Care UK Residential Care Services

Care UK Residential Care Services Employee Reviews in London

London57 reviews

careukresidentlovelyrotausercarenvqstaff

Enjoyed my time here

Very nice place to work. No day is the same. Good relationships formed with fellow colleagues and management. Patients were a delight and family were great! I really enjoyed my time here. I learnt many skills and loved it. However I wanted to progress my career in a cooperate company.

Pros

Free meals and building relationships

Cons

Salary just about meets minimum wage

Rats infested care home

Your hard work is not appreciated, the chef will interfere with your work and teach you how to use a screwdriver very patronising. The management are cut throat, the staff spread rumours about each other. Rats the size of a cat have burrowed in the building.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Everything is wrong in that building, they have some weird ghost that opens and closes doors. Spooky

Insights into Care UK Residential Care Services

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Care Uk is a an organisation with a great reputation for care.

As part of Lifestyle activities team I spend valuable time with residents, ensuring that they have an enjoyable day, which is fantastic, as it can be daunting for the residents being away from their main home life. Management has been supportive.

Pros

Good Training Program

Cons

Very slowly progress in career in general speaking, exclusively depending on management

Very good company to work, they look after their staff.

I've started my carer as bank staff and due to my hardwork I've been offered as deputy Manager . I've enjoyed my career in care UK, it's the best company I have ever worked. I left because I have been head hunted but I keep coming back to Care UK. I would say different branches have different difficulties, most of the managers are good, they listen to you and can be professionals. Regional Directors are nice and supportive, too. Support is there during induction period and I do give huge amount of support to my colleagues, too. 💜💜💜

Pros

Good support, pro staff, good working relationship with staff, we are like family.

Cons

Manager can be bias... will support who he likes to.

Run by a cabal, stay away

Really bad experience working here. Always expected to turn up for work even when you are sick and unfit. No tools provided for working, have to use yours.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Poor pay

stress and racist

They treat people differently in regards to others cultures and backgrounds. The manager doesn't know how to talk to staff, she was over working her own people by making them work 24 hour, and for others making you work the job of 2 people and two people are doing.

Good company

Great organisation over all. Good support for managers and excellent training. Networking encouraged and high quality university underwritten and certificated training.

Okay

The company is good but the management is really bad and they don't given equal opportunity to someone of the staff and the company offer alot of opportunity to they staff however, it will depend on the manager

23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. It's concerning reading a reference which does not reflect our values here at Care UK. We are committed to ensuring that all of our colleagues are the right people, motivated to provide the best care to residents. To achieve this our recruitment processes are fair and robust and do include at least two stages of the selection process to ensure the best people are selected to work across our homes.We wish you well for the future,Care UK Careers

Ok

I have not worked at the company very long. I find it mentally and emotionly very hard I do enjoy my role in this company but feel I would like to try something else

23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. It’s important to us that all colleagues are listened to which is why we have a Colleague Voices forum. This forum has been running for 10 years now and provides the senior management team with the opportunity to get feedback and new ideas from all our colleagues. Make sure you take the opportunity to talk to the rep from your home who can bring the ideas along to the next meeting.We would encourage you to speak to your Home Manager about how you are feeling if you have already done this or this has been unsuccessful, please do not hesitate to reach out to the HR department for further support.We wish you every success for your future at Care UKCare UK Careers

Would never recommend anyone to work here.

Staff are treated like robots, residents are left in bed all day when there are not enough staff. Nurse don’t support the care assistance, This company only cares about making money they are the worst company to work for. I wouldn’t leave my cat there.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

It hard work with little reward

23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.We are sorry that your view of your former workplace doesn’t reflect our values here at Care UK. We are working hard to listen to our employees so that we can continue to be the employer people of choice in the social care sector but do recognise that there are always areas for improvement.We wish you well for the futureCare UK Careers

I enjoyed my time at Care UK

Management were are supportive. My team is inclusive and hard working.we work well together as team to complete all tasks. I feel happy coming to work

30 September 2019
Thank you for your 5 star review. It's great to hear such positive feedback from a former employee. If you would like to find out about our opportunities in future, please do not hesitate to get in touch - social@careuk.com We wish you well for the future,Care UK Careers

bullying culture

working for care UK has really opened up my eyes as to how these care homes are run behind the scenes. Bad attitudes from management, they say they are approachable which is untrue- they constantly roll their eyes if approached. shortage of staff because management cant treat staff with basic respect. I worry about the residents safety as staff are always overworked but nobody considers this. I would never recommend working here ! The majority of staff members are unprofessional Things learnt would be how to figure out how to understand management whilst they are shouting at members of staff ...in front of family members. The best bit about the job is the residents and seeing them smile.

19 August 2019
It is concerning to read a reference about bullying. Care UK adopts a zero tolerance approach to bullying and harassment and it is within our best interests to resolve this for you as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss this further, please do make contact with the HR Department at the support centre and we will ensure that an investigation is carried out.May we thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, we will pass them on to the Regional Director for review. We wish you well for the future,Care UK Careers

A great place to work.

Really enjoy working for the company as manager, really supportive area team - amazing. Great working with residents and really nice to have so much help with supporting residents lifestyles.

Pros

Support network; Care orientated

Cons

Longish hours

26 July 2019
Thank you for your 5 star review. It's fantastic to hear that you enjoy working as a manager and feel supported by your team. We couldn't agree with you more, fulfilling residents lives is at the heart of what we do, and it's fantastic to see colleagues championing our values. We wish you every success for the future,Care UK Careers

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Corporate led. Excellent training. Advancement opportunities. Job security. Good Perks. Overall a good opportunity to work for.

8 July 2019
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you benefit from our Care UK Perks scheme and that you feel secure in your role with us.We wish you every success for the future,Care UK Careers

staff are fun

The only good thing about this places is the residents and staff. Always short staff, always For manager nothing is good enough Manager been changed few times. current one is just about meeting the target, don't care about staff or residents. I don't even now how she got to be a manger. awful place. deputy manager is better.

Pros

Cons

short staff

Avoid if you actually care

This company seems to struggle to keep staff. A lot of agency but still you work short staff. The residents suffer as left in rooms most of the time due to not enough staff. Managerment don't care about their staff or the residents. No support by them. Expectations are ridiculous. Bullying culture by the manager. Raise issues that are not addressed as it will cause additional work. Minimum wage for a job looking after such vulnerable people. Unpaid breaks. No sick pay so you better stay healthy. Staff moral is very low and gossip about everyone.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Bad management poor care

Nope

If you love working 12 hour shifts and being treated badly then work for this company. Staff turnover is a joke, always someone leaving every week mostly from being bullied by staff. Residents beat you up and you can't do a thing about it, the amount of scars some carers have from them. Management turn a blind eye to issues and seem to have an answer to everything. Night shift staff sleep on the job and don't answer call bells. Most staff are in a clique and no matter your age will put you down. Your rota will be everywhere sometimes working back to back shifts in a row. Extremely bad pay, minimum wage for such a back breaking job. You never get thanked for your hard work. Management will bring in residents who carers can't handle.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, being bullied, bad management.

Overworked under paid no support

Working for Careuk is not some where I would recommend to anyone. The manager does not listen there is no support from the manager who talks at you and not to you. Staffing is not the best always shirt if staff staff are tired over worked and under paid. Head office it seems are more interested in lining their pockets and not in boosting staff morale.

Cons

Long hours low staff morale low pay

great place to work but unsocial hours. Late and night shifts expected, weekends too as it most busy then due to nature of the business. Not for conventional 9-5 hours.

Pros

NHS discounts

Cons

breaks/hours

Wouldn’t recommend.

I have been working at Care UK since October and can honestly say it is not a company I’d ever work for again. Have been trying to find a new job for months. The home is open 365 days a year so I find that all the important holidays I want to spend at home, I’m working. The salary for catering assistants is £ 7.83 an hour in the weekdays and £ 8.13 for the weekends. For the amount we do in the kitchen and with the littlest breaks- this is just not really a good amount of money to be earning when you are working 12 hour shifts on your feet all day. Also the staff are rude and if you make the littlest mistake like forget one thing the carers complain and moan at you. You never once get a thanks from them. And the management is all over the place. They create unecessary tasks ie: wash cutlery and trolleys at 10am and then at 11am. By the time we finish this it’s 11am and then carers are bringing down trolleys in our lunch break. The management at the Care home I work at has changed 3 times in the space of 8 months. And the management are rude. There are also a lot of staff leaving for the same reasons. The elderly people who live there are neglected due to the number of short staff and generally I would never put any of my family in a Care UK Care home let alone ever work there again after seeing the way it’s run and seeing how lazy the staff can be. Some of the carers hide in the residents room and have a chit chat to them instead of of working.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours, Rude staff, Short Breaks, Low breaks, No flexibility, Short staffer, Overworked.

Caring work environment

This is a very Caring work environment. Emphasis is placed on developing staff skills thus enabling them to provide the best care to the service user.

Pros

great client focus

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Residential Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement