Care UK Residential Care Services

Care Assistant161 reviews
United Kingdom161 reviews

careukresidentlovelyrotausercarenvqstaff

Good relationship with residents

Absolutely no team work between the staff members! The days can be extremely stress and overwhelming. The management really there is non what so ever. Everyone believes that they are above everyone. Work life balance, well only counts if you can stomach up enough courage to say you refuse to be over worked.

Poor management and favouritism

Care UK is a very good company but some of the staff are bullies and make your life uncomfortable for you. Especially, some of the nurses, they choose whom to work with and favour those whom they like and their friends who are carers more than those who are not. They don’t appreciate your hard work and overuse their staff. The management is very poor and we’re always short pads, wipes and so on.

Pros

The residents are fun to work with

Cons

The salary is not worth the job you do

Insights into Care UK Residential Care Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun

HardRewardingLong hoursFast paceDemanding Very difficult environment at times but if you like caring for people and have that strong ethic you will be fine

Will never work for them again

Not exactly a good company to work for they turn against you if you don't cover shifts for there employees and some employees are rough with resadense and talk about the residence behind there backs and naked fun of them to

Pros

Not good

Cons

Not good

Okay

Some staff as nice whilst other staff can be unsupportive. When I first started I was shadowing and the women I was shadowing was not going in detail towards how everything was suppose to be done. This was difficult as I was new to care and felt very unsupported.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Some staff

Good company pay could be better

Worked tgere for 2 years and loved the sense of being welcome and being in a family. However management could be better and they need more staff. However staff issues are the same in most care homes. The pay could of been better. About 40p over minimum wage

never a fair day

never any staff always agency management useless they never bother to help got a achievement couldent even be bothered to give it to me after years ov work for them still sitting in office they dont care about your health they only care bout one thing MONEY

Pros

working with agency all the time

Cons

long hours and non caring management

Low moral and spiteful staff.Hard to go to work knowing you have so much to do without the staff.Always short staffed and working with agency workers.

No support from management.No team work.Constant criticism no matter how hard you work.Felt miserable most of the time.No support from anyone and just left to do countless reports and documentation without help.Exhausting amount of work.When telling management of the issues nothing is done.Breaks not paid but expected to be alert for twelve hours.

Pros

A few decent colleagues

Cons

Long shifts without proper help and support

Fun workplace

Care Uk Residential home in Framlingham was a good place to work. Very good team, good managers. Nice place to work. Approach to residents was professional.

Mentally draining

Really poor management, couldn’t trust anyone senior. Too many people wanting to be involved in everyone’s business, lots of staff sickness to do with mental health (anxiety and stress) poor judgment on who was promoted to team leaders (TL used to lock himself in the toilet and play games on his phone while buzzers were going off) good staff were the ones who left with no praise. Manager was actually braisen enough to mock me when I went to him calling him out on his actions - big gossip culture and felt like only a handful of us carer’s actually cared about the residents. Shocking when you see what Care UK charge per week for ‘prestige care’. Definitely would not recommend to work here!

Great team, lovely residents

Once again another job where management lets it down, poorly run, never see managers, never get a thank you, staff get the blame for everything. Staff worn out and tired managers don’t care.

Pros

Team, residents

Cons

Badly managed, management don’t care

Supportive staff and reliable pay

I get along well with the people employed. Always payed on time. Always an opportunity to work extra hours. If I need to switch my work days, something can be worked out.

Stressful and underpaid.

The same as all care work really. Long shifts. Consistently understaffed. No work life balance. Minimal breaks. Higher management seem to have no real clue of how it works on the floor and expect miracles.

Pros

Easy to get to

Cons

Long shifts

Very stressful place to work poorly managed

I worked here for many years very stressful management not supportive poorly run staff not friendly had 3 new managers and still no improvement expectations are high Long hours constantly call on days off.Seniors are not friendly and tend tend to gossip with one another along with management

Pros

Nice new care home

Cons

Not supportive poorly run and poor management

Do not advise working here.

There is a click if your face fits you’re in. Expected to work to many hours over your contracted & have no social life. Home manager does not help in the home even when extremely short staffed. Home manager would rather lose a big bunch of good staff and to keep one bad staff. Whistleblowing doesn’t exist as management talk between each other and then tell staff. Only rated overall 2 becase of the great residents. Only good thing about the home in broadstone is the lovely residents and most of the lovely staff you get to work with. The care staff and team leaders & seniors and also domestic and kitchen staff are the ones who keep that care home going.

Horrible place to work with horrible management

Exhausting shifts, management constantly putting staff against each other and helping spread rumours and drama, constantly understaffed, pay is not enough for the amount of work that is expected of you, most days there are no breaks due to understaffing, there is no learning curve as no one is actually willing to teach you unless you somehow fall into management’s good graces.

Pros

None, this place is a nightmare.

Cons

Long hours, minimum wage, poor management, very cliquey, very little chance of actually making personal and professional progress.

Friendly people to work with

I’ve only worked there for 6 months but they worked around me needing to be part time and certain days As I have children. They are a good bunch to work with and management are easy to talk to. I only left because I found a job working from home and it works better for my family but I’ve stayed on as bank.

Pros

Extra pay for over time Free breakfast lunch and dinner Good work environment

Great job & company but some staff are unprofessional and that can make the working environment often toxic

The company and benefits are great. Some staff are unprofessional (bickering gossiping sharing rota details with others) this just makes the environment often toxic place to work. Added to that the under staffing (I know it’s everywhere) there’s rarely a full staff situation and when there is there are often other units that are not so you get moved around a lot.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Long hours (normal in the job) Under staffed Horrible work environment Minimum wage Under valued

Absolute shambles

Got job got told I'd be on one floor then moved around management is non existent only see them when they go for coffees or constant cigarettes. Not real nurses staff walking around like zombies as they seem to constantly working and burnt out. Residents are lovely decided I had enough handed notice in and left to follow my career goals.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Poor poor management the absolute worst

Great company with development opportunities

I have worked at CareUK for a number of years and can honestly say this is the first company I have worked for where the passion to train, mentor and progress colleagues internally is evident. There are multiple opportunities to develop yourself and you are encouraged to do this. Management are always willing to discuss the available routes and courses with you. The management are fair and accommodating and will do all they can to support you. The residents are lovely and make the job all the more enjoyable! All in all I feel proud to work for this company and look forward to my future at CareUK!

Pros

Support, development opportunities

Cons

Currently working with a lot of agency

Great Company

One of the best care companies I have had the pleasure of working for. The company care about their staff as an employee you are really looked after. I could not ask for better support, benefits and work life balance.

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Residential Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement