Capital Hair and Beauty

Capital Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews

Repetitive eay work good staff very helpful needed to be more diverse but a good place to work lern lot bout the merchandise but found the late nights pouring didn't need to open that late
Pros
Speaking to customers
Cons
Late nights
Capital Brighton was a lovely place to work, lovely management, lovely team and amazing customers! I’m only leaving as moving up in the company to a different store ❤️ Fun team to work with and just an amazing place to work. Very supportive with personal needs and issues, I lost my dad while working here and they where very supportive with the time off I needed ❤️
Pros
Great work team
Having retired from Capital after many years, I have nothing but praiseA well run and ethical family run company , leading in its field , by far the most professional set up within the tradeGood management structureOffice is modern and has a welcoming environmentHead Office managers are skilled in their roles, being supportive and encourage involvement and feedback from their own teamsOpportunities for advancementGood staff benefits
Pros
Progressive and ambitious comany
Cons
Car parking limited on site, but free street parking nearby
I really enjoyed my time at Capital, the team at the store were really friendly and my manager was supportive. I had to leave because of personal reasons but would happily work there again. It's great to get to know the customers a bit better which you dont get to do in normal shop work. I felt that the company cared about us during lockdown last year too.
Pros
The people
Cons
Being on your feet all day!
Great company to work for, friendly staff, awards on sales, smart uniform, very supportive management, great training . Made a lot of good friends during my time there. I have good memories working at Capital and even now coming back to the store in Glasgow , it’s feels like I’m visiting family. Amazing 2 years of work with great life experience.
Pros
Excellent training, lots of opportunities
A typical day consisted of packing parcels and making sure they were sent out in the correct batch. We would have to pick out items as the order stated and pack them in the fast paste work environment because some parcels were next day delivery. The hardest part of the job was working during the colder months, being on your feet from 9-5 in a cold warehouse.
I had a good time working a Capital Hair and Beauty. The team in the Brighton store welcomed me as soon as I started and made my time really enjoyable.
I am highly disappointed with this company, they failed to provide me any support after my Father passed away a few months ago, not even a sympathy card. Due to poor management, lies, manipulation and uncompassionate behaviour, I have been forced to leave on bad terms, however it was the BEST thing I ever did!
5 February 2020
At Capital (Hair and Beauty) Ltd we respect that ex-employees have a right to express how they feel on leaving the business by posting reviews on Indeed.However, as a highly reputable employer with a right to reply, we wish to make it clear to any prospective new employee that we are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment.All employees and any job applicant will receive equal treatment and our policies in place set out our approach to equal opportunities and the avoidance of discrimination at work.This also includes our Anti-harassment and Bullying Policy.We take a strict approach to any breaches of our Equal Opportunities policy, which will be dealt with formally if provenIn response to this post the contents and any claims made are totally refuted. To see more about Capital please visit the Company website at https://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk/vacancies. Here you will find further information about our job opportunities and learn how you could be part of a great team in a highly successful Company, the largest wholesale supplier of hair & beauty products in the UK.And still a family business too!
Management is disgraceful, relying on her employees to do their job for them. Does nothing but talk inappropriately about customers and other employees. Speaks to employees like absolute rubbish. Previous employees bullied into handing in their notice. If your face doesn't fit you wont be appreciated!
5 February 2020
•Bad management •Poor pay •Not flexible •Unappreciated •Make you sit there when your Mother dies to wait for approval from head office to go home WHAT MORE CAN YOU SAY?
5 February 2020
Don't treat you well, and dont appreciate what you really do. Block your account once you have left. Management bullied staff which lead to me quitting due to the reasons made me ill with stress. Dont care about staff, do not work for this company, salary is ok however only part time hours so cant afford to live off it, the perks of the job are laughable not even worth it.
5 February 2020
Never have I experienced such a badly managed company. MANIPULATIVE BULLIES! God forbid you loose a parent whilst employed by this company, you’ll be given 2 days to grieve and then the harassment begins. This company wants to be bigger and better by the year but forgets how to practise their own code of conduct. Shameful to say the least!
Pros
None!
Cons
Lack of people skills & compassion
5 February 2020
More Drama than any soap opera. Every day was Torture management poor, Daily dramas usually by management. Customer service none excistance. . Staff used and abused . Just a slave to money hungry company
5 February 2020
Loved working here until something changed which then changed the whole dynamics.
Pros
Main boss in lincoln is amazing
Cons
His sidekick is what puts most off
A typical day includes, monitoring and driving training course sales, liaising with training companies and booking training dates, room set up and customer care on training course days, staff training for new team members, stock control and stock replenishment on shop floor, assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for, responsible for processing cash and card payments and general housekeeping duties.
Working in this industry and for Capital is fun, fast paced, rewarding and entertaining. I love the job, the team, the Store Manager and higher management. There are wonderful perks to working for Capital, such as... Discount, training, free samples, bonuses for the team and not just the management, networking and of course your team if they are correctly looked after. The important negatives I find are Progression and Pay. It would be great to be given the opportunity to work towards more, such as actual management qualifications while working here, or to be recognised more for working hard and improving, or doing your job well and succeeding, or gaining a pay rise and not just being told no because the store isn't in a certain bracket. This can leave staff feeling undervalued or loosing their drive. If any member of staff requests something, if should be looked into, and the outcome not just assumed which ends with the request being denied. That being said, wonderful company with great people and an interesting job which is ever changing, I would recommend highly.
Pros
Training, discount, networking, hours.
Cons
Pay, Progression
Capital is a very busy shop working for the company for so long I have learnt a lot,I work great as a team playing have trained many staff up to full standard,showing them how to register new customers and full training when it comes to goods in. I am highly appreciated not just in Eastbourne but most of the stores in the south east as I travel to set new store which are opening as I am very good at visual thinking which is a very big part in day to day of working at Capital. I also do stock control which every month we have PI counts this we have to do it keeps the stock right I do enjoy my job I’ve been there many years but I need a new challenge and working for Zara is something I’ve always wanted to do.
Pros
We also get to try new products which come on to the market
Cons
Hours are good I am happy with them but the money in poor
Never happy horrid management used as a warehouse not bothered about customer service. Money oriented minimum wage, and if the till wasn’t correct u have to pay out your own money disgusting
Pros
Cons
Rude
5 February 2020
Lovely team in the head office but it felt like the directors/management didnt support staff very well and basically did the bare minimum e.g low pay, average number annual leave days, felt like they didn't want you to achieve your bonus. Also the warehouse wasn't in a very good condition e.g. run down office, staff area needed refitting, not all safety equipment appeared to be provided.
Pros
Good staff discount. Free products. Good team to work with
Cons
Pay. Low morale
I worked at Capital Hair and Beauty for just over a year at HQ, I found Capital to be excellent employers. Sadly I am leaving my role due to relocating but would otherwise have stayed on. I feel I've had the chance to really make the role my own and develop professionally. The Head Office team and the store staff I have met are dedicated and hardworking and it's a great environment to work in. Management have been fantastic to work alongside and have listened to my suggestions and thoughts and put them into practice, so I've really felt listened to in my time here. I would definitely recommend Capital as a good place to work!
Pros
Great Team, good culture, variety in role and management.
Cons
Location of HQ isn't very central.