Care UK Residential Care Services

Care UK Residential Care Services: 4 Reviews in Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton4 reviews

careukresidentlovelyrotausercarenvqstaff

Nice care assistants

It was a good place to work but the harder you worked the more the manager wanted from you. I could not cope eventually with the way the manager made me work. I had a good podition and had learnt a lot. But felt like i was having a break down.

Pros

Nice carers

Cons

Bad management at my branch

great job, company ok to work for

I would go and assist elderly people within their own homes. I learnt a lot about the job as I hadn't done care within the community before. the management were ok to work for but didn't seem to sort problems out when needed. workplace was ok, wasn't in one workplace consistently so couldn't really comment on the workplace. the hardest part of the job was when clients passed away. the enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping someone.

Pros

helping people

Cons

help not always provided

Insights into Care UK Residential Care Services

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Exellent company to work for.

I learned a lot from Care UK, I had never done care work before and they were willing to give me the opportunity to learn. Care is very hard work but all the people I worked with were all very nice & friendly and I loved every minute of working for them.

Pros

Got to meet new people

Cons

Could be long hours

current employee (praying to leave) wolverhampton

PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING!!! When you start you employment there are lots of promises, but in reality its just lies. 5 full days training with no pay, no lunch, no assistance towards CRB (£50), 2 free work tunics (pay for all other uniform yourself), no petrol allowance, lowest paid care agency in town, manager has no customer service skills - no hope for the employees when they dont even care about the clients. Other care staff are friendly, no set rotas so cud have 50hrs 1 week and 10 hrs the next, favouratism shown to certain employees - if you dont submit to all they ask you to do and you have your own mind you dont fit in. very high staff turnover. The best part of the job is the service users who do appreciate all you do for them, good ongoing training. Work extremely long hours (06.00 - 22.00) lots of gaps between calls - not being paid, you can be out of your house for 15hrs a day and only actually do 10hrs wrk in that time. No set area to work may have to travel 5 miles for 15 mins call and get paid about £1.40. Not hourly paid- you are paid per call . If you dont agree to cover calls when you are off they cut yr calls the next week. GUD LUCK CUS YOU WILL NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

service users, other care staff

Cons

pay, manager, no milage, no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Residential Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement