Caremark Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Caremark Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Caremark Ltd selected this as a representative review
I joined 4 months ago with no experience in care work. The training was brilliant and then I went out with an experienced colleague to shadow them to gain practical experience.With regards my hours the company have been very good with both regular hours and regular clients which means I don't have to worry about my income and I get to know my Clients and they get to know me.The office staff are lovely and are always there if you need support, nothing is too much trouble.It is a very rewarding job and every day I go home feeling that I make a difference and I have made friends along the way.
Pros
Support, feeling valued, work near home.
Cons
None that I can think of.
No sleep for the care staff, no time off, forcing hours into us. Treating us like dirt! The clients are the best part of the job, only ones who give us some respect. The management is disgusting
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!
Great support and training. I found the manager and assistant manager very helpful and supportive. The supervisor and colleagues helped create an efficient and professional work environment, to deliver great care which was appreciated by many of the clients. Being one of the few men in the role, I found the support invaluable as this was a total career change. They also accommodated my unusual availability.
Pros
Support
Cons
Hours were long and spent.a lot of time driving. Hours could drop and wages be poor with out notice. Fuel allowance was poor and took a chunk out of my wage each month so averaged out at 1000 a month. Had to have business insurance which was also expensive. Managment were lacking and staff not valued. Didn't get paid for senior hours which was I expected to do in my own time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no breaks
I have worked with Caremark since October 20. I really enjoy my job looking after clients and giving them the support that they need in their lives. I do full days and it’s rewarding knowing that at the end of the day you have made a difference in the clients lives. Other carers whom I work with are amazing and if I have any problems a field care supervisor are only I phone call away to give me advise. The pay is really good and you get paid on time every month. I would recommend this company to anyone who is wanting to become a carer and help start making a difference to people’s lives.
I enjoyed working for Caremark great management and great staff and service user. Then only down side was minimum wage and only 12p a mile fuel mileage.. Bur apart from that I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Lovely clients and staff
Cons
Low mileage paid and minimum wage
Lovely company to work for, very friendly atmosphere and management are quick to respond to any concerns. Paid travel time and incentives to work towards. Company also offer progression opportunities.
Pros
Great communication, friendly atmosphere, paid travel time
Cons
Working at Caremark was amazing. The shadowing allows you to really get a hands on view on what you’ll be doing. The other carers are so lovely too very welcoming and very helpful when just starting. The staff are lovely too and very realistic and understanding that we have lives too. They are very caring for their staff. Although some miscommunication went on causing me to no longer be with Caremark I’m glad I experienced my first care job with them it was lovely.
Of all the companies I have ever worked for this is by far the worst. Managerial staff were more concerned with cramming as many calls possible into a run than they were with providing quality care. Often asked to complete two man moving and handling tasks alone, only partially complete care requirements so as to get to next person quicker, and the support is non existent. Was left entirely to my own devices my first day at 6am having never worked in care before after being promised I’d work with a manager for first two weeks. Awful communication and treatment of staff by management.
Pros
The worst place they are con artists and I was never paid for the month I worked they also used to ask me to clean there office more than doing real work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caremark Ltd?
Really bad management rude to staff bullies don’t care about staff Expected to work 24/7 - when it’s not in the contract Don’t always get breaks
Cons
I have worked for Caremark Rotherham for over 2 years, and throughout my time here I have felt fantastic Support and guidance from my manager and case leader, they have guided me in each of my clients’ care packages. I have also received excellent training and benefited from clinical competency checks by the clinical lead. If ever I’ve had a problem or concern, the management team have listened and support me and dealt with the concern. I love my job and the difference that I’ve made to my regular clients.
Pros
Great support and training, regular clients and rota
Cons
Struggle to think of any
Starting time to finish time were not paid you only got paid for the length of the call. Management were good but if you didn’t fit into their box or social stance you were made to feel like an outcast. Calls were dropped on you last minute without so much as a phone call to ask if you were able too. Would not recommend working here unfortunately. Starting at 6am finishing at 9/10pm 5 days a week 80 hours a week for 4 weeks made £900 pay! No benefits and very little pay for hours of gruelling work!
Pros
Caring for people in their own homes
Cons
Long hours minimal pay
After working for this company for a few months, I found that they have lack of communication, don't update care plans accordingly. Speak to their staff abruptly unless they are requesting you to pick up extra shifts! They give you no diversity, don't protect their staff accordingly. Fail to follow up any concerns you may have or reports you have put in. Can't guarantee hours regardless that they say they can.Their turn around of staff is massively poor where people have started and left within days and weeks due to the lack of incompetence. I wouldn't advise working for this company.
Pros
Paid milage
Cons
Incompetence, lack of communication, adjusting hours without being consulted, receiving rotas 2 days before commencing week, lack of support from management, management speak to you in an abrupt manor, don't follow your concerns, no uniform
Whole management team felt like they were just the popular kids at school actively trying to make your like hard everyday. They changed rota’s at last minute with no warning, and also ring everyday no matter what time and make you feel horrible for not working every minute of every day.
I have worked in care for 20 years, but while I enjoyed the other companies, I never really felt part of the team, whereas at Caremark Basingstoke I feel like a part of the team and I love working there and truly can't imagine working anywhere else, I would recommended the company to anyone who is looing for a job in care and to anyone who is looking for care for a relative.
Pros
petrol allowance, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Nice company to work for bubbly staff great atmosphere. Clients are lively and understanding. A variety of different needs to attend to. From cup of tea and chat to full personal care.
Pros
Flexable shifts
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Caremark LTD everyone was so friendly from top management right the way down to the other carers it was a nice place to work you are like a family unfortunately I had to leave for personal reasons
Absolute disgraceful treatment of employees. There are bullies within the office they speak to carers and other employees in a discusting manner. They sack people without any valid reason and without a proper disciplinary meeting. I’d highly advise not to work here because you’ll get treated very poorly
I feel privileged to be part of the whole Caremark team, because everyone right to the very top is well trained and have experienced the front lin and ready to step in to ensure continuity and quality of care. I have learned so much, the clients are very well cared for and my colleagues are amazing to work with. Care is not a 9-5 role there are many considerations. Rotas may change due to lots of reasons so you have to accept, quite rightly, that due to confidentiality you won't get to know why. If you’re called in then feel pleased that you’re considered the best suited for the task. It’s easy to criticise but it's not easy to co-ordinate care, compatibility, personal needs, continuity, availability, holidays, cancellations, travel times and manage all the other demands placed on the company working with other agencies etc., so if you go to interview and say you want the role because you care and are flexible then understand what it means. The reward in caring is that you can bring continuity and enrichment to those that don’t have the choices we have. Having worked in many industries and a good understanding of a variety of roles and the frustrations that come with them I think on balance this Company is managed very well and with the equipment and testing provided it's certainly a safe environment to work in during these unprecedented times.
Pros
The thanks and acknowledgements
Cons
Since working at Caremark my confidence has grown, great colleagues very friendly and encourage new comers with open arms. Management and office staff have been great, given me the opportunity to excel in my roles, and encouraged me every step of the way to better myself and promoted me in a very short period of time. On going training is good, and certainly encouraged. Clients are friendly, charming and I love caring for them. I’ve met many lovely people and heard some amazing stories from our clients.
Pros
Good opportunity to excel, on going training, friendly, professional
  1. Employee reviews