Canterbury Christ Church University

Canterbury Christ Church University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews

Great Managers

Worked at a General assistant in the coffee shops and food courts. Lovely workplace. Staff and managers are very polite and treat you with respect which is nice. Some senior members can be judgemental and gossipy which is natural. Pay is good but given current events is not enough. I place no blame on them for this though. Mix of full timers and students who were friendly enough.

Good volunteering experience

This was a good experience alongside doing a degree. I enjoyed listening to students and seeing them express their thoughts. There was a good level of discussion and interest in improvement and progressive reform about degree programmes.

Insights into Canterbury Christ Church University

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Terrible systems, nice staff

Processes from the dark ages, friendly staff who are overworked. Lots of good will from staff.Seems to be a lot of turnover due to low salary and high workload.

Good place to work.Management are supportive and the work is varied.Workload is busy and there is always something to be doing. The work life balance is good and the hours are standard full time

Great Project, spoiled by inexperienced management

Worked with a talented team, who with the right guidance, could have delivered anything. Management, is poor, unrealistic and blinkered in it's approach to everything. My project took a turn for the worse when its management structure was unsupported, and highly paid management consultant types were emplyed.

Pros

One of the best teams I have ever worked with

Cons

Blame culture, and failure to understand project

Cccu

Good place to work with good shift patterns which consist of 4 on 4 off which are 12 hour shifts. Monthly pay. All uniform and equipment provided to all

Friendly and active teaching

Brilliant experience working with the staff at CCCU. A great and inspiring approach to teaching. Looking out for every individual student's needs. Help provided to ensure that I settled in. Creative freedom to apply my research into student's learning and practice.

Fun environment

I only did work experience to help some of the media students create a short film and it was great! Very nice and polite colleagues who were very patient with me.

Pros

Good colleagues

reasonable

very fast pace working not always supported an many times over ruled , lone working , not always have the given or said tools for the job at hand dont always look after staff

Bad Place To Work

Bullying managers, corrupt department. No protection for staff who make unofficial complaints about incompetent managers who cant manage, but can bully effectively and make your life a misery whilst you are there to the point where you feel the only choice you have is to leave . Managers who lie professionally and get away with it because the upper management are too weak to address long standing incompetence. Not a good experience at all ! ! ! .

Worked here for 9 years. Good company culture. Cared about their employees. Only negative is communication from senior management to staff, but thats probably true about all big companies.

Productive, supportive and fun workplace

Welcoming and inviting atmosphere. I really enjoyed my time there, management and other employees were extremely supportive and the culture and ethos of the university is fantastic.

Competitive and hardwork, yet rewarding.

My time working for CCCU was enjoyable, however the area is expensive to live in so higher wages are required to make working there long term sustainable.

Productive and Engaging

I feel I was prepared well for my future as a teacher. I enjoyed my experience here as a student and I felt very well supported by the staff and the structure of the course.

Pros

Flexible times

Cons

Student tuition fees

Graduate - American Studies

I have just graduated in BA (Hons) American Studies, and I have achieved amazing things there. It was my course that spans many areas of the humanities in relation to the U.S. - e.g. film, music, children's literature - that made me want to work in the field of public arts and arts education; working with museums and media organisations.

Great place to work, with great people I was assisting the team in managing over 4,000 dedicated volunteers throughout the South-East of England, the role gave me a passion for promoting STEM subjects to the next generation. My main task is to promote and fill all voluntary roles within schools and other educational establishments for maximum impact. I used effective people management, marketing and sales skills to promote STEM as an organisation and to ensure all volunteering requests from schools are met. I have a Responsibility to follow key processes to ensure that stringent compliance and health and safety checks are all firmly in place before each activity. I have taken ownership of various projects, such as an event for over 5,000 children ensuring all targets were met and that a beneficial outcome was reached for all participants. .

amzing

very good place to work they really look after your well being and how well you work I would recommend anyone to apply to study or work here as you will gain a lot

Accounting and finance student

i am only a student there. i will be graduated in June 2019. i study 15 hours per week and my modules are audit, portfolio management, risk management and dissertation.

Great workplace

A great place to work with friendly team members and encouraging management. I learnt a lot about administration and it has set me up well for future jobs.

career progression

career progression opportunities have been very good. the university has grown dramatically during my time here. exciting times ahead for the university

student focussed environment

Good training support, student focussed, office based work, not enough student engagement. Good for sustainability. Not so good for health well being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canterbury Christ Church University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Canterbury Christ Church University with

Learn about Canterbury Christ Church University in popular locations

• Canterbury Christ Church University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?