Care UK Residential Care Services

Care UK Residential Care Services Employee Reviews

Whilst I was there it was clean, inviting and enjoyable. Manager of the home did his best to support all staff to have a good work life balance. Took time to listen to everyone's needs. Regular staff meetings, training, PDP's and supervisions. Service users always seemed happy.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Horrible place to work the home it's self is a really nice place very clean and well decorated Staff are lovely to your face but they will stab u in the back. very poor communication between staff and management no team work at all .Just a number not a person under appreciated
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no proper breaks
It's a good friendly place to work. They have good working teams. The staffs are nice and hardworking, with a good strict hardworking manager and It's a clean and beautiful place with no bad smell!
Cons
Couldn’t wait to leave in the end. It started off a nice place with prior management team, but since it’s recently changed it’s all gone downhill again. The Manager has a bad attitude towards staff, more focused on the home being renovated and “looking good” than actually do his job. There’s a gossiping, negative work environment created by certain staff members and the pay is bad compared to other care companies!The RM and HR are very biased towards management so there’s no point going to them about any issues you have with management. The only thing that kept me there for so long was actually enjoying my job role, the lovely residents and relatives and some colleagues I worked with.
Pros
The work, the residents and relatives who made it worthwhile.
Cons
Very poor management team, bad pay, negative work environment.
Been a team leader here for almost two years and although I enjoy the job for the most part it is very demanding for such low pay. The team leaders and nurses essentially do the same job but the pay gap is massive. The pay makes it difficult to see myself staying until retirement as I know my skills can translate into a higher paid role elsewhere.
Pros
Lovely residents, sense of job satisfaction
Cons
Awful pay, 12 hour shifts
Alright place of work, wages could be better. Finally a decent manager. Not a job for the fainthearted. Need to be able to work well with a different person everyday.
Pros
Free food, decent breaks
Cons
Bixchy
My current manager doesn't care about care staff, if you want to progress and you ask about the progression courses you never recieve anything back, They don't show appreciation for good work but will pull up even the slightest negative in a second, the staff turnover rate is through the roof and nothing is being done about anything any of the staff request plus we are constantly understaffed with the common excuses of if one person can do it everyone can do it which is untrue.
Pros
Payment is on time
Cons
High staff turnover, Poor management, Understaffing, unrealistic expectations, little to no teamwork
I worked for this company for 10 years in there Chester service the staff are friendly and always willing to help they do a lot of in house training as they are people oriented residents are lovely and the team work is amazing and management are supportive with there staff which makes it a happy environment for staff and residents loved every minute there
Pros
Lovely residents and staff
Cons
Long hour
I was at care Uk only 4 month it’s very clicky there’s a devide between night and day staff and an atmosphere You could cut with a knife.The manager stayed in her office the whole time I thought care Uk was such a good company before I started and soon found out what a different story And the care well I wouldn’t put my dog in there Let alone any of my family.
Worked many years for this company I loved every working day I left to work in community Management an co/workers are brilliant Recommend care uk to anyone applying
Pros
Manager and co/workers fabulous
Cons
Worth more than the national wage
Bullying managers, underhanded back stabbers thats just management. Horrific place. The worst place i have ever worked all two faced and no training given properly then warnings when not doing right. Management lazy and bone idle
Cons
One of the best work places ever.The best Home Manager and Regional Director And the entire Care Uk Team are brilliant.The CEO is not an invisible one.He is hands on and interacts with all employees at all levels.Genuinely acknowledges the presence of everyone and encourages the spirit of team work.
Pros
Progression
Cons
In my time it was the best place ever no complaints
It was great at beginning then as the years when on it felt like groundhog day, no communication with the manager, you got text message after message each day instead of a staff meeting. Staffs was brilliant with service users.
Pros
Service users was great shame about the staff
Cons
No communication
Very unprofessional place to work in, felt very intimidated with not feeling welcomed when I first started. Had people talking behind my back, and didn’t help with situations just left me by myself. Had a cough and called in sick and told me to still come in bare in mind we were in a pandemic. Disappointed in managers in there organisation with Rotas, were aware I had children and had childcare issues to cover said to come in still last minute. Didn’t treat residents fairly in their best interests have had a few complain to me about management and not having carers spend enough time with them to help with their needs.
Pros
Free lunches, working with the elderly
Cons
residents, care management, rotas
Management is awful they don't care about the residents I just here for fun as it has been seen while working for the company it's all about staff not the residence people just seem to be here for the paycheck and when we try and give feedback it goes nowhere. Hours that you don't want to do kitchen assistant have to be chef for the same wage second chefs have to be head chef without any help or knowledge of what they're doing. I could go on.
Pros
Not really
Cons
Pay, jobroll, staff
I love my job it’s its soo rewarding just making one person smile a day makes my whole year ,My care home and team members and my residents are like my second home and my extended family ,I just love making people feel special as they should and making people happy and comfortable and at ease and to feel as if they can come to me with any giving situation and I will assist and helpin anyway possible , I come home after work feeling proud to be apart of such a great team and to have amazing residents x
Pros
Help Making residents life’s fulfilled
Cons
Not enough staff and wages are diabolical for what you do
Where do I start I have worked for care uk for 5 years .This last year I have realised there is no understanding from management when you are ill, you are just a number. They have no respect for staff their family’s or residents it’s all about money during a pandemic I want to say the staff at Silversprings’s are amazing they work there butts off and always give 110 percent in everything they do but it’s just never enough for management they always want more and it’s never good enough. There is never any recognition for what you do or how hard you work this place would be amazing without the bad management. Also if your face fits your ok if it doesn’t you’ve had it.Don’t bother to complain or take out greiviences as they get brushed under the carpet and ignored in a very clever way ,if you want to be worked into the ground then this is your place to go leaving shifts exhausted. Care uk is so focused on paperwork than care good job staff put it into the right order and do what residents deserve. There is so much more I could write but will refrain myself
Pros
Not many
Cons
Detrimental to your health and well being, management incompetent and aggressive to staff especially BAME staff members. The CEO do nothing to change the environment so its business at usual.
Pros
wages
Cons
oppresive
Started as a dream job turned into a nightmare. Management don’t care about u or the residents. Brand new home and already most of the team resigned due to management issues.Never experienced behaviour like that. Don’t waste ur time with Care Uk
Cons
If your face fits or you personally know management you'll do just fine. If not then you'll be prayed upon. Work life balance is good that as well as it being rewarding for looking after the residents are the only perks
I am still working there the only problem I have with working there the 12 hour shifts I think they need to cut them in half doing those hours are very tiring apart from that nice company to work for.