Capita PLC
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Capita PLC Employee Reviews

Found 2,588 reviews matching the search
Not too bad for the pay, could be better in terms of salary. Sociable hours 8am-8pm. Managers are supportive and there’s always someone there to help with any queries. Canteen is a joke, expensive food which is terrible quality.
Pros
Management, sociable hours
Cons
Canteen, difficult to progress
eventually grew to love the job, at the start in was info overload but you had lots of support to help you, the contract we were working on seemed to have lots of updates on a daily basis so at times you felt you were just comfortable with something when they upgraded it, so it was fast paced in that respect, I was on a short tem contract that was extended and to be honest I had hoped it would be extended again unfortunately their client no longer needed our support, which was a pity as I really enjoyed the role and the teams were so helpful so you never felt out of your depth
Pros
support and training
Cons
not the best paid job
Got the job through an agency (Blue Arrow) - so perhaps they treat permanent staff differently (though not according to the ones I spoke to) -but the management treated the workers with absolutely no respect and were completely incompetent themselves. They had people who had been working there for a week or less showing new starters what to do, and then complained when work wasn't done to their standard (which changed day to day without being communicated to staff). Cheques and customer documents were regularly lost. The place was a shambles. The 'work culture' there was also all about hitting targets. There were several large TV screens, for everyone to see, which showed the amount of tasks each person had completed as a percentage of their target - not exactly an enjoyable work environment. Avoid if possible.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Ridiculous targets, incompetent management, stressful atmosphere, boring work
In training, we were told that Capita were paid for each call taken. It didn't matter if the customer's issue was resolved or not. It was a culture of get the customer on, if you couldn't resolve their issue, advise the customer that they would receive a call back - which rarely happened and get the customer off. Worst job ever !!!
Pros
Colleagues who felt the same
Cons
Management who didnt care
The training is comprehensive but it is no preparation for the reality of the job. You are rapidly increased to assessing 4 claimants a day. The report writing is exceptionally hard as there are no proformas and after 12 weeks it was still taking 4 hours to write up each report. I was working on my day off and all weekend to keep up with the report writing. Each case has to be prepared in advance and this takes a minimum of one hour. Some claimants can have up to 50 pieces of evidence to read prior to the actual assessment, which has to be done the night before. Your clinical experience counts for nothing. The report will be returned to you if you do not put the description the DWP wants. There are no redeeming features for this job. If you are a diligent and highly qualified nurse DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Cons
I was employed on to a contract working for Capita. This is an amazing company to work for!!! Lots of work incentives such as vouchers, free time for team meetings and plus paid breaks. Management at Capita are friendly and I have had lots of development opportunities on the home contract I am working for. This is one of the best jobs that I have had and would encourage anybody to apply. As Capita is such a massive company you are well looked after and always have support at hand !
Pros
2 Paid breaks, no sociable hours, amazing support
Cons
No comfort breaks
Management is very poor and lacks people skills. No progression and tends to be who you know rather than what you know in order to advance. Revolving door culture when it comes to staff recruitment or retention so staff don't tend to stay beyond a few months.
Pros
The jobs themselves tend to be pretty easy in terms of workload
Cons
No progression for any minorities
So, before I commenced working as a Disability assessor for Capita. I did my homework and research before. I read all these negative reviews about the disabilitiy assessor job roles and thought surely this could not be possible? Well this leads me to now. Completion of 4 weeks in training. This training was interesting and difficult, although I did enjoy this. Although from week two of training I soon learnt that management treat you like robots. Setting too high an expectation of the HUGE workload. Hours of report writing. Management require speed, and accuracy all the time which I can understand. Working hours for me 8-8 pm ! Not 9-5 pm.as advertised. I feel disappointed by the treatment towards their staff. Clinical trainers, coaches and team manager that have lied about new starters. As an experienced nurse. I will not wish anyone to experience this horrible scenario at the risk of losing their professional pin number. To fellow nurses our there that may be thinking of changing career. I kindly advise you to think very carefully. This job brought on stress and migraines for me. Management do not care and do not believe staff! Now I have learnt from this experience. I should have listened to the advice in these job reviews as it was a true picture of the Capita Disabilitiy assessor job role. Good luck everyone with your future job searches.
Pros
Good intensive training.
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect to staff.dishonest
You are not treated as an individual, you are spoken to like a child and the goal posts are ever changing on what a call should look like . Training department are brilliant but that all goes out of the window once you’re in a live environment. They say that there are no targets and yet the phones are treated like a call centre. Under constant pressure for time keeping and you have to be able to justify why you may not be available, even if you are still dealing with a customer query. No flexibility from management and generally an un happy place to work
Pros
Pay is ok for the job required
Cons
Long hours and treated like a child
I loved the fact that I was able to put smiles soon customer's faces and solve problems. listening to people and what they need and also communicating to them was good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capita PLC?
Not allowed to leave your seat without entering a specific code into your phone. That includes what you're going to do in the toilet. That in turn is time sensitive. Weekly targets that only increase. Everything is tracked except your happiness. Don't believe me, get a job there. Good luck
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Treated like a battery hen
Great place to work as it provides various opportunities in different roles with different companies within Capita I started working for o2 in 2005 however this company was bought by Capita hence my employer is Capita and I am working on their O2 contract
Pros
Great people
Please do not leave NHs for this !! No work life balance. Managers not clinical and only care about their bonus. The training did not prepare you for the job. The managers will tell you to carry on even if it means you get in trouble. They are not supportive at all as a company.You are paid for 37 hours but you work at least 60. A week. AWFUL JOB !!
Cons
I used to work here in 2020 and was sacked due to going to the toilet too often. I had a medical condition and had a doctors note and they agreed that it was okay but they still sacked me. The managment in this company is terrible, they do not care about your health and wellbeing. All they want is for you to take 100+ calls a day without taking a breather. I was suffering with depression and they told me to get over it and start hitting my targets.
Pros
Free water and hot drinks
Cons
Everything else
2nd time working for Cpta and it was so different, this time the recruitment was a utter mess, they lied about the hours, lied about the role, more like working in a madmax movie than a blue chip company, poor covid security, nobody seemed to care, rushed through training, left before deployment to client... Never again...
Pros
Good if you don't care about work, client, customer or colleagues
Cons
Salary to be honest is quite good
Team leaders very unhelpful and uncooperative, teams very groupy and likes to give cold shoulder to newbiesHome and work life balance poor tooThe training was awful as only had 3 weeks to go through 5 different sections and then expected to know everything when on the phones
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Unprofessional collegues
Thay using people to get training allowance, no one in my group was set on. Would never advise anyone to work for capita as the targets are unreachable
Great team, busy environment, booking holiday is not a problem, solid management.No offering any courses or development.Not enough staff to cover schools
Pros
Give you enough time to solve the problem, not chasing too much
Cons
Provide no courses or any development
In my opinion it is a great place to work, the exec team take time to listen and resolve issues, I have been offered and have taken oppotunity to inprove my skills and develop myself. There is always something new happening in regards to growth and it is an exciting journey to be involved in.
Pros
Investment in development, supportive colleagues.
Cons
Hard work!
It's a tough world in outsourcing, there is always change and things move fast in this industry. Its exciting, fast paced so dont join if you dont like change and you just want to plod along in your job.
Pros
Always new challenges
If you like the idea of working for a company that lack competence and values this is the right place for you. Love feeling under appreciated, under estimated? Love feeling like a number? Love when big companies over worked you and under pay you? Love when they lie to your face and mess you around ... well you have find the right place to be.
Pros
Sadly nothing
  1. Employee reviews