Capgemini

Capgemini Employee Reviews

United Kingdom275 reviews

Found 275 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,711 reviews

Good Culture. Bad reward

I worked for nearly two decades, getting great reviews each year. The people I worked with were great and very work/life balance friendly.However my pay flat lined for 10 years, even though I was flexible and worked on whatever project I was asked to work on.good company, very badly rewardedI left to get a similar job elsewhere where I am now getting 50% more!!

Pros

culture, work life balance, flex benefits

Cons

salary.

Great community culture, poor pay and progression

Direct managers have very little influence over supporting progression. Pay and progression is limited despite performing well and receiving good client feedback.

Pros

Good variety of benefits

Cons

Poor pay and progression

Insights into Capgemini

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Ok

Only good part is job security. But rest all is worst, performance review cycles are of no use.Evaluation of performance is mainly on your connects not job skills

Pros

Cons

Many

Capgemini have good atmosphere to work

Capgemini offices have good atmosphere to work in and plenty of job and career change opportunities and the management are very supportive about training and growing skills

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No Pension and low wages

Meh

Low salary with few revisions despite showcasing good performance. The projects assigned can be nice. Although it varies in a case to case basis. It's a french roulette.

Its a generic call centre, don't get too excited.

A very meh place to work in general. If you wish to progress in IT this isn't a bad place to work to hopefully progress in the industry. There is very much a sink or swim way of work in regards to training with little to no organisation to get you started and working.Be aware blame culture exists as well as crunch culture with little to no support from Management.

Overall nice place to work, but could do with improvements in areas.

Capgemini overall is a nice corporate company to work for. They have seven values that they pride themselves on, and most of the time they stay true to those values. Work life balance depends on what engagement you are on. You can be away from home for long stints, living out of suitcases, staying in hotels, or you could be working on an engagement that requires you to work from a Capgemini office and has relatively good work life balance. Since the pandemic WFH has become more widespread and not that many people have actually returned to the offices.I've worked on accounts where you do your standard hours and that's enough, and I've worked on projects where you're always working over your hours so, it really depends on the particular engagement.I would say that pay is in line (well maybe a bit below avg) with the market for the roles, but how they get you is by not promoting you, when you are working at a level that is higher than your current role. If your face doesn't fit, you have to fight to get the opportunities you deserve. If you 'big yourself up' and get the right manager, you can go places, but if you have an incompetent manager who doesn't have your best interests at heart, you will stagnate and will be going nowhere!Plus in certain areas there is not a lot of diversity, although they do spit out a lot of corporate jargon about inclusivity. There is a lot of internal bureaucracy and some of the internal systems are clunky and could do with updating.Also you don't get a lot of time to do administrative tasks, such as timesheets/expenses and giving back -

Pros

Good selection of benefits, can be relaxed depending on the account you work on, Travel

Cons

Long hours, Travel, Pay and progression can be slow.

Capgemini is a great place to work, culture is great, they take inclusivity etc seriously. L&D is excellent. Plenty of client options and you are pushed to define your own career

Pros

Cons

Salary a bit lower thank the market average

Comfortable place to work but not exciting

Good place to work as a new joiner / grad but can outgrow environment quickly. Good colleagues but pay is not enough. Caring family like team around you that promote your learning

Cool place so far

Its been alright working here. I enjoy working in teams and they encourage this. Feels supportive and I'm given opportunities to branch out if I want. Working with clients is cool too

pretty good

yeah I like it, nice people. You get good opportunities to work with clients and gain assistance and training from various different people and experiences.

Alright

Pays good work can be boring, times without work. Management need to communicate with employees more often. Not sure about progression routes

Too many managers and top tier managers made this an uncomfortable place to work.

Busy days, productive and genuinely care about our client’s needs. Lots of support and positive working culture amongst colleagues.However, it became apparent that promotions of inexperienced staff over staff who were already carrying out those roles. In some cases, those roles had interviews that were not disclosed. This muddied the waters especially amongst senior levels where frequent management changes took place as management all had worked with each other from previous companies. Not a bad thing but noticeable cultural changes when senior managers outside of the UK didn’t approve of what they saw as cultural imbalances in the office.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, supportive colleagues and team spirit

Cons

Too much focus on equality created inequality, Nepotism amongst senior management, which filtered down. Unfair grading and payscales, as we all discussed our pay.

It's who you know.. not what you know.

People don't really matter, results count is an apt moto. Everyone is just a number unless you get on with your management.Lots of good people in the company that just don't get recognised as managers are so focused on getting results for themselves at the cost of the true heartbeat of the company.If you want to advance your own skills and look after yourself it's fine. Don't expect any loyalty though.If you raise genuine concerns about managers it gets noted and don't expect any good to come from it. Poor performance is not dealt with and brushed under a carpet. Others have to deal with the extra work.

Pros

Free drinks, coffee tea and modern office

Cons

Some poor managers who feed of the results of their teams.

Good learning culture

Good learning culture. Good projects. Work hard. Good place to work. This company has a good learning culture. They have good projects. Gives you the opportunity to work hard.

Fast paced service desk

On the whole it was good experience working as a apprentice on the service desk , however it was hard to progress and move across to other teams such as networks or cyber security

Pros

1 hour lunch and two 15 minute paid breaks, free bus to city centre

Cons

Lack of progression and learning opportunities

Challenging and satisfying place to have a career

Depending on your role, experience, ambition and perseverance you have a source of endless opportunities. There are ups and downs along the way but a supportive network gets you through both. There are rewards for people with the right attitude, who work hard and sometimes go beyond the call of duty.

Pros

Innovative working practices and overall good support from management

Cons

Sometimes long hours, previously exacerbated by travel.

Better jobs out there

Generally the people are okay but as soon as there is an issue then it’s blame game stuff. Training is very poor and they have a sink or swim system; probably not by design. Throughout the job you will learn some new skills which is a positive. There are worse jobs but there are more better ones. I would say this is a last resort job in all honesty.

Pros

Learn new skills

Cons

Ok place to work if you are a contractor.

My job was boring and not challenging and then had the indignity of having a colleague take over my role effectively demoting me. My motivation suffered as a result.

Pros

Was fairly close to where I lived at the time.

Cons

Was based in an old and dirty office.

Professional, productive and fun

I worked for Capgemini in 2016 at both their Telford and Birmingham Offices and I really loved my job here so much, the management teams were amazing and all the colleagues were great and very supportive, the personal development and training opportunities are 1st class, I would highly recommend working for Capgemini

Pros

Great support and training, competitive salary, 1 hour lunch breaks, flexible with working hours, great holiday allowance

Good work experience

It was only a work placement but the experience was valuable for my future jobs. I worked in a team of six and we completed tasks that involved projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement