Care UK Residential Care Services

Care Worker50 reviews
United Kingdom50 reviews

careukresidentlovelyrotausercarenvqstaff

good experience great colleagues

I have worked in care UK., I have great memories from residents and colleagues , good atmosphere and great team to work. I still miss some people and some of the residents . Really rewarding experience.

Pros

Good colleagues good communication with management

Cons

Long shifts

Chaotic, non existent communication, training/shadowing/induction lacking.

No induction or training before working with residents. No information given about needs of individual residents before working on new wings. Very short staffed and while some agency workers were excellent, some were terrible in their attidudes to other workers and to residents.

Insights into Care UK Residential Care Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful management, no care whatsoever

The home I worked in was awful. The management didn’t care one bit about their staff or residents and saw everyone as a burden. They only cared about the money they were getting from their clients. Staff are overwhelmed, understaffed and overworked. Completely unsafe environments to work in with no support from managers. Residents either being delayed care or not getting care at all due to staff not having enough time or staff numbers to provide appropriate care. The only pro was being able to communicate and spend time with the residents when we were able to, though this was a rarity. The residents deserve so much more care than we were able to give, and are not getting half their moneys worth. I would not go back to this workplace or this role if it was the last option on earth, and I think had my time here been better, I would have a different opinion.

Pros

When able, spending time with the residents.

Cons

Awful management, unsafe working conditions, understaffed, huge toll on physical and mental health, not paid for overtime, no support from HR. Very b*tchy environment.

Relaxed but professional, great supportive management personnel

Loved working here, very relaxing environment and easy paced, can be difficult at times to get from job to job on time but overall good. Rewarding job.

Pros

Mileage paid

Cons

Not guaranteed hours.

Gone downhill

Employed for one job role and expected to other job roles without proper training because staffing levels are so short in every area. Poor pay . Lack of communication lack of respect

Cons

More than one job role expected

Enjoyed my time here

Very nice place to work. No day is the same. Good relationships formed with fellow colleagues and management. Patients were a delight and family were great! I really enjoyed my time here. I learnt many skills and loved it. However I wanted to progress my career in a cooperate company.

Pros

Free meals and building relationships

Cons

Salary just about meets minimum wage

Not Recommended

Low paid. No sick pay. Continuous pressure from management to work without equipment or conditions on site. Understaffed. No career progression. Minimum wage. Overload of work. No respect for the employees.

No appreciation for hard work

Company do not value their staff. Recently reduced staffing levels. Double work load. Special treatment for chosen few. Not everyone treated the same. Not acknowledged by Managing Director. Not even a Good Morning

Lovely place, friendly staff and residents.

I worked at the care uk in manchester near wythenshawe and they had lovely and friendly staff on site and lovely residents too i enjoyed my time at care uk.

Promise a lot, but don't deliver

Terrible place to work no staff time and time again management are pathetic low moral same problems time and time again. Only good thing is the staff.

Pros

Work colleagues good team ethics

Cons

Long hours low pay stress full at times

Official response from Care UK Residential Care Services

23 December 2019
We are working hard to listen to our colleagues so that we can continue to become a better employer, and thank you for taking the time to provide your comments which will be passed on for review.We recognise the value of a healthy work life balance – so do offer flexible working hours.Care UK Careers

Need to have resilience to work in a team and stand your ground

Poor salery review. Expectations very high. Regular input from head office. Highly stressful but very rewarding needs more staff on each shift. Lots of paperwork which can be differ cult to finish. Some long shifts 12 hours. Lunch is provided which is good. Lunchtime is only half an hour not good for digestion

Official response from Care UK Residential Care Services

23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. Our aim is to ensure that residents living in our homes lead happy, fulfilled lives and this means that the central recruitment team is focused 100 per cent on ensuring that we recruit the right people with the right skills to care for residents. To ensure that we are providing the best care, we do audit a number of areas of our work to look at how we can do even better and this has contributed to us improving the ratings we have been given by the CQC to one of the best among our peers.Once again, we thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and wish you well for the future.Care UK Careers

Fast Paced

Really fast paced environment, helped with daily needs for all of the clients who lived alone in their owm homes. Only a certain amount of time was alllowed for each individual. So had to be good at time management.

staff are fun

The only good thing about this places is the residents and staff. Always short staff, always For manager nothing is good enough Manager been changed few times. current one is just about meeting the target, don't care about staff or residents. I don't even now how she got to be a manger. awful place. deputy manager is better.

Pros

Cons

short staff

Good work place and good team work

I am working night shift at care assistant,but I used to work day shifts, my contract is 44 hours/week,but I work 66 hours per week,I have good communication skills.

not for me

having woked for the company for 6 months, i would travel from huge distaces to visit service users without any travel time, and then phoned to ask why i was late. there are no help with petrol allowance and some week traveled 200 miles. a day could have one visti the two hours with no work then another half hour. oicking up and drpping off other worker who cant drive is asked of from the start if you dont then you lose work. not suitble. i would not reccommnd working for this company

Pros

Cons

distance of calls not close together, not pertol allowance, no travel time

Steady but not Guaranteed hours

A typical day included travelling from individual to individual supporting them in their homes according to the care plan. Working alone or part of a pair to support based on need and to maintaining as much independence and quality of life as possible at home.

Pros

You have some control over your call schedule

Cons

No guarantee of hours

good work environment when fully staffed.

I have worked for care Uk for nearly two years, The job is okay when fully staffed. We all work as a team in a challenging environment. Every day is different with a diverse clientele.

Pros

parking, Milk, fruit teabags and coffee provided.

Cons

staff shortages

Good experience

It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to attend to the diverse needs of elderly service users within the local area. I loved the flexible nature of the job and felt that it fit perfectly with my life at the time.

Care Worker

Care Worker Responsible is care for the elide and disable in the home washing and making dinners doing personal care assisting them in and out of bed and making sure the server's user need are met.

Nice care assistants

It was a good place to work but the harder you worked the more the manager wanted from you. I could not cope eventually with the way the manager made me work. I had a good podition and had learnt a lot. But felt like i was having a break down.

Pros

Nice carers

Cons

Bad management at my branch

Hard work

You have to be great with the service users but the management expect a lot . 15 minutes to give care is very difficult. You get called a lot to cover other carers and only given 5 minutes travel time.

Pros

flexible

Cons

5 minutes travel time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Residential Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement