Canterbury Christ Church University logo
Canterbury Christ Church University

Canterbury Christ Church University Culture reviews

Clear

Worked here for 9 years. Good company culture. Cared about their employees. Only negative is communication from senior management to staff, but thats probably true about all big companies.

Great Project, spoiled by inexperienced management

Worked with a talented team, who with the right guidance, could have delivered anything. Management, is poor, unrealistic and blinkered in it's approach to everything. My project took a turn for the worse when its management structure was unsupported, and highly paid management consultant types were emplyed.

Pros

One of the best teams I have ever worked with

Cons

Blame culture, and failure to understand project

Productive, supportive and fun workplace

Welcoming and inviting atmosphere. I really enjoyed my time there, management and other employees were extremely supportive and the culture and ethos of the university is fantastic.

Great workplace

A great place to work with friendly team members and encouraging management. I learnt a lot about administration and it has set me up well for future jobs.

Extremely busy workplace

This was a full on and very busy workplace. The opportunity to learn and improve was excellent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour in both staff and students. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting things right and implementing better ways of working to ensure the smooth running of the office.

Fun and room to grow

I was not given an official salary as it was more a gig-based job where i would be paid cash for each event i helped out. The culture was very interesting and i felt i learned something new at every event i went to in regards to audio engineering, musical concepts and performance abilities.

Pros

Learning new audio techniques

Cons

Occasionally giving up other opportunities

Hard Work but enjoyable

Lots of pressure and deadlines to meet. Processes sometimes change, not always for the better. Management do communicate and are flexible. Staff are generally welcoming and helpful.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Part Time hours can sometimes lead to work not being done in my abscence

Fun and Intresting

the staff are very welcoming and help you with the upcoming tasks you may have to take part in. The overall experience is fun to do and is something I would recommend doing.

Great feeling of community

As a volunteer I felt valued and appreciated. Colleagues support each other and students are happy to study here. There is effective communication between staff and management. The hardest part of the job was not being paid for the work and odd hours. The most enjoyable part was using the equipment which was new and well maintained and also working with such a great team of people. My duties were to assist in the laboratory processes involved in pig IVF.

Pros

Great people

Cons

working times

Best Job Ever

Great company to work for, always fun and never a dull day. Pay was great and increased every year, customers were also very friendly.

great place to work..

start a 6am 9am. great place to work. people are nice. have great managerment,that can talk to.any problems. people work with are nice.we all get on..

Great People, Great Place to work

Canterbury Christ Church University is a friendly and great place to work. I have worked at CCCU for nearly 10 years now and loved every moment. CCCU has enabled me to develop as a prefessional engineer and supported me all the way.

Pros

In the beautiful city of Canterbury

productive and fun work place

the staff and pupil were really good to work with, i cant fault the organisation. The structure was simple and the meetings were always prompt. You get along well with staff and develop a friendship.

Pros

enjoyable

Great workplace, great attitude

Working for the help-desk at Canterbury Christ Church University can be rewarding, challenging and fun. A typical day includes interacting with students face-to-face, over the phone or by email. The environment is very friendly and the co-workers are always willing to help and support each other. Overall it is easy to fulfill my role, however sometimes it is challenging to keep up a balance between helping the students that are at our desk and the ones contacting us by phone. Nevertheless, excellent customer service is our main concern. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the team which can make a busy day seem fun and take of the edge.

Damning Report finds worst levels of bullying at Canterbury Christ Church University

A typical day at work consists of management turning up when they please, discriminating, alienating and bullying their staff and generally an unpleasant experience. I learnt that Christ Church as an organisation is corrupt and immoral. Management are non-existent, the people in these positions are unqualified, incompetent and ruthless in their ways to remove the good staff who actually work to make a positive experience and difference for staff and students alike. Co-workers are all unhappy and fearful of their job security due to the extreme level of politics and illegal dismissals and discrimination that occurs on a daily basis in multiple departments. The hardest part of the job is trying to remain happy and positive when all you want to do is leave because you have the feeling you are not wanted simply needed and disposable at any time. I never enjoyed anything in any of my roles with this disgraceful organisation.

Pros

Cons

Long and unsociable hours, poor pay, discrimination, alienation, bullying the list goes on.

Fun and productive

Really enjoyed my time there, staff and students were all friendly and helpful

excellent place to work

my typical day was setting up Audio Visual Equipment and dealing with 150 users desktop issues I learnt about educational software and the university ethos I had good co workers the hardest part was being the sole IT man on site the flexible working environment was the best part