are unlikely to be. I suggested one and the manager took credit for it, nice bloke! The service department are always under pressure, generally understaffed and have a very high turnover of staff. The camera repair technician position generally comes around every year as does the first line sorters position. Breaks are often missed because of the pressure put on employees to meet targets

Pros

can buy extra hols canteen relatively clean environment

Cons

management admin hr work target pressure

balanced company / strong technology / low ambition level

Good work/life balance respectful culture thoughtful leadership low level of ambition not enough tangible innovations investment strategy not in line with core activities

work life balance

A work place where we learn new technologies and methods to suit the business and flexible work life balance providing comfort to succeed in both environments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Canon with

• Canon
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?