Caremark Ltd
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Caremark Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom449 reviews

carersrotacarerlovelyclientusershadowingsupport

Good support from office staff

Am happy with my work load and it balance my personal life . Caremark respects my availability. Caremark is a good company to work for I feel appreciated when I get good feedback from the clients

Pros

No free lunches

Productive and well organised

Happy to work at Caremark Three Rivers and Chiltern. The Team will support you and help you achieve your goals. Excellent service and pay, thank you Caremark 😊

Insights into Caremark Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Training and recruitment

The interview process was quick and smooth. The training sessions were conducted very professionally and all materials were fantastic. I loved the various activities and examples that were provided. The trainer is a wonderful person, very approachable and knowledgeable.

Pros

Free lunches during training

Lovely management,

Great company to work for, pay could be better though. Management is lovely and always try there best to help. The work is always within walking distance so paying for minimal for travel.

This company will consume your mental health

The job itself is so rewarding and you will meet some lovely clients along the way but this is my experience working at Caremark:The training is bare minimum and then you are expected to just get on with it. Your concerns are irrelevant to the management. Pressured and manipulated into doing calls by the office. Forced to stay at calls out of the hours you have agreed to.If you are a walker, you are made to walk for hours between calls no matter the circumstance. If you are a driver, they will give you no time to get to each call and you have to explain to each client why you are late. If you don’t give up all of your free time you will never make it onto the “favourite employee’s” email. Regardless of your circumstances, you should be available to work at all times. They do not care about your mental health or well being, it is all about the calls being covered. You will not be paid any over time even if you have to stay because they are short staffed. Be prepared to be treated like a doormat by management and the office. If a client makes you feel uncomfortable or has been abusive to you, they do not follow this up.It’s pretty ironic that they call themselves a care company but they do not care about their employee’s.

Pros

Plenty of hours

Cons

Management and the office you report to

Good

I work with caremark for 2 year and I like the job to much and I like to meet you people and get you friends I like to take the person to shop to get they shopping done

Cons

1 hours

Staff great

Expected too much of you , no set times and home life was non existent as interrupted and short staffed most of the time , so when you have a family as well it put a lot of strain on me

Pros

Great staff and clients

Cons

Long broken hours

A nice place to work mostly.

I enjoyed my time working for caremark. The supervisors were fantastic and did anything they possibly could to help. The management staff were always at hand. I was sad to have to leave them and would go back

Pros

Supervisors

Cons

Travel time

A company like no other, AMAZING!

I am the Field Care Supervisor for Caremark Ashford and Shepway and I love my job. Every day, I wake up and feel excited to see my customers and carers. I enjoy empowering my customers and carers and ensuring they are both provided the best support possible, and that is exactly what they are given. We have an amazing support network in the office and a fun yet effective training program, ensuring all carers are equipped to provide the highest and professional care and support. No 2 days are the same here at Caremark, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. If you’re within the area of Ashford & Shepway, then apply today! You will not be disappointed!

Dont do it

This Company will take advantage of the need for money and give you no time to get from what call to another. all they want is their carers to fail at all costs

Rewarding Job

Can be long hours and hard work, but the reward is knowing you've helped someone stay in their own home and keep their independence. Could be anything from full personal care to a friendly face and a chat. Can be frustrating when something isn't right and you don't feel very supported from office staff, but good work colleagues make the job alot easier. Care isn't an easy job but definitely rewarding.

Pros

Making a difference to clients life, some good work colleagues

Cons

Long hours, not always listened to, colleagues

fun workplace

fun workplace, great office staff, very supportive office, plenty of company benefits, good salary. helpful seniors and FCS. rewarding role and lovely service users

Discrimination. 9Abusing the staff. Lack of break the days 24 hours. Abuse of staff. Unable to buy any food during the shifts.

Lack of respect and responsibilities. Mistakes in the payroll. Incorrect dealing with working hours and nights hours excluded from salary. Rota is a secret.

Poor befits and culture. Wouldn't work for them again.

Poor benefits, unsupported, bullying culture, abuse of loyalty and good nature, no work life balance. No HR structure to turn to. Constant changes to rotas without warning, poor fuel payment, poor allowance, no travel time paid. Clients not assessed fully so go in blind to visits and find own way. Employees knew more about clients than management. Issues reported of occurred but never followed through or acted on.

Could be this branch

If you’re a favourite dogsbody with the person who does the rota you’re well in, if you’re not loud and proud then you’re apparently a quivering wreck with no confidence and who who can’t cope it seems. They just pile all the clients on you anyway. Had tonsillitis badly had one day off they kept calling back in so had to go back after a day. They don’t really listen to what you have to say. The management is quite sneaky and sneaky in business. The office have no clue what it’s like and no regard for the average carer at all. There was one nice girl but the rest don’t care.

Mostly good

Loved it til my client went downhill and I got ill too. Coincided with change of management and I decided to leave as I needed more support than I was getting.

Pros

Felt part of the team

Cons

Didn’t get the support I needed when my client was getting more ill.

No support

I am only here for the clients, or a management call people POC ?I enjoy my job but I feel like I work for myself as there is zero support from supervisors and management. You are just a zero hours contract worker who can be replaced at the drop of a hat.Sad situation for the carers.

Health care assistant

I absolutely loved working at care mark amazing a management great pay You just have to be prepared to go any patients when required You have to be prepared to look after patients at different shift and days. Management were good Happy to help you

Great Place to work

Always get the hours you want, pay is okay but could be improved. Great management and office staff always on hand to help. Lovely clients and staff to work with

Horrible people

Horrible company horrible staff horrible management horrible owners! Some seniors are just vile and inconsiderate who need fixing! Surprising they not been slapped by anyoneGood riddance!

Pros

Cons

No life slavery and your always in the wrong!

Caring work ethic

Caremark live up to their name by being a very caring company, not just for their clients but also for the staff employed. Encouraged to discuss any issues on a day-to-day basis and will act very quickly regarding any concerns one may have. They are very considerate in every way. Management work in a very professional manner. You're in good hands with Caremark! An excellent company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement