Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

amzing

very good place to work they really look after your well being and how well you work I would recommend anyone to apply to study or work here as you will gain a lot

career progression

career progression opportunities have been very good. the university has grown dramatically during my time here. exciting times ahead for the university

Volunteering

This is a role I took part in as a volunteer along side my studies. It teaches a lot of skills that are important when working with people in a proffessional mannor

Fun and room to grow

I was not given an official salary as it was more a gig-based job where i would be paid cash for each event i helped out. The culture was very interesting and i felt i learned something new at every event i went to in regards to audio engineering, musical concepts and performance abilities.

Pros

Learning new audio techniques

Cons

Occasionally giving up other opportunities

Friendly place to work

Good notice in advance for changes. New offers and other positions given in advance. Friendly staff. Training given and paid to attend with most positions.

Pros

Free lunches

good university

did 3 years there. it was a good university in which they pushed you. I learnt a lot and I have come out a better person. I feel very educated and mature.

Nice environment

I have been working as a student ambassador at Canterbury Christ Church for a year and few months. I could not have found a better opportunity! I am a people person, I love to meet new people, talk about the passion I have for what I do (I am a student teacher). Moreover, this job gives you the perfect occasion to HELP someone in need. I helped students thinking about their future career; gave them the tools to understand that they can make it and all of us come to a point in life when everything looks extremely hard to face. The hardest part of the job is that offers only temporary roles. The management is good; people do put all their effort for every events to run as smooth as possible and if you are proactive, it offers space for improvement and personal development.

I was learning CELTA programme. It was a friendly environment where I could learn and apply teaching experiences. I would recommend to others.

Cleaner over summer period - not bad temporary work

Worked here over the summer period a while back. I don't speak for all sectors of the university, only the cleaning department. The staff were very friendly and easy to work with. The other staff, mainly composed of other students, were great too. Pay obviously wasn't amazing but what would you expect. Was a temporary summer job, so opportunities for advancement is not something you'd be looking at. Hours weren't bad, something like 8-1 if I remember correctly, so have plenty of time in the afternoon to enjoy. Or, if you look at it in a different way, you don't get many hours so don't make a lot of money. Overall, it did the job for temporary summer work. Worked with a few friends so that was fun. Wouldn't do it again though. A friend of mine did, so each to their own.

Pros

Short days, friendly management, friendly co-workers, not difficult

Cons

Can be a bit disgusting, work can be strenuous at times

Great Place to work for

Working for Canterbury Christ Church University was a great. I gained a lot of experience in terms of meeting new people addressing guests and clients when working here.

Damning Report finds worst levels of bullying at Canterbury Christ Church University

A typical day at work consists of management turning up when they please, discriminating, alienating and bullying their staff and generally an unpleasant experience. I learnt that Christ Church as an organisation is corrupt and immoral. Management are non-existent, the people in these positions are unqualified, incompetent and ruthless in their ways to remove the good staff who actually work to make a positive experience and difference for staff and students alike. Co-workers are all unhappy and fearful of their job security due to the extreme level of politics and illegal dismissals and discrimination that occurs on a daily basis in multiple departments. The hardest part of the job is trying to remain happy and positive when all you want to do is leave because you have the feeling you are not wanted simply needed and disposable at any time. I never enjoyed anything in any of my roles with this disgraceful organisation.

Pros

Cons

Long and unsociable hours, poor pay, discrimination, alienation, bullying the list goes on.

Good Lecturers

I enjoyed my time here, everyone was very nice. The lessons were good and laid out well

Wonderful Environment

This University offers great career prospects in an up and coming institution.