Care 4 Children logo
Care 4 Children

Care 4 Children Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Supportive company to work for....

Care 4 Children have encouraged me to work towards becoming a Deputy Manager by supporting me and providing me with all the development tools I need. I feel like this is achievable now in my previous company they always seems to bring in new people for the more senior roles.The staff team I work with a really good and so are the kids. No day is the same and some days are tough but seeing the kids happy and the lives starting to change makes it all worth while.

Pros

training, development, safeguarding of the children, good shift pattern

Values driven company

A fantastic place to work with an incredibly diverse and inclusive culture that celebrates success and one which is ambitious for its children and young people in its care. Care 4 Children boasts an extremely friendly, safe and nurturing environment with great opportunities for children and young people to receive the best quality of care. Staff are able to develop their skills and knowledge within the children’s sector with career pathways, leadership development programmes and clear succession routes to grow internal talent. Looking forward to a long career at Care 4 Children to embed the values and achieve the overall vision of the company.

Pros

Values drive culture

Welcoming and Many Opportunities

Since starting with Care 4 Children something which genuinely resounds around the organisation is an invested interest in the well being of it’s employees. Since joining I have been made to feel very welcome, every single day, by everyone I’ve met there. I can see that this is what makes for the friendly atmosphere and real sense of community that is present at Care 4 Children. The challenges are wide and varied and it’s a particularly exciting place to work, in which there are lots of opportunities for improving your own skills and experience.

Pros

Support and approachability

Professional and child focused company

I have been very fortunate to join the senior management team at Care 4 Children following a robust interview process.This process not only demonstrated my attributes and skills but gave me confidence in the organisational values and mission statement which mirrors my own ethos.Having over 20 years experience in the childcare sector supports me in my new journey and I am very excited to be part of the Care 4 Children team.

Pros

Induction support and company benefits.

Committed and focussed

Been in post for nearly 6 months after working for other similar providers. Service as a whole committed to doing best work possible with the young people we look after. Strong focus on therapeutic input.

Supportive and rewarding workplace

I started working for Care 4 Children a few months ago and I only have positive things to say about them. All of the staff at Head Office are welcoming, encouraging, and very friendly. There is no shortage of training, peer to peer support, and supervision. There is a lot of opportunities for progression within the company which is something I was looking for. I would highly recommend C4C as an employer.

Pros

Flexibility, training, leadership

Excellent from the start

I was a little apprehensive when I applied for a job with care 4 children, as I already worked for a highly reputable company. This soon changed when I spoke to the lady from C4C recruitment.The conversation I had with this lady was very positive in terms of what qualities they were looking for in a registered manager. The interview process was quite intense but this is to be expected for a registered manager as they are the heart and sole of a children’s home.. The high standards are set right from the interview stage and quite rightly so as this company wants the best. If you want a job here, yes you need to know what the company wants and you are willing to give it your all. If you expect it to be handed on a plate to you then think again! The salary and bonuses are great on all levels but it’s hard work with lots of job satisfaction at the end of it. Those who want to sit around and are not dedicated need not apply. The company invest in their staff who are there for the right reasons... “ The Children”. They will progress you through the ranks and enhance your career to reach your best potential, whilst providing you the training and resources to deliver the best possible care for the young people. The company will take care of you! if your Care4children is second to none!

I have been at Care 4 Children now for just over a year and feel like part of a big family. The office environment is usually buzzing and the staff are all very friendly and make you feel welcome. Management are all very helpful and will listen to your needs and requests. There are fortnightly supervisions which gives you a platform to be able to get anything of your chest if needed and also a great opportunity to make any requests for progression. I have seen a lot of progression within the staff team whilst I have been here in a year so there is no reason to not be progressed if you are willing to put in the work!

Pros

great team

Cons

no overtime - salaries for office staff

Outcomes and values

I have found a role which is truely rewarding, support our young peoplw in care and giving them the tools to progress in life. The company provide learning, support and represent good values. Its hard work but worth it, my team are brilliant and the manager is very supportive. I love seeing the young people learning at school and enjoying the activities. The homes are fabulous, oustanding.

Pros

stability, progression and rewarding

11 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased you are enjoying your employment with Care 4 Children and that the children in your home, are happy and developing new skills and activities.Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.

Supportive company to work for....

Pros

training, development, safeguarding of the children, good shift pattern

Jobs at Care 4 Children

See more jobs

Second to none

Couldn’t speak more highly of Care 4 Children, always felt supported, strong staff team and management, progression levels are extremely high always look to progress their own staff. Considering the type of job this is the it is expected to have some difficulties however always felt cared for as a staff member with debriefs after incidents and managers always a phone call away. Started with very little experience but feel as though this organisation has taught me a lot and helped mould me in to the professional I am today. Would definitely recommend Care 4 Children to anyone who is considering working in the social care sector. Some fabulous progression stories I have witnessed during my time at the organisation both with children and staff.

Pros

Progression, shift pattern, friendly and supportive management

Cons

Shifts can often be long hours

Great job - terrible company !

A truly awful company to work for. The company doesn't really know what they are doing and it seems like from a director level, the company isn't actually aware what is happening in there care homes. Very money driven. Not staff focused at all despite assurances of how staff are important. Hours are not what is advertised at point of interview and therefore pay is significantly less also.Just. Dont. Do. It. Work for a different company! Only plus is my manager was very competent and passionate, however was tied to the restraints of the company.

Pros

Great home manager

Cons

Feels as though the company changes direction daily, High staff turnover, Non supportive head office staff, Lies throughout interview regarding pay and hours

Avoid Avoid Avoid

When the higher management send an email out to rate the company to all staff you know it’s no good. Management corrupt, incompetent and lousy. Staff work their hardest and are never taken care of. Understaffed with vulnerable kids, safeguarding is a major concern with this company. Management gossip and target staff, they never listen to new ideas, some don’t even know the regulations and have got their position through family ties. Left the company on a good note as well. Do not work here!

Pros

1:1 with the kids, activities

Cons

Burn out due to rotas. Staff not taken care of enough. Management inability.

13 November 2020
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you feel your experience of working for Care 4 Children was not a positive one. Rotas are in place for all employees. If an employee is unhappy with their shifts / number of working hours, I would encourage them to speak directly to their manager or a member of the HR team.Gossiping between staff and managers does not align with our company values and if this is something you feel is happening, I would ask that you contact the HR department so this can be addressed.Being the safe choice for children, is one of our company values and children in our care should feel safe and cared for at all times. If you do feel that this was not happening in the home you worked in, again please contact the HR department so this can be discussed with you.You can contact the HR department on 0161 483 1505.We listen to and care about our employees. Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.

Care in name & in nature

Such a genuine company from there mission to the employees! From initial contact to my first day the staff are down to earth and have amazing communication. Very clear communication and support. Genuine interest in you as a person and your future within company and back it up with different benefits to progress and develop you career!

Pros

Career development and pathways

Cons

Strong and well managed team.

The staff team are dedicated, supportive and well managed. The young people express their happiness at being placed here. As a team member, your thoughts and opinions are respected and this enables you to feel comfortable and confident in your role. The home is nice and clean and staff sleeps are the best I have seen whilst working in Residential homes. Everyone works together well and this reflects in the children's behaviour and emotions.

Pros

Brilliant team, happy and comfortable young people

11 November 2020
Thank you for your review. I am pleased and happy to hear your are enjoying your employment with Care 4 Children and that the young people you are working with are happy to. Our employees and children being happy is extremely important to us, so its good to hear we are getting this right.Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.

Inconsistent!

DO NOT WORK HERE! Tell you hours are guaranteed but then you end up working only 23 hours and instead of this supposed “37.5” and they always tell you they’ll make it up next week but they don’t. Putting children together who’s needs clash making the home difficult to work in as the children are always at each other. MASSIVE gossip culture, staff will talk about you behind your back to other staff and to the kids. you cannot relax for one minute!

11 November 2020
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you feel your experience of working for Care 4 Children was not a positive one. Rotas are in place for all employees. If employee is unhappy with their shifts / number of working hours, I would encourage them to speak directly to their manager or a member of the HR team so this can be addressed.If you feel that there is a 'gossip culture' again please speak directly with your manager or HR, so we this can be addressed. This type of culture does not align with our company values. We listen to and care about our employees. Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our HR department on 0161 483 1505.

Family feel

Great company, fantastic potential to further your career if you are dedicated, committed and passionate about enhancing the lives of young people who have suffered trauma. You need to be committed to the role, reliable and willing to undertake specialist training.

Committed and dedicated

I have worked for care 4 children for 3 years. The role requires dedication, commitment, flexibility and resilience. The company is committed to achieving the best outcomes for the young people they support. Training is excellent and staff are provided the skills and strategies to equip them to carry out their roles. Watching the young people grow and achieve is extremely rewarding. The role can be difficult at times hence needing a high level of resilience. I find the higher management supportive and dedicated.

Pros

Dedicated company

Awful company stay away!

I worked for this company for 2 years and can honestly say its the worst care company I have ever been employed by. Teams are over worked and exausted because the company are taking in children with inadequate staff ratio's and expecting teams to cope. Some homes dont even have beds for staff, sleep on the couch they say. Poor management right through, the kids are cash cows!

Great employer, great people.

I recently attended for interview with Care 4 Children and found the whole process from start to finish extremely exciting and very informative. Their communication was excellent and I was kept informed throughout my application, with very good quality marketing informaiton that enabled me to find out more about the organisation, their values and the interview process. Upon starting my position with the company, I found everyone to be very helpful, very friendly and the induction programme really put me at ease - their culture is second to none. It is great to be part of the Care 4 Children team, and I would strongly recommend Care 4 Children as an excellent employer.

Pros

Free parking, Great Training, Free Gym, Competitive Salary

First Manager was lovely but she left in April 2019

Was really nice home to work for at the beginning, the manager was lovely and listened to staff and really cared about the children - she left April 2019. Then the deputy took over and basically the home fell apart - no support, became very stressful and not valued at all.

11 November 2020
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you feel you were not supported by management during your employment with us. We listen to and care about our employees. Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our HR department on 0161 483 1505.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care 4 Children. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement