Care 4 Children logo

Care 4 Children Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Great environment

The company has been great to work for and I get real job satisfaction in making a difference to the children’s lives. However the hours can be long but the staff team are great to work with and it feels like a family.

Pros

Good rates of pay and progression

Cons

Occasionally long hours

Official response from Care 4 Children

11 November 2020
Thank you for your review. I am extremely happy you are enjoying your employment with Care 4 Children and you feel valued as an employee. If you would like to discuss your working hours / shifts please contact your manager or a member of the HR team on 0161 483 1505.Feedback is very valuable from current and ex-employees to ensure working for Care 4 Children is a positive experience.

Professional and child focused company

I have been very fortunate to join the senior management team at Care 4 Children following a robust interview process.This process not only demonstrated my attributes and skills but gave me confidence in the organisational values and mission statement which mirrors my own ethos.Having over 20 years experience in the childcare sector supports me in my new journey and I am very excited to be part of the Care 4 Children team.

Pros

Induction support and company benefits.

Excellent from the start

I was a little apprehensive when I applied for a job with care 4 children, as I already worked for a highly reputable company. This soon changed when I spoke to the lady from C4C recruitment.The conversation I had with this lady was very positive in terms of what qualities they were looking for in a registered manager. The interview process was quite intense but this is to be expected for a registered manager as they are the heart and sole of a children’s home.. The high standards are set right from the interview stage and quite rightly so as this company wants the best. If you want a job here, yes you need to know what the company wants and you are willing to give it your all. If you expect it to be handed on a plate to you then think again! The salary and bonuses are great on all levels but it’s hard work with lots of job satisfaction at the end of it. Those who want to sit around and are not dedicated need not apply. The company invest in their staff who are there for the right reasons... “ The Children”. They will progress you through the ranks and enhance your career to reach your best potential, whilst providing you the training and resources to deliver the best possible care for the young people. The company will take care of you! if your Care4children is second to none!

Care in name & in nature

Such a genuine company from there mission to the employees! From initial contact to my first day the staff are down to earth and have amazing communication. Very clear communication and support. Genuine interest in you as a person and your future within company and back it up with different benefits to progress and develop you career!

Pros

Career development and pathways

Cons

Great employer, great people.

I recently attended for interview with Care 4 Children and found the whole process from start to finish extremely exciting and very informative. Their communication was excellent and I was kept informed throughout my application, with very good quality marketing informaiton that enabled me to find out more about the organisation, their values and the interview process. Upon starting my position with the company, I found everyone to be very helpful, very friendly and the induction programme really put me at ease - their culture is second to none. It is great to be part of the Care 4 Children team, and I would strongly recommend Care 4 Children as an excellent employer.

Pros

Free parking, Great Training, Free Gym, Competitive Salary

Good place to work. Flexible hours. Good pay

Worked here for 2 years but done the job 10 years. I came here from another company and the difference is that they are more for the kids here. They seem to be the best around salarywise. Overtime is there if you need it as well I've had 3 pay rises since I've been here

Pros

Free meals. Good pay. Good progression as well

Great company

I have been with this company for under 2 years. My team is fab!!! Don’t get me wrong we have had teething problems and as people has to gel together but we are now so supportive of each other and can discuss our gripes together. Management is fab and very supportive. Regular supervisions and contactable at all times!!! Higher management are very child focused and want positive outcomes for children. I’ve read other negative posts but these have obviously not raised this properly and gone to higher management of that concerned. I know if this was raise correctly, higher management would have been all over it!!! As a team, the work you do with kids/for the kids is what YOU put in. Our team is fab and we do the best we can to support!

Pros

Team work, management support, company ethos

Cons

You can cover too many job roles time limited but this is through choice or skill set

Still here after almost four years

I have worked for Care4children for almost four years and strongly believe that they always put the children's best interests first. Salaries are good, progression through the company is encouraged and supported. Training is ongoing, relevant and well presented. The therapeutic programmes are second to none anywhere in the country and placements are highly sought. Yes, the shifts are long and can be challenging but generally most people know this when they apply so it shouldn't be an issue. Extra shifts are sometimes required to help cover leave and sickness but they are optional. The staff at all levels are friendly and helpful and treat you with respect. If you wish to make a difference to the lives of young people and have a well supported career path, I would highly recommend working with this company.

Pros

Decent salary, rewarding job.

Care 4 Children blackpool north shore

I work for this company since they took over the company I worked for and it's all about the money not the young people or staff. The management above are so bad that they don't care. Only when it about them. As long as the company get the company to be worth 50 million then they will sell care 4 children. Short on staff and they put young people together when they shouldn't. Sorry but bad company. Blamed everyone like staff but not them self for the thing what managers and management decisions on the home. no support no leadership money orientated company, who thrive on young peoples challenging behaviours.. appalling human recourses who have little or no interest in its employees Pros salary above average Cons no struture, poor managers at every level. no guidance, no support. Wish I could say different.

Bad

Cons

Wages not paid right

No better company in this sector

I have been with this company for 2 years and have seen it grow in this period. Admittedly there were difficulties immediately after the takeover of the previous company 'Trax' and staff turnover usually peaks when change occurs. The work can be challenging and rewarding in equal measure as is the nature of working with children, however Care4Children have an excellent management team in place, loads of support from head office including directors, heads of service, HR, Finance and helpful office staff, an excellent pay structure, health schemes and benefits. New staff are well inducted and well supported through their probation period, progression to senior roles and management are achievable and the company has an Management Development Programme for staff looking to move in home management in the future. I have worked in this sector for over 10 years and for different companies (some of which are advertised on here) and can honestly say Care4Children offer the best all round package for employees at all levels.

Pros

Excellent support, new staff well inducted, training of a high standard

Jobs at Care 4 Children