Caremark Ltd
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Caremark Ltd Employee Reviews

I've only worked one weekend so far but although its a fast paced job, the other staff seem friendly and helpful. I can't judge it too well yet as its early days
Pros
Flexible days and hours
Cons
Very busy and quite hectic at times
Since working at Caremark my confidence has grown, great colleagues very friendly and encourage new comers with open arms. Management and office staff have been great, given me the opportunity to excel in my roles, and encouraged me every step of the way to better myself and promoted me in a very short period of time. On going training is good, and certainly encouraged. Clients are friendly, charming and I love caring for them. I’ve met many lovely people and heard some amazing stories from our clients.
Pros
Good opportunity to excel, on going training, friendly, professional
Since working at Caremark I have found the confidence and the courage that I never thought I had. I find that I complete new challenges each day and that all the team help me to do the best that I can. Thank you everyone
Loved my time assisting the vulnerable in our community. Only downfall is not being paid for travel and time between clients. Great colleagues with a great team spirit.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Quick moving
I have been with Caremark just shy of 9 months and my time has been a great experience. The directors are hands on and very supportive, the company have offered training, growth and job security through a tough time (COVID-19). I have been office based and have been working alongside a great team. The company is well run with good, kind people. The care team are amazing, as are the clients. I have a work/life balance and find my managers are very understanding especially due to myself having a one year old little boy and returning to work following maternity leave in 2020.
Pros
Training, supportive management and professional growth
Cons
When I joined Caremark I didn’t have much experience in care but with the training and on going support I now work in the more complex packages, iBefore going into a new package you get to shadow existing staff and receive extra training from the nurse if needed. Receiving a present at Xmas and a welfare pack during lockdown makes you feel appreciated. I have a consistent rota and work alternate weekends.
Pros
Paid mileage, training, set rota
I worked at Caremark Sheffield and Rotherham for over four year and recently transferred to another Caremark branch. In my time there I had great support from the team, I supported the same client and felt really part of the team. The team care and went to every effort to look after me and keep me up to date with my training- which was brilliant btw! I loved being part of the team and thank everyone there for everything they did for me!
Pros
Being part of a team that makes a difference
Cons
I was on a 0 hour contract, which wasn’t to my knowledge and got rid of me without any proper reasoning. Was unorganised, and management wasn’t supportive. Had 8 day working, and had a day off but was called in. Rota is very disorganised and was absolutely shocking. Absolutely shocking company. Don’t work for them.
Cons
Long hours un organisation
The training I recieved when I first joined caremark was enjoyable and included courses such as Makaton and epilepsy. I have 3 regular clients i support, my days can range from supporting someone to go to school to taking someone out to parks and play centers.The office staff are helpful and offer you lots of supports. One of the best things is I have a set rota with regular weekends off.
Pros
Lots of support.wonderful clients
Cons
Worked for Caremark Hemel for nearly a month now, I’ve had no background in care work before, so was unsure what to expect. Although the training was brief, the ongoing training and helpfulness of all the office team is amazing. There’s always someone available to call, and the clients themselves seem to appreciate being in the hands of such a good company.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Not very good money
Caremark are carers for my Grandmother. The way they were with my grandmother was wonderful. It inspired me to become a carer and be specifically part of their team. The reviews were outstanding, not from their clients but staff too. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends. I have two children and the management are really flexible with hours of work to suit around my home life needs. I have completed my first care certificate and have the opportunity to complete an NVQ level 2. Perfect job opportunities within the business.
Pros
Many
Cons
I love my job so much and it is an amazing company to work for. Management are so supportive and the team is like a family. I feel like I have finally found what job I am meant to do working with this company, and I would not want to work anywhere else. There are many career development opportunities as well as other benefits of working for the company such as work recognition and rewards for hard work.
Pros
recognition, supportive management, close knit team
Cons
On call
Comment – 2 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback really appreciate your feedback, helps us improve and demonstrate what we are strong at and areas of where we can improve. Thank You
A typical day in the life of a care and support worker, is supporting the venerable people in the community enabling them to remain in there own homes. It warms your heart to know you are giving something back to the local community. Office team are always on the end of the phone for support and there are always extra shifts to earn extra money. The company do a employee of the month with special rewards, and also regular Covid tests to make sure there staff are always protected whilst working out in the field. I enjoy my job and wouldn't ever choose to work for another company, i feel valued and respected within my role and i think that in itself is key when working for a care company. I am able to choose hours around my family life that suit me which is the best thing about community care!
Pros
The strong team and flexibility
Cons
None!
Comment – 2 March 2021
Worked here during Covid, hard work for the team in the office and the field team always supportive. We had weekly Covid testing, access to the vaccine. Regular updates from the Care Manager with guidance and support throughout the Covid pandemic. Lots of flexible hours and plenty of extra hours , to help pay the bills etc!
Pros
Referral bonus
Cons
Hard, but rewarding work
Comment – 2 March 2021
Great company to work for very fair listen to you benefits passed on to workers and not kept by company very supporting to staff good on call support when needed don’t get funny with you if you turn down extra work
Pros
Blue light card good work life balance understanding
Im new to caring so was nervous about starting out. There was no need to be. Caremark, and all of their tesm, have fully supported me every step of the way to ensure that i feel happy and confident in what im doing. The job itself is really satisfying too. To know that you are helping someone in need and making their life a little easier too. Thats what i love most about this job
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Worked with caremark Chichester since November 2017, management has changed since me being here and I can honest say it’s great now, this job is very challenging at times but I wouldn’t change it, it’s great to be able to go to your work team about anything and know that they will be happy to help you, wouldn’t go to a different care company now, this isn’t just a care team, it’s a family.
Caremark Cambridge is a really good place to work, you get time to spend with clients as calls are a minimum of one hour so you spend more time caring for clients and less time travelling between clients. The Management team are really supportive and helpful and you get thanked for doing good work, it is far less stressful than other care companies I have worked for. Caremark Cambridge are also the most flexible company I have worked for as long as you can start early, 7.00am or finish late 10.00pm you can work the hours you want.
Pros
Good rates of pay and high mileage paid.
Cons
Long Hours - if you want long hours.
Great place to work if you don’t WANT to get paid. Always calling you on your days offNever any staff to helpManagement are clueless. Overall terrible.
Worked here over 5 years. My colleagues and supervisor on field are fully supportive. I love that each day is different. Progressing in my career with them by completing nvq.
Pros
Flexible working hours
I was interviewed by area managers who made me feel welcome. I was offered the position and meet the team, I have now worked for them for 2+years and feel very supported by higher management, they take on board your ideas and support you in higher education to better yourself great company to work for
Pros
Great management
  1. Employee reviews