Card Factory

Card Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,693 reviews matching the search
Friendly staff all ways work with a smile. Some days can be boring with nothing to do. Most customers are lovely but you have to look out for the rude ones. Stock takes are slow and done out off hours sometimes not finishing till 10 at night.
Good place to work for and managers are a laugh worked there for Xmas then got text from manager asking if I wanted to Go back permanently and customers are good to talk to
Pros
Good location
Cons
the pay isn't worth what you do on the job. very unserious and unorganised. sometimes their is nothing to do so your just standing in the shop doing nothing.
Sheer exploitation! Will employ as few people as possible then over work them until they breakdown. God help you if you speak out! No ethics no value for their people just use them up and discard them
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Everything else
I was only there under a seasonal contract but I really enjoyed my time there. I was trained well by the permanent staff and I was able to ask for any help with what ever I needed help with. The manger that I was under was very understanding of my family situation and it was just a nice place to be in.
Pros
Nice staff and good communication
Cons
No extension of contract
Great management, good amount of hours offered and always a chance of overtime, good HR support & lovely staff members to work alongside. I found the applying and interview process quite easy.
Pros
Good hours, lovely staff members, great managers.
Cons
Worked at card factory for over 10 years loved my store and my staff they made it a great place to be but over the years the management have got worse expectations too much with no support constant changes changing deadlines not worth the stress for the little your paid the wages are terrible not a nice place to work
Pros
Staff
Cons
management
The staff are the best part of working for card factory, they can make it worth working there if you get along with them but the work load and the area manager who is overly controlling even with a store doing well mixed with poor salary and poor high level planning make basic tasks difficult
Pros
Staff
Cons
Higher management
I am in my third year at card factory and I’ve always loved working there, I started out as a Christmas temp and became key holder in less than a year. The pay is minimum wage however you get paid more when you run the shop as you are manager for the day. The team feels more like a family and you can have fun with your work colleagues and help each other without feeling like you’re constantly in the wrong.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours can be long
Staff all friendly and helpful. Management friendly and approachable. Extended contract but due to new lock down rules shop had to close. Good flexibility on hours worked.
Pros
Discount and good enviroment to work
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Card Factory?
When I was at card factory there was rarely a day I left the shop happy and positive. When I had my interview I thought oh wow this looks perfect and everyone is so nice, I quickly learned that wasn’t the case. The managers and key holders will put any new workers or temps on the jobs they don’t want to do, for example tills or restocking the shop. Half the time it was a mission to find my manager as they were down in the office sitting on their phone. If you have an issue don’t even waste your time going to management because they don’t care, they’ll use it as gossip for the cliques the managers like to create. The Rotas are meant to be done 4 weeks at a time but instead you’ll be sent out a rota on Sunday night and I can promise it’ll be changed 3 times without anyone telling you. The amount of times I went in for an early shift I wasn’t meant to be In for was ridiculous. A few times I was told to start before the shop opened to move the stock around and I was left standing outside because they changed it. Also if a customer is being rude to you don’t expect much help from managers, you’ll be told to suck it up and get used to it. I would stay so so far away from this place especially if your young or have kids because I hardly got to see mine due to early mornings and late nights!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, low pay, bad management, overworked, no family time due to hours, hard to book time off
My impression of Card Factory before working for them was that they appeared to be a cut price discount type of organisation and my impression hasn’t changed since I worked for them. That is what they are: cut price in standards, staff and attitude, although, to be fair, the stock they sell is actually really good value. Their expectations of what you can achieve with low staff hours and inadequate equipment zaps any moral or enthusiasm you might have had when you first started with them. Unrealistic is an understatement.
Pros
Free tea and coffee, but no time to actually make, or drink the tea and coffee
Cons
Too many to list unfortunately
worked as a temp for Christmas and I was worked like a line worker, management had no trust and constantly watched me work . No work culture at all here because it’s all clicky with the staff who don’t want to get to knowing you
Cons
It was a very nice place to work. It was a bit confusing as I didn’t know all the managers and senior staff so I wasn’t aware of who to ask for help or what my job was that day. I also wasn’t informed about the different websites and how to find out my schedule and things like that. It was a fun place to work and I made a couple of friends. The tills were easy to work and there was always someone to ask if I was unsure.
Pros
Nice management, easy to understand, 15% discount
Cons
Tiring, on feet all day
I worked at the card factory in Gateshead temporarily for three weeks. I loved it, everyone got on the management were great down to earth and easy to approach for help if needed. I do miss working they but due to covid I had to have my contract terminate.
Pros
Great atmosphere đź‘Ś
I was a Christmas temp at Card Factory, but only worked there for about over 4 weeks as lockdown happened twice, whilst I was working there. Card factory was probably one of the best jobs I ever had, I really enjoyed my time there. I worked on tills, replenishing stock and blew up helium balloons. The people who i worked with were so nice and friendly and really easy to get along with! So gutted I couldn’t work there till the end date (finished early due to lockdown) hopefully next Christmas I can come back!
Pros
Easy work, friendly people, just a good atmosphere in general
Cons
Half an hour lunch break, even though you worked over 7 hours but oh well!
The only job I have had and wasn’t there for long but one of the most best places for me to work and all the staff that worked there were really nice and friendly from the minute I walked in.
Pros
Great staff
working here was ok, i was seasonal temp at christmas was just stood behind a till for all of my shifts got busy but wasn’t too stressfulok for first time workers
Pros
short shifts
Cons
pay
The job itself is simple and got on fantastic with all staff, but was asked frequently to come in on my days off and made to feel I'd let the team down if I didn't say yes every time.
Pros
Easy job and fast friends
Cons
Constantly asked to cover shifts
Good place work, learn new skills that are transferable to any job, good working environment, friendly staff. Good people to work with always there to listen.
Pros
New skills learnt
Cons
Really busy work environment
Very rude to work with especially stowmarket, will ignore you on shift and just wouldn’t talk, not much communication. i hated it did not get treated fairly
Pros
nothing
Cons
rudeness
  1. Employee reviews