Care UK Healthcare

Care UK Healthcare Employee Reviews

My experience here was that of constant management changes, a consistent stream of new staff that came & went. At least three members of staff off everyday, rotas constantly changing, shifts uncovered.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Unprofessional
Love working here very supportive senior staff. Patients appreciative. Learnt a lot with internal training. Pace of work is good learn new skills all the team. Excellent team work. External training provided shod it be needed.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Not enough sick leave per year
Induction was very poor, in fact I was working there for about 3 weeks before someone asked me why I wasn’t clocking in. The comprehensive induction booklet that I was supposed to sign off mentioned a ‘buddy’. There is no buddy. The pay seems quite good but you end up working through your unpaid break to try and cope with the workload. More often than not you have to stay late. I really don’t know how management are going to deal with their problem; there is a high turnover of staff; it is difficult to know who to trust, even the hard working HCA who refuses to take breaks is a compulsive liar and makes up stories just to stir up trouble and create drama. There is plenty of drama, if you like that sort of thing. It is so strange working in what is supposed to be a caring environment to come across so much nastiness. Be Kind.
Pros
Training courses
Cons
Toxic culture, bullying, impossible workload, no sick pay
Very hard to make an impact as system is very ridgit. Many dedisions are made without being though through. Some staff are great but there is a culture of talking behind ones back too.
Care UK is a complete and utter corrupt company with bully managers, they have a non existent H.R depart who do anything they can not to help people with a grievance, managers who don't even get to know their paying residents, they are company who are only out to take advantage of the residents and their family's by selling them something that is complete and utter lie in order to get thier hands on their money.igetgetthhands on t that person's money
Cons
Management are horrible No structure to role Very low staffing Do not value staff at all. Everything is done on the cheap. Staff dont stay. Half an hour break in a 12 hour shift.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Far too many to mention
Shift changes are constant you will owe hours most months due to early finishes so they will roster you more hours the following month. Annual leave is a lot less than the NHS and you will be left in charge which is not reflected in the salary. Very management heavy there have been 5 registered nurse leave in 15 months.
Pros
CPD ok
Cons
Poor pay management questionable
Your position is never safe .You will be got rid of if unpopular or raise opinions . Junior staff given senior responsibilities . Unsafe environment.officers unsupportive
Pros
Update opportunity
Cons
Poorly qualified staff promoted
The main part of this Out of Hours job is feeling that you are giving a service to the community and assisting the G.P's with driving them to the visits and phoning patients ahead if we are going to be later than they anticipated, and especially if the visit time is going to breach. The important and responsible part of this role is being responsible for a fairly large 4 wheel drive vehicle, making the checks on it before leaving the base, loading drug cases, checking that they are not running low on a drug that is dispensed quite regularly. Being able to use the Sat Nav software in the vehicles, and sometimes having to make adjustments if the last driver has altered the settings. Providing a confident and helpful service to the G.P. or Practice Nurse that you maybe driving, Being prepared to not always finish on time if there are urgent cases to attend to, and there maybe traffic congestion etc. When the Doctor is visiting the patients, there is time for the Driver to read, or listen to the radio, but at the same time be ready to take calls from the office at Dorking and make adjustments or pass on messages accordingly when the doctor is back in the vehicle.
i am still in this company, but I need to change my job. the manager is unfair, she pay wrong my wage each month. moreless of course. each day is stressful. rubbish manager.
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, rruuubbishmanager
Chew you up and spit you out of you won't "just do it". Gossips and bullies in senior positions. Many people leave after days or weeks. Heavy reliance on agency.
They have a 3 week notice for a forever changing shift pattern, poor wage and don't pay breaks, which there is no guarantee you'll get. For the little they give, they expect a lot. Training was poor and hostile environment. While some people seemed nice there was an overall stale atmosphere, which became apparent was created from top down
Poor Management Don't like to take liability for people's accidents at work been left with a disability because of Care UK hated working here they lie they deceive inadequate care needs to be checked constantly by CQC they are incompetent
Great team to work with, training was intense but the people you meet along the way and the tutors made it more relaxed and enjoyable. Overall a great place to work and would return.
They couldn’t care less about employees- non supportive- audit controlled - if a member staff was to say - I’m thinking of leaving - they would show you the door. Flat rate for BH Happy to push you too 15 hr day no breaks Employ non clinical to manage clinical who don’t understand NMC legislation Managers protect managers
Pros
In some areas training great opportunities
Cons
Managers, bullies, want blood from you - poor sick leave (10days ) flat rate salary 365ays in HIJ
Absolutely nowhere for staff to go with concerns and issues. Management close ranks and totally protect each other, leaving staff unsupported, stressed and floundering.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Ignored by management. Any support promised is revoked as soon as you're facing personal problems. Left to muddle through and solve your own problems. Not a lot of staff...I wondered why they had a rolling advert for staff...I gave up in the end and walked out. The training was stressful, rushed and intense. You have to sit an exam after about a week of intense training, if you don't pass, you're dismissed from the company straight away. I felt sorry for those without prior clinical knowledge. I was told if you have an emergency during the training period of more than 3 hours on the day, you have to start again with the next training cohort. I would have given a zero star rating if that was possible
Your job is never secure. They will find a way to sack you... 3 people in 3 days while I was there. I left on my own will. Hours changed and forced to choose what they want you to do. Weekend is essential. Asked to come in when my child was sick. Money wasn't worth it
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Terrible company to work for. Managers are unsupportive and dismissive of your opinions. Pay not bad however no bonuses or overtime for bank holidays etc. Would never work for them again.
Outpatient department has a huge turnover of staff and there is a reason for this! Poor management, bullying is rife and there is very low morale among the staff,
Keeping residents active best I can always do more training to better my self manager is helpful staff are good and love my residents
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Low wage and lot more to activity such than a thought
  1. Employee reviews