Capita

Capita Employee Reviews

Found 2,598 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Capita selected this as a representative review
Satisfying job with supportive management and great team of colleagues. Commitment from the top to changing company culture and investing in our people.
Pros
Job with variety and right level of challenge, Commitment to diversity and being a responsible business, Supportive management and colleagues
Cons
For me, none.
Worst company ever worked for. They don't care about staff welfare, stress and workload high. Forget you are in a team if contracted to organisation and no mental health well being. Don't apply for a job with this company unless you want to be over worked under paid and unappreciated.
Pros
Day I left
Cons
Management suck
They tried to go back on their own contract. Management are Manipulating and only want to sort issues out through PERSONAL TEXT & PHONE CALLS. NOT A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. Took weeks to sort this out and i’m in the process of making a formal complaint.
Pros
Made some great friends in training
Cons
Managers, just go back to school
This was a full-on role 8-hours per day on phones with 2-off 15 minutes paid breaks and 30 minute lunch (unpaid). The role was challenging and often highly stressful. No overtime was paid and if worked more than 15 minutes beyond finish time this could be claimed back. My experience was very difficult to get time back. Holidays are a mystery. Allowance was invisible and there is no coherent booking process. It proved very difficult to get time off for holidays. I feel I was poorly paid. It was the lowest salary I had in 30 years.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor salary and high stress.
Don’t put yourself through the torture. Horrible job, no work life balance and ridiculous daily expectations. String you along with probation. RUN!!!!!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
12+ hour days to get work done and constant criticism.
Management have no interest in training or developing new employees. The pressure is piled on to test you constantly. Team culture is is very unprofessional and encourage micro-managing. Old school male white management.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of employees
Job itself is challenging but the main issue is you are treated like a bum on a seat they don’t care what’s going on in your personal life, they advise you customer service based role then you are forced into selling things because it’s “in your contract”Management is awful many times I’ve declined manager calls because simply no manager will take it. Working from home especially is the worst no support at all.
Pros
Unpaid lunch
Cons
Lack of support
I read a lot of reviews but I am happy to have made the decision to get employed here. Great team, great support from managers and they really look after you, you are part of the team from day 1 and there absolutely no one to make you feel otherwise. A good level of written and spoken English is essential and good computer skills also so I would not suggest this job to whom can’t manage these. Then the first few months it is very hard, lot of work and less time for yourself, but after learning how things work the hours are quite flexible. Well done Capita for all support!
Managers are fantastic! When first starting it can take a month or two for your wages to be corrected however once there sorted they’re fine very rare bonus isn’t paid correctly. Very understanding company and operational management are very good! Amazing banter with staff, very supportive!!!
Pros
The banter! And the wage.
Cons
Bonus scheme, however this varies from campaign to campaign depending on the clientele.
I would say the management is really poor.No training given to employees. The Salary is really low and no chances of progression. Avoid working here.It took them 3 months to confirm my start date after getting my offer letter.Very indecisive. No support for struggling employees. Just lip service about supporting.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Already mentioned in Review
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capita?
The people made the job working on the three campaign was the best 2 years of working i had but as o say it was the people who made it fun the managers were hit and miss but to cut the campaign 2 years early and make everyone redundant at short notice was a scummy move
Pros
Good laughs
Cons
No communication
I had previously done this job when it was another company which was brilliant. When I resigned the management treat you like rubbish as they know they lost a great FMO and become spiteful cutting of my van fuel card without informing me. Only done 1 star as I couldn't leave it blank
Pros
Double Time overtime
Cons
Rude subjects, rude staff, nothing happens to people who breach
i didnt have any experience they learned me everything my team leader is the best i wont lie and say all team leaders are great they not .pay is good for homeworking and there is opportunity's
Pros
learning
No matter what contract you end up in, the management are lousy. Untrained and uneducated managers, poor HR skills. Miserable place to be. The pay is good however the people aren’t.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Eveything
My experience is you work hard for progression but the managment dont appreciate you just a bum on seat they treat you like you do not matter worst job I have ever had very disappointing only plus side to working there is the canteen and parking is free .Some managers are helpful but others if they don't like you make your life a misery .
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Managment
3 week training at first, they make out its amazing when I really isn't, I was in the o2 block and I had a manager that moved from inbound to outbound department and not gonna lie a fish had more knowledge for outbound retention than her, I then got put on inbound which she worked for 16 years when you ask for support she rolls her eyes and complains, no support what so ever
Pros
When its hometime
Cons
Turning upto this Sh1T house
It’s not a great place to work the hours are unsociable depending on which section you work in i had to work every christmas day and the managers were not nice
AVOID!! Job itself is ok- answering inbound calls regarding insurance policies. The management are horrible- very much if your face fits type of place. Constant revolving door of staff as they cant seem to treat anyone with respect.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible management, no flexibility, poor pay
Capita only care about how they can save a buck. Mostly overworked as they don't replace leavers (to save money) and no pay increases or training in several years for our team despite being advertised as performance related pay.
Pros
Cons
Focus is always on cost reduction
Just like any other call centre. It's about the people you work with not so much the job as you could be doing anything but if you don't get on with the people you won't like it. Same as anywhere really. Not a bad place I'd go back you just have to make the effort to be social and want to do a good job. Like anywhere.
Pros
Job
Cons
No bonus
eventually grew to love the job, at the start in was info overload but you had lots of support to help you, the contract we were working on seemed to have lots of updates on a daily basis so at times you felt you were just comfortable with something when they upgraded it, so it was fast paced in that respect, I was on a short tem contract that was extended and to be honest I had hoped it would be extended again unfortunately their client no longer needed our support, which was a pity as I really enjoyed the role and the teams were so helpful so you never felt out of your depth
Pros
support and training
Cons
not the best paid job
  1. Employee reviews