Canterbury Christ Church University logo
Canterbury Christ Church University

Canterbury Christ Church University Management reviews

Clear

Worked here for 9 years. Good company culture. Cared about their employees. Only negative is communication from senior management to staff, but thats probably true about all big companies.

Great Project, spoiled by inexperienced management

Worked with a talented team, who with the right guidance, could have delivered anything. Management, is poor, unrealistic and blinkered in it's approach to everything. My project took a turn for the worse when its management structure was unsupported, and highly paid management consultant types were emplyed.

Pros

One of the best teams I have ever worked with

Cons

Blame culture, and failure to understand project

Bad Place To Work

Bullying managers, corrupt department. No protection for staff who make unofficial complaints about incompetent managers who cant manage, but can bully effectively and make your life a misery whilst you are there to the point where you feel the only choice you have is to leave . Managers who lie professionally and get away with it because the upper management are too weak to address long standing incompetence. Not a good experience at all ! ! ! .

Productive, supportive and fun workplace

Welcoming and inviting atmosphere. I really enjoyed my time there, management and other employees were extremely supportive and the culture and ethos of the university is fantastic.

Great place to work, with great people I was assisting the team in managing over 4,000 dedicated volunteers throughout the South-East of England, the role gave me a passion for promoting STEM subjects to the next generation. My main task is to promote and fill all voluntary roles within schools and other educational establishments for maximum impact. I used effective people management, marketing and sales skills to promote STEM as an organisation and to ensure all volunteering requests from schools are met. I have a Responsibility to follow key processes to ensure that stringent compliance and health and safety checks are all firmly in place before each activity. I have taken ownership of various projects, such as an event for over 5,000 children ensuring all targets were met and that a beneficial outcome was reached for all participants. .

Accounting and finance student

i am only a student there. i will be graduated in June 2019. i study 15 hours per week and my modules are audit, portfolio management, risk management and dissertation.

Great workplace

A great place to work with friendly team members and encouraging management. I learnt a lot about administration and it has set me up well for future jobs.

Hard Work but enjoyable

Lots of pressure and deadlines to meet. Processes sometimes change, not always for the better. Management do communicate and are flexible. Staff are generally welcoming and helpful.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Part Time hours can sometimes lead to work not being done in my abscence

Poor management

I've worked at Christchurch for 3 years, it's by far the most unorangised work place there is and the management is appalling. The hours you get are all over the place, if you're off sick they punish you with less hours for not being there. It's not all as great as people say. You could be working your socks off and not get any recognition what-so-ever no 'good job' it's as if they expect it, but the second you're stood around taking a little break they're straight on your back... Only work here if there's no other options

Pros

High pay

Cons

Bad oraganision

Great feeling of community

As a volunteer I felt valued and appreciated. Colleagues support each other and students are happy to study here. There is effective communication between staff and management. The hardest part of the job was not being paid for the work and odd hours. The most enjoyable part was using the equipment which was new and well maintained and also working with such a great team of people. My duties were to assist in the laboratory processes involved in pig IVF.

Pros

Great people

Cons

working times

Jobs at Canterbury Christ Church University

See more jobs

Productive Work Place

Enjoyed working here. Very friendly management and working environment. There were many benefits to the job like free office software and drinks during your breaks.

Nice environment

I have been working as a student ambassador at Canterbury Christ Church for a year and few months. I could not have found a better opportunity! I am a people person, I love to meet new people, talk about the passion I have for what I do (I am a student teacher). Moreover, this job gives you the perfect occasion to HELP someone in need. I helped students thinking about their future career; gave them the tools to understand that they can make it and all of us come to a point in life when everything looks extremely hard to face. The hardest part of the job is that offers only temporary roles. The management is good; people do put all their effort for every events to run as smooth as possible and if you are proactive, it offers space for improvement and personal development.

Cleaner over summer period - not bad temporary work

Worked here over the summer period a while back. I don't speak for all sectors of the university, only the cleaning department. The staff were very friendly and easy to work with. The other staff, mainly composed of other students, were great too. Pay obviously wasn't amazing but what would you expect. Was a temporary summer job, so opportunities for advancement is not something you'd be looking at. Hours weren't bad, something like 8-1 if I remember correctly, so have plenty of time in the afternoon to enjoy. Or, if you look at it in a different way, you don't get many hours so don't make a lot of money. Overall, it did the job for temporary summer work. Worked with a few friends so that was fun. Wouldn't do it again though. A friend of mine did, so each to their own.

Pros

Short days, friendly management, friendly co-workers, not difficult

Cons

Can be a bit disgusting, work can be strenuous at times

Damning Report finds worst levels of bullying at Canterbury Christ Church University

A typical day at work consists of management turning up when they please, discriminating, alienating and bullying their staff and generally an unpleasant experience. I learnt that Christ Church as an organisation is corrupt and immoral. Management are non-existent, the people in these positions are unqualified, incompetent and ruthless in their ways to remove the good staff who actually work to make a positive experience and difference for staff and students alike. Co-workers are all unhappy and fearful of their job security due to the extreme level of politics and illegal dismissals and discrimination that occurs on a daily basis in multiple departments. The hardest part of the job is trying to remain happy and positive when all you want to do is leave because you have the feeling you are not wanted simply needed and disposable at any time. I never enjoyed anything in any of my roles with this disgraceful organisation.

Pros

Cons

Long and unsociable hours, poor pay, discrimination, alienation, bullying the list goes on.

Productive and fun workplace

Working at the University of Christ Church has always been enjoyable. Me, and my colleagues at the time, felt that it is a great place which gives plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on. In my role as a graphic design assistant I was often relied on for support in the research and planning processes. I believe this job has given me a good overall idea of how project management works, and in doing so has enabled me to further extend my skills in planning and organisation.

Staff & managment friendly & understanding

Typical day would be setting up equipment that would be used by the university sport societies. Helping clients in the gym & cleaning all equipment on a regular basis to make it a nice environment for our clients. Everyone was friendly and made you feel welcome. Management made time to listen any queries or problems you may of had.

Pros

Was good rate of pay an hour

Cons

Not alot to do on some days