CARE fertility
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Working at CARE fertility: Latest CARE fertility Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews

Pressure

Fast paced and high pressure, no let up and work just keeps getting piled on the staff. I won't miss the company but i will certainly miss people i worked with, i think this is the reason most people stay. It certainly is not for the way staff are treated!!!

Pros

Cons

Poor salary and excessive worload

14 February 2022
Thank you for your review and thank you for your honest feedback, we'll take this onboard.

Good Company to work for !

Working with care fertility now 6 years am still enjoying my job Role and learning new skills everyday will highly recommend working for Carefertility.

Pros

Christmas party's and staff discount on treatment, other benefits

Cons

N/a

Insights into CARE fertility

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Brilliant

A good company to work for, flexible hours for those who need them, good pay and lovely teams. Learning new skills all the time, and lots of opportunity to grow.

Pros

Flexible hours

Supportive, collaborative, inclusive

This year marks my 10 year anniversary and I could not be happier working for CARE. The local and group wide teams are absolutely wonderful. So welcoming and always happy to help; I quickly established a network of colleagues I could call upon. I have received lots of encouragement to progress and have received the training required to achieve this. CARE have enrolled me on the Level 5 Leadership apprenticeship and provide me with the study time needed to succeed at this as well as my work responsibilities. The pace is fast and ever changing, but its incredibly rewarding. The working environment is very nice and CARE are a really family orientated company. I have been invited to work hours that fit around my home commitments with childcare. Its a give and take culture that really suits a working mum who wants it all.

If you are keen to progress here you will

I started working as a Receptionist at CARE Manchester in 2013. Under the most amazing Clinic Director I was encouraged to achieve my goals, trained to have the best knowledge I possibly can, in all areas, in all departments. As a brand new Receptionist I had an amazing induction, I got to attend procedures in the theatre and lab and this really showed me CARE wanted me to have a complete understanding for what I discuss with patients day to day, so I could provide the best service to our patients. I progressed on to become a Patient Liaison Manager for the Manchester team and I am now currently the Clinic Director of our CARE Liverpool clinic. CARE will give you back what you put in and if you are willing to work hard then the sky's the limit! The job satisfaction is immense and to know we help complete families or even be a supportive figure to someone when treatment doesn't work for them is so important to me. I have the most incredible, intelligent and caring colleagues I could wish to work with and I am so proud to say I am a Clinic Director for the largest IVF group in the UK.

The best employer of scientists

CARE Fertility provides an excellent workplace for scientists. They provide development opportunities and offer the best treatments to their patients. The scientific team are highly regarded and valued.

Stressful job very under valued Poor support from HR

Absolutely horrible company to work for.Under value extremely highly qualified Drs and nurses. HR lie and totally unsupportive to their staff very unexperienced HR. Expect to much from staff Very few stressful and unprofessional

Pros

Nil

14 February 2022
It’s disappointing to read your comments as this is not something that we want any of our employees to ever experience or feel. CARE Fertility pride themselves on being a great place to work and it’s disappointing to read that your experiences did not match our values. Thank you for your honest feedback, we'll take your comments on-board.

Management and HR are unprofessional

Management do not like to be asked questions and nothing is up for discussion. If you do you will be ostracised and coming into work will be made unpleasant. In the months working there lots of staff left or were leaving due to the pettiness and unprofessional nature. You cannot go to HR with any queries as there is no confidentiality between themselves and management, so if you have any issues your on your own you must put up and shut up!

Pros

Good location

Cons

Poor management and leadership

14 February 2022

Sunday evenings aren't painful anymore

I’ve not been here very long, but in the short time I’ve been here I’ve only encountered helpful, supportive colleagues. Working remotely can be a challenge, but I’ve never been short of somebody who cares about my wellbeing and happiness in my role, who has reached out to ask how I am. This has ranged from the CEO, to somebody in a clinic I may never meet in person. There is a great culture here of people who do fantastic things every day, they truly help people to make their dreams come true – and they love to do it. It’s something that rubs off on you and inspires you each day.The company has grown a lot over the last few years and as such has had to make some changes to accommodate that growth, such as new systems and methods. These changes may not have suited everybody, but for me they show a company with ambition; one that wants to improve everybody’s working day, while still being the same wonderful place to work.I appreciate that not everyone will have the same experiences as I have, but I can’t imagine they’d be much different.

Pros

A fantastic culture

Cons

Some systems could be improved

26 February 2021
Thank you for your review, we’re glad to hear that you’ve had a great experience working for CARE Fertility. We pride themselves on being a great place to work and it’s great to read that your experiences match our values.

Awful awful directors

Worked in management and should have realised the previous managers had not stayed either and for good reason. The Directors were incredibly back-biting and unprofessional even towards consultants. It was a total shambles. The regular staff kept up the facade admirably for the customers, to their enormous credit. Worse job I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Pros

Nice regular nursing and administrative staff

Cons

Horrendous upper management

26 February 2021

Patients lovely - Clinic isn't (Too much bullying)

I came into this company with excitement, aspirations, hopes, ideas and what I thought would be a lifetime career change. Unfortunately this was not the case. The blame culture is very unpleasant and unprofessional particularly when patients raise concerns. This is particular evident within upper management bullying which in turn leaves a vast amount of staff turnover. This continues and appears all staff members are unhappy. It is a very toxic environment and high pressured environment to work and be happy in.Whilst this is a private clinic, the huge focus on money and the companies turnover outweighed patient’s feelings. The way the company prepared for Covid was not handled appropriately compared to other companies. The views of staff are dismissed and not valued. Induction period was good and was never made to feel to do any aspect of care if didn't feel competent however this was frowned upon by some members of staff. Some staff seemed very reluctant in sharing knowledge with you.Current staff very "clicky" and divide into groups. There are teams in this environment but not the teams you would expect. CARE Northampton should be one big team aiming for the same goal.The upper management need to be overhauled. I have never worked in an environment where you trust no one before,It's very sad.The sick pay, maternity and holiday are not substantial compared with over companies - please make sure you find this out prior to signing any contract. The pension is atrocious and definitely not worth leaving any NHS pension for. There won't be any bonus as promised at -

Pros

Patients, Clinic Hours including Sat working

Cons

Bullying, Negativity, Bad Culture, Breaks, Parking, Attitudes

Lack of personal touch

Fast turnover of patients, and no time to give the support most needed. Some staff not pleasant to work with. Induction was brilliant and did not feel rushed to gain comments competencies.

Pros

Clean work, not back breaking.

Cons

Clicky staff

4 May 2021

Friendly and Supportive Team

I became part of the team 6 months ago. Since joining, I have gained a wealth of knowledge and skills. I received a comprehensive induction which enabled me to settle into my new role successfully. Team members have also been fantastic – everyone is friendly and always willing to help!

Care about their staff

Have worked for CARE for two and a half years and have enjoyed every moment. It's a fast-paced place to work but very rewarding. Everyone really cares about what they do.

Pros

The people

Management is awful

Awful company to work for. Only care about getting patients through the door and getting paid! Don’t care about the staff, don’t even care about the consultants being overworked and tired! Manager is condescending and has no compassion for staff! Most of their staff aren’t happy and that’s in more or less every department in every care clinic around England!

Pros

The other nurses and HCA’s are lovely but it can be clicky

Cons

Rubbish pay, rubbish hours, not appreciated, rubbish support from management, no compassion, not flexible

Blame culture

From the very start I was never impressed with how upper management handled certain situations, it was blame culture at its finest. Staff morale is very low, it’s obvious most people don’t want to be there. In the interview they mention you get a bonus at the end of the year, I can assure you this is not the case! I was so excited about this role but unfortunately CARE did not meet my expectations and I did give it a good chance. It is such a shame though as it has the potential to be something really great !

Pros

Cons

All of above

Avoid

No progression. No incentives. Bullying that gets brushed under the carpet. Don’t value their staff hence high staff turnover. Don’t take on board the views of the staff and there is no flexibility. No parking for staff which can be very stressful and expensive. They need to create a nicer working atmosphere, a bit of fun and some incentives for the staff and they might just find they are able to retain them a little bit better.

26 February 2021

Horrible ethos & negative culture.

Horrible ethos and blame culture, bullying, nastiness and division amongst teams seems to be encouraged. I've never worked anywhere that has so many unhappy members of staff. With the level of staff turnover I'm unsure why the issues here aren't addressed. Needs complete management overhaul and a positive ethos introduced with zero tolerance of the bullying culture that's been allowed to develop.

Stay clear

No care, no compassion, management not bothered about staff unless face fits. Promise lots at interview to get you in then deliver nothing worse company worked for

Pros

Cons

Lots

Should be 0 stars worst company ever Face fits culture

They lie to get you in, everyone is unhappy & moan constantly- it is a pressured environment,the company has a high turnover of staff especially in the admin department. Management do not have a clue they're all friends and take criticism personally rather than improve, management also bully staff; training is shocking and your full responsibility should you make a mistake. Managers favour individuals whilst blatantly discriminating and excluding those whose faces don't fit; ZERO diversity/culture. There's no proper processes/procedures in place it's all guesswork everything is so outdated and behind the times & no one is accepting of change. Consultants are always late & when patients complain the front line are left to deal with it. The job roles are not as advertised and you will be made to do more than your duties.

Pros

Free Wifi

Cons

Long days/hours, short breaks, management, training, atmosphere, culture, parking.

Hard work

No work life balance and too much pressure. Expectations are too high with no infrastructure in place to be able to do the job. Fun department but no appreciation of staff

Pros

Nice work mates

Cons

Too much pressure

26 February 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARE fertility. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement