Carebase logo
Carebase

Carebase Employee Reviews

hard work but beneficial

The management team would allocate different tasks to each tea member and sometimes with a colleague load a van and drive to nursing homes in various locations to deliver and set up beds. If there were 2 team members the driving was shared. good atmosphere amongst the staff.

Stressful and understaffed

I actually loved the job but new management changed everything all at once and is now so stressful and disorganised. Should’ve done a slower approach and changed one thing at a time! Always short staffed and quick enough to ask favours but do not expect them to be returned. No understand of individuals needs and the rota is only done a few weeks in advance meaning if you have children or is extremely hard to plan childcare. Also often not having the morning breaks as not enough staff to do all the personal care.

Pros

Great Colleagues

Cons

A happy place, full of heart

I have found my experience to be a positive one. I am set to take semi retirement this year and I can recommend this Home as a good place to work. Putting people at the centre of everything it does. I think having worked in other Homes, this is a very good one. Salary across the whole care sector should be reviewed but Carebase pays well locally. Well supported, good management good team spirit.

Pros

Professional support

Cons

Long shifts

Awful

Management awful no support , very clicky environment to work in , avoid if you want to keep your sanity , work colleagues good 😊 better jobs out there with nicer environment to work in , don’t even bother going to the interview you will leave within a few weeks waste of time and energy , after a few weeks you will see what it is really like to work there

Wonderful care staff

Our lovely staff are very caring and compassionate and residents. I feel more comfortable and valued at the Spinney Care Home Carebase. I enjoy part of team.

Pros

Free lunch

Horrible place to be

Management don't care about you and treat you like your nothing. Will also speak about you behind your back. Used to be a lovely place to work and now I wouldn't recommend it one bit. Very unhappy place to work. If I could put 0 Stars I would.

Horrible place to work

Management are nice so long as you don't point out any unethical activities or the terrible job they are doing. A stressful and toxic place to work and people tend to quit within a few weeks or months of working there.

Pros

Cared for wonderful people.

Great

It's a fun place to work. Must work with a variety of different ailments related to the elderly. We have real fun days and some hard working days. Management will listen and help with any concerns or help needed. Great place to be

Pros

Fun. Rolling rota to plan life.

Cons

. None really. Can have some tough and sad days. Comes with the kind of work we are in

Management don’t care for their staff

Sadly I left due to management. There is No support from them. Always short staffed. Staff are competitive. If you have a problem they want you OUT!

Pros

Residents are lovely

Cons

Bad management

Good company but not secure

I enjoyed my time working there and the residents are lovely but it was a full 7 weeks before I had my first supervision meeting and even that was not formally documentary.

Jobs at Carebase

See more jobs

Good start

I enjoyed my time at Hemel. However the manager and HR at HO didn’t practice the Carebase values . It was very much a them and us culture. I hope things have changed now because Carebase vision is to be admired just doesn’t get fed through to certain areas of the company.

Happy friendly atmosphere

Good place to work staff friendly good atmosphere residents seem happy plenty to keep you on your toes.make sure you listen to your orders for the day as these are very important to the care of the residents always take time to sit and talk with them

Pros

Learn new skills

Working

Working with care base was lovely they made me feel as if I was family ad they were so under standing about time off and needing to go home in a emergency. Would recommend to work there. I would love to go back if I could miss working with such a lovely company. I only give up my job due to ill health

The home offers a good balance between work and salary.

I only worked at Carebase 2 month but I would be happy to go back there. What I think should be improved there is the team work.But overall is a good place to work.

Terrible place to work

I only worked here about 3 weeks and I have to say most of the staff are lovely. But terrible management who treat you as if you're beneath them. I got sacked simply for being too ill to come to work. Avoid this company!!

Great company to work for

The ethos of this company is great. Although it is a business, it definitely feels like a family. Management are approachable and working conditions are perfect. Every staff member is well treated and respected. It's a pleasure to come to work every day!

Not recommended

No breaks given if you take any you get the cold shoulder . Management are good at giving you a good impression of themselves and the home in general but it really is not reality . Very high turnover of staff also .

Pros

Some pleasant staff

Cons

Back stabbing

A Truly Caring Company

I've worked at Carebase for over three years and I take pride in working for a company that is deeply caring and compassionate. They not only look after their residents and relatives but they nurture and grow their staff.

Best Care Company that I have ever worked for

The Managing Directors are approachable, supportive and realistic in their expectations of us. They truly do put the residents first with very well equipped homes and a lot of thought in to the environment that will make residents feel comfortable and at home. Whatever equipment we need is provided and it is the latest model or design. Innovation and ideas are encouraged and recognised. The Area and Home/Deputy Managers are supportive and not afraid to roll their own sleeves up and help. They are also visible on the floor and know the residents and relatives and team by name. Training is encouraged and we can ask for and have additional training to meet our needs and the needs of our professional requirements which all benefit the residents. The team atmosphere is good and the ethos and culture are completely resident focussed. People have flexibility and choice which is very important to them. The home has a welcoming, family feel to it and I really enjoy coming to work

Pros

Great support and team work and residents always come first

Horrible

I’ve never worked in such a unorganised place in my life. Management have no clue what they are doing and talk down to all staff like you’re dirt! They don’t care about residents wellbeing or using the right equipment because it doesn’t make the home look pretty. Management are too busy going on holidays then bothering to do there jobs! Don’t ever work here.

Pros

Nice residents

Cons

Management!

Fun & Relaxed Workplace

Carebase helped me gain a lot of accounting experience and gave me flexibility due to my personal circumstances. They are very supportive and caring to all staff. There have been times when other members have been off on annual leave or sickness meaning stressful times, however, the FD and other staff have always been helpful to ensure ease of work and to relieve pressure.
  • Carebase