Care Inspectorate

Care Inspectorate Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

Used to be a good employer, less so now

A fragmented organisation now. Too many senior managers with their own agendas. Peer support is a key asset. Hard but rewarding work. Career progression is possible but often only if your face fits.

Pros

Colleagues support is great, flexible working useful, but hard to get hours back when you work additional hours

Cons

Senior management are detached from frontline staff, appear not to understand what operational staff actually do, Also management very reactive rather than proactive.

Stressful and disorganised

Management are not trained properly and regularly speak down to employees. Not a professional environment in the IT department. Nurses are doing IT jobs and have no idea what they are doing. Unrealistic targets. Wasting money on initiatives without involving key stakeholders. Communication is awful- many of the employees cannot write a simple email properly. Managers are biased and self involved. Poorly run and an embarassment

Insights into Care Inspectorate

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great place to work and grow in your career

The Care Inspectorate is a very professional, well organised and structured regulatory body. To work here you need to care about the work that it does.

Good to work for

High expectations Good training and development Good peer support Job where you make a difference - inspecting for improvement and good outcomes for services

Poor experience

Organisation lacks structure. Left doesn’t know what the right is doing. Poor Induction process, gossiping culture. Recruitment process takes far too long and induction is poor

Enjoyable Work Place

A great work/life balance where all employees enjoy putting in the time to deliver their work as a result. It's a small organisation with a big role ensuring that care services in Scotland are appropriately regulated.

Kind and helpful staff

The staff in the Dunfermline office were welcoming and friendly. I found the job underwhelming as I have had more demanding roles. I learned about the functions of the CI across Scotland and how they assess risk and seriousness.

Excellent organisation to work for

Fantastic organisation with a positive culture and great management and support for all employees. Terms and conditions are in line with local authority positions.

Monotonous job

Monotonous job. Low salary, no real chance of evolving.

Hard work but very rewarding

Fantastic place to work which offer fair work / life balance contracts. Friendly helpful informative staff. Great HR department with many policies which suit the employee as well as the employer.

Excellent client, pleasure to work with.

We were payed to produce a video game for children ages 12-18. The game had to include an element of choice, stealth and character interaction. The project was ongoing from the start of 2013, however I was brought on later on for the funded part. A typical day at work would require designing new areas and characters, sending the sketches to 3D modellers and jumping on to texture painting. Towards the deadline we were working 12 hour days and I did everything from graphic design to illustration and modelling. Hard work paid off in the end and we were nominated for best student game at TIGA Game Industry Awards 2013.

Pros

Excellent experience and references

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Inspectorate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Care Inspectorate with

• Care Inspectorate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?