Capita

Capita Employee Reviews

Found 2,607 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Capita selected this as a representative review
Satisfying job with supportive management and great team of colleagues. Commitment from the top to changing company culture and investing in our people.
Pros
Job with variety and right level of challenge, Commitment to diversity and being a responsible business, Supportive management and colleagues
Cons
For me, none.
I have seen many poor opinions of Capita across various online portals; however, I can’t say this is my experience. I have found Management helpful, open and forthcoming. In addition internal communications are frequent, whether this via the intranet, Yammer, Teams or Division email. Capita is diverse at the Core. The team in which I work although male dominated, we are multi- cultural with Managers and Leadership Team a mix a Male, female and cultures. There are opportunities to advance within Capita and learn new skills, the latter however requires a little research and of course approval.Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend Capita as a prospective Employer.
Pros
Home/work life balance
I have worked for Capita for over 5 years, my current role in the business allows me to have a flexible work life balance. Management are really supportive and there are frequent opportunities for progression within the business.
Pros
Flexible work life balance, supportive management, well paid, opportunities for progression.
Cons
n/a
I absolutely hated my time here. It was stressful, customers shouted at you down the phone all day every day. You don't get any support from management and if you took too long on a call then you got told off. It was utterly horrendous and i would advise anyone to steer clear.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No support
Martlesham pic has had about 5 site managers in 5 years because they all leave due to the horrible atmosphere, The cleaning staff are treated disrespectful too by the customer and capita management , would never recommend this organisation to anyone, meant to add Christmas Day and Boxing Day you get flat rate wages same with B/H
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
The company hires people who have someone from inside ! It doesn’t matter how hard You work . If you are contract employee , don’t bother to impress anyone .
Pros
Cons
Nepotism
The company worked day to day and had zero plan for the future other than selling off as much as they could to break even. The company has lost all respect in the industry due to poor planning, terrible senior leadership and no ability to plan more than a week ahead.
Pros
Some of the people in mid management
Cons
Not security or chance of advancement
With Capita being an outsourcing company they tend to have contracts that deal mainly with the difficult calls. Capita are not flexible, they will not give you options for a work life balance, it's a set shift that you must do every day. I found some Management to be extremely supportive which made my 5 month contract just about bearable.
Pros
Management (if you get lucky)
Cons
No flexibility with shifts and poor salary
As a former CIO at Capita, me and my direct reports had a toxic environment. Top level are just looking to cut corners and cost with no relation to what was promised to the client.Whomever i worked in Capita didn't stay, they all had a very bad experience.Pity since the company has a lot of potential.
Pros
Nice HQ, good salaries
Cons
everything else
Never worked for a worse company in my life. Weeks of training not applicable to the job and will penalise and BULLY you if you make a mistake. Please avoid this company
Worst company ever worked for. They don't care about staff welfare, stress and workload high. Forget you are in a team if contracted to organisation and no mental health well being. Don't apply for a job with this company unless you want to be over worked under paid and unappreciated.
Pros
Day I left
Cons
Management suck
They tried to go back on their own contract. Management are Manipulating and only want to sort issues out through PERSONAL TEXT & PHONE CALLS. NOT A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. Took weeks to sort this out and i’m in the process of making a formal complaint.
Pros
Made some great friends in training
Cons
Managers, just go back to school
This was a full-on role 8-hours per day on phones with 2-off 15 minutes paid breaks and 30 minute lunch (unpaid). The role was challenging and often highly stressful. No overtime was paid and if worked more than 15 minutes beyond finish time this could be claimed back. My experience was very difficult to get time back. Holidays are a mystery. Allowance was invisible and there is no coherent booking process. It proved very difficult to get time off for holidays. I feel I was poorly paid. It was the lowest salary I had in 30 years.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor salary and high stress.
Don’t put yourself through the torture. Horrible job, no work life balance and ridiculous daily expectations. String you along with probation. RUN!!!!!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
12+ hour days to get work done and constant criticism.
Management have no interest in training or developing new employees. The pressure is piled on to test you constantly. Team culture is is very unprofessional and encourage micro-managing. Old school male white management.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of employees
Job itself is challenging but the main issue is you are treated like a bum on a seat they don’t care what’s going on in your personal life, they advise you customer service based role then you are forced into selling things because it’s “in your contract”Management is awful many times I’ve declined manager calls because simply no manager will take it. Working from home especially is the worst no support at all.
Pros
Unpaid lunch
Cons
Lack of support
I read a lot of reviews but I am happy to have made the decision to get employed here. Great team, great support from managers and they really look after you, you are part of the team from day 1 and there absolutely no one to make you feel otherwise. A good level of written and spoken English is essential and good computer skills also so I would not suggest this job to whom can’t manage these. Then the first few months it is very hard, lot of work and less time for yourself, but after learning how things work the hours are quite flexible. Well done Capita for all support!
Managers are fantastic! When first starting it can take a month or two for your wages to be corrected however once there sorted they’re fine very rare bonus isn’t paid correctly. Very understanding company and operational management are very good! Amazing banter with staff, very supportive!!!
Pros
The banter! And the wage.
Cons
Bonus scheme, however this varies from campaign to campaign depending on the clientele.
I would say the management is really poor.No training given to employees. The Salary is really low and no chances of progression. Avoid working here.It took them 3 months to confirm my start date after getting my offer letter.Very indecisive. No support for struggling employees. Just lip service about supporting.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Already mentioned in Review
The people made the job working on the three campaign was the best 2 years of working i had but as o say it was the people who made it fun the managers were hit and miss but to cut the campaign 2 years early and make everyone redundant at short notice was a scummy move
Pros
Good laughs
Cons
No communication
I had previously done this job when it was another company which was brilliant. When I resigned the management treat you like rubbish as they know they lost a great FMO and become spiteful cutting of my van fuel card without informing me. Only done 1 star as I couldn't leave it blank
Pros
Double Time overtime
Cons
Rude subjects, rude staff, nothing happens to people who breach
  1. Employee reviews