Caremark Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Caremark Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom642 reviews

Nice company to work fot

Featured review

Caremark Ltd selected this as a representative review
Enjoyed working for Caremark, started as Care Worker and rose up Senior, Field Care Supervisor to Care Coordinator.Was a great atmosphere to work in the office.

Pros

Fresh home made Brownies and other cakes

Cons

Hard work, but rewarding.

fast paced, good pay for area

great place to work, very fast paced due to long rota sometimes having to work overtime however very friendly carers and staff. as long as you put in the work the job is rewarding and you will get along with people there

Insights into Caremark Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Travel time not enough

The clients are all very nice and kind, however the travel time you are given to go from one house to another is very little and not enough. The salary is also not what expected.

Don't work for Caremark

A toxic company out for profit only. They do not care about their staff! They ignore availability, there is a culture of abuse from clients which remains unchallanged, unsafe working conditions, training is a joke, shocking pay, no benefits, unpaid overtime (not in lieu!), no support, you will lose your job if you request a safe working environment or a reasonable shift pattern. Awful employers, worst work experience ever!

Good for a stop gap.

Great if you don’t rely on a regular income, shifts tend to be sparse and spread out all day and night in all areas so driving everywhere is a must. Good to gain experience working in all types of healthcare settings.

Multi cultural enviroment

After joining this company I've learn to be self confident again. All the years where my ability and my further development career was ignored. This company has respected me for my ability and I get alot of support from my superiors. I am respected as part of the team in management. The management team have gone above and beyond to make sure I'm settled and even provided a spare room for me to perform my prays as when I need to. Management has seen my potential and know I wanna achieve more and I feel this company will give me the support to achieve this. We support each other and respect each other needs. There are times work can be stressful but what I like is that even at the stressful time we help each other and we have management supporting each other. I have work and life balance now and I have days off to fulfill home duties which had made a big difference. ❤️ 💙 💜

Lovely place to work

Caremark is a lovely place to work with assistance and help whenever needed there is an open door policy for everyone to pop in and speak to each other when they like.

Would not recommend

Awful work culture. Awful salary. Don’t care about the carers, especially those that walk. Lies on lies. Pay is horrid. Oh and there is no work/life balance whatsoever. Either you’re working all the time with no social life or they give horrible shifts that have lots of gaps.

Not great

The people that own this company are very friendly and helpful and I can’t find a fault within them however the management team and the care coordinators are extremely un helpful the care coordinators will send you from one side of town to the other back-and-forth all day when you bring this up with them they never seem to change it however if it was them doing this it would soon be changed there is always staff leaving and coming.

Stressful, tiring, underpaid and unappreciated.

Appalling company. Management don't care about employees (ironic for a care company). 12-15 hour shifts with little or no breaks are the norm. No time for lunch or tea meaning going most of the working day without a proper meal. If you're a walker you don't get reimbursed for shoes (but drivers get fuel paid), which will wear away quickly if you have to walk a lot. Which you will. Very little travel time between calls that are far apart meaning you don't scan in on time meaning call monitoring texting/calling you while you're in the middle of the call you're late too. You are often called you on your days off wanting you to cover for others (but you don't get paid extra, just the normal rate) and sometimes get snotty with you if you refuse. How dare we have a social life! They don't listen to your own concerns on matters you're not comfortable with e.g. personal care for a client who's the other gender than yourself. They change the rotas (and times) without warning, sometimes adding calls without notifying you. Sometimes rotas aren't even sent out to clients. Management see their employees as just numbers in the system. They don't treat them as human beings. If they did they wouldn’t put them on fifteen hour shifts with almost no breaks and pay them minimum wage. There's being cost effective and there's being cheap. Caremark are cheap. They do the bare minimum they can legally get away with. Don't work for them. Leaving them was one of the best things I did.

Friendly , productive fun loving place.

I have had been working at Caremark for few years. A supportive and friendly staff to work with in the community. Can be stressful when no travel time between the calls.

Pros

Flexible hours & shifts to work around your schedule

Cons

No travel time between the calls.

Not recommended, 7am shifts till 10pm or later.

I was working from 7am till 10pm at night sometime longer if the list of requirements was longer for the client one night from a 7am start I did not leave the client till 11.30pm and had to start all over again for my next 7am start the next day, I was working these shifts 6 days sometime 7 days a week giving out medication to clients which was dangerous working these hours, if you have a slow clients which runs into your break time then you just loose your breaks, this happens regular, your mileage allowance does NOT cover what you use going to client to client, everything is on a time limit with Not enough time to do the jobs especially personal care cleaning, also your travel time to get to the next client is Not enough, and you are rang all the time on your mobile if running late which again regularly happens regardless if your in the car on your way there, they don't care if you don't have a hands free kit for your car to mobile or that's its against the law to answer your mobile without one, I loved the clients but these shifts should Not be allowed, I left after 2 months and heard 9 others left after me, and recently know of another 2 who have left, due to shifts and unrealistic traveling times.

Avoid this company.

Office staff ringing all the time to do more shift. Mileage doesn’t cover fuel costs.Work from 7 am to 10pm, only get 8 hours pay, due to not being paid travel times and breaks. Far to many breaks. Starts off ok, then new staff get better rounds so they look good, treat old staff awful. Manager not managing, office staff gossip about everyone not professional. Training not good, no work shadowing.

Cons

Not a caring company to staff or clients

Staff mismanagement

They don’t care about their staff especially “walkers”. The distance used in traveling from one client to another on “foot” is not paid for, meanwhile those that own a bicycle and car get paid for mileage traveled. The salary is ridiculous too!!!

Staffing issues cause it to be stressful

Great scope to be a good company to work for. However, staffing issues mean the burden of uncovered calls falls to care assistants, granted, ladies from the office are also out covering calls but you always feel bad for saying no to extra hours, get called asking to cover calls, even on your days off. Split shifts and awkward hours make having a good work/life balance impossible, you’re lucky if you can plan anything a couple of days in advance. Calls and rounds often get changed last minute and there’s nothing you can do about it. Whilst the money is good, you’re not paid travel time and what you get for mileage is barely enough to cover petrol prices.

Pros

Always plenty of work

Avoid

Caremark Bromley is corrupt and an awful working environment. Poor management. Bully culture. Avoid at all costs! Earnings are terrible. Uncaring and poor.

Caremark was not a good place to work.

Communication throughout the work place was terrible, I had to alter myself to set times to work as they worked me into the ground, they expect you on call 24 hours a day and if you refuse, the office staff or supervisors become rude and just hang up on you. Supervisors are lazy and unwilling to help. There is no support through out the company. The other issue with this company is they will take on any clientele even if it’s a safety risk to the staff. The pay is insulting for the amount of hours and work required and the way your treated. The only good side this job was the staff you work with. I would absolutely not recommend to anyone. Avoid this company, there are so many better care companies out there.

Pros

Some of the clients are lovely

Cons

Most of the job

Decent and flexible company to work for

Cant really fault the company as a whole they were really flexible and helped with any issues i ever had. The downside is the money, i deffo feel the nature of the work deserves a higher wage however that's an issue in the caring industry as a whole not specifically caremark.

Pros

Blue light card and company shop card. Flexible hours.

Cons

Shifts can be long and the work can be difficult

lovely company to work for

Primark caring company is great company to work for since 14/01/2021 to date * lovely management support* super training programes* Excilent providing great encouragesupport and after care

Pros

listening to staff expressions and requests

Cons

flexible shifts

Rubbish

I was promised 15 hours a week , averaged about 9 (pre pandemic) . Constantly Turing up to jobs only to be told the client is in hospital , so lose out not only on travelling time but the time for that job. Office staff / management completely horrible to deal with. Training is done in your own time , and is pretty basis for those inexperienced in care. When I decided the company wasn't for me after 3 weeks and gave them notice to leave (I was honest and didn't just leave I gave notice and followed the roper procedure ) the manager witheld money from my pay for "training" which I completed at home , on my tablet with absolutely no direction from anyone ! I didn't even receive a pay slip ( online or in paper from) it wasn't untill the next April ( 10 months later ) I received a refund from the HMRC for overpayment of tax in those 3 weeks of employment with caremark in Poole. Awful company to deal with / work for , I would avoid at all costs .

Unreliable hours.

0 hour contract so no reliability on hours you work. So short staffed permanently that end up working on days off. May not have a day of in a month or may have no / little work for days on end. Unpaid training. 10p per mile fuel coverage. Office environment is hostile and can be felt as soon as you walk in , may be ignored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Caremark Ltd with

• Caremark Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?