Caremark Ltd logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Good company

I enjoyed working for Caremark great management and great staff and service user. Then only down side was minimum wage and only 12p a mile fuel mileage.. Bur apart from that I enjoyed working there.

Pros

Lovely clients and staff

Cons

Low mileage paid and minimum wage

Worse company

I didn’t find them a good company they may be different now but when working for them there wasn’t communication and some of the staff was rude, wage was terrible and they always owed people money as wages wasn’t correct

Cons

Long hours, Not flexible, have to wait four weeks to change your availability

Poor pay and conditions

Had to pay for own training, do it in own time and pay expenses to get there and back.Thd training was sub standard, rushed.You are expected to assist with medicines without having kniwledge about them.Had to pay for own DBS cert and the company kept it and continued to charge for it yearly even after I had left.You don't get paid for travel expenses between clients or paid for the travel time.The pay is minimum wage.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid

Rubbish fuel allowance and lack of hours

Hours were long and spent.a lot of time driving. Hours could drop and wages be poor with out notice. Fuel allowance was poor and took a chunk out of my wage each month so averaged out at 1000 a month. Had to have business insurance which was also expensive. Managment were lacking and staff not valued. Didn't get paid for senior hours which was I expected to do in my own time.

Pros

Cons

Long hours no breaks

Great company and supportive management

Lovely company to work for, very friendly atmosphere and management are quick to respond to any concerns. Paid travel time and incentives to work towards. Company also offer progression opportunities.

Pros

Great communication, friendly atmosphere, paid travel time

Wouldn’t recommend

Starting time to finish time were not paid you only got paid for the length of the call. Management were good but if you didn’t fit into their box or social stance you were made to feel like an outcast. Calls were dropped on you last minute without so much as a phone call to ask if you were able too. Would not recommend working here unfortunately. Starting at 6am finishing at 9/10pm 5 days a week 80 hours a week for 4 weeks made £900 pay! No benefits and very little pay for hours of gruelling work!

Pros

Caring for people in their own homes

Cons

Long hours minimal pay

Nice supervisers and mangement

Nice company to work for bubbly staff great atmosphere. Clients are lively and understanding. A variety of different needs to attend to. From cup of tea and chat to full personal care.

Pros

Flexable shifts

Cons

The best job I have ever had

I love my job so much and it is an amazing company to work for. Management are so supportive and the team is like a family. I feel like I have finally found what job I am meant to do working with this company, and I would not want to work anywhere else. There are many career development opportunities as well as other benefits of working for the company such as work recognition and rewards for hard work.

Pros

recognition, supportive management, close knit team

Cons

On call

– 2 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback really appreciate your feedback, helps us improve and demonstrate what we are strong at and areas of where we can improve. Thank You

Great team and support

Worked here during Covid, hard work for the team in the office and the field team always supportive. We had weekly Covid testing, access to the vaccine. Regular updates from the Care Manager with guidance and support throughout the Covid pandemic. Lots of flexible hours and plenty of extra hours , to help pay the bills etc!

Pros

Referral bonus

Cons

Hard, but rewarding work

– 2 March 2021

Excellent caring

Great company to work for very fair listen to you benefits passed on to workers and not kept by company very supporting to staff good on call support when needed don’t get funny with you if you turn down extra work

Pros

Blue light card good work life balance understanding

Jobs at Caremark Ltd

See more jobs

Great Culture, more time spent caring and less time travelling.

Caremark Cambridge is a really good place to work, you get time to spend with clients as calls are a minimum of one hour so you spend more time caring for clients and less time travelling between clients. The Management team are really supportive and helpful and you get thanked for doing good work, it is far less stressful than other care companies I have worked for. Caremark Cambridge are also the most flexible company I have worked for as long as you can start early, 7.00am or finish late 10.00pm you can work the hours you want.

Pros

Good rates of pay and high mileage paid.

Cons

Long Hours - if you want long hours.

The most rewarding job

The most rewarding job you will do however very tough at times. Lovely colleagues and clients. Only down fall is that you do not get paid for travel time, sometimes will work 16 hour days with a few breaks.

Pros

Rewarding and humbling

Cons

Long days and don't get paid for travel time

Avoid

They say you get paid hourly but most jobs are 39 to 45 mins , travelling a lot with rubbish petrol allowanceManagement and senior rolls are from the same family , so if they want time off they get it . Lots of promises but no outcome

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

The company who run it

The administrative team is disorganized and difficult

Somedays was better than others.The administrative team is disorganized and difficult.They have flexible hours so it fit in my university schedule, but pay a low rate salary.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low rate salary

Awful organisation. Higher management is only in it for the money.

Clients often complain about the quality’s of care. They try to change the times or duration of their calls but are often ignored.Some careers do the bare minimum and during some double ups even stand there doing nothing.Care routes are poorly planned and no time is often given to get from client a to client b.0 contracted hours so some days you work too many hours some days barely any.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Minimum wage. Not enough or too many hours. Poor management. Poorly planned care-route’s.

Corrupt Organisation - Do Not Care About You As An Employee

Management have favourites and new people, you get treated discustingly they only ever phone you if there is a problem, no praise for your hard work! No acknowledgement, they are very snakey and worm themselves out of paying you, they can't get timings right between calls (google can tell you better on how long it takes to get to 1 place to the other). They love to argue with you, as if they've been looking forward to it.Petrol is 45 per mile but they then tax you on that Try to claim that they cant find anyone else (when they phone you for calls) manipulating staff to take on more shifts when they have had such a draining week already even on your booked holiday (Way to much stress than its worth)They expect you to go to the office 24/7 when they're not even based in chichester (there on the outskirts)The most enjoyable part is being with other colleagues because there are some lovely people I do not reccomend this company to anyone

Pros

lovely staff and clients

Cons

Terrible employers

Valuable job, flexible work hours

The hours are very flexible to suit your needs.They give lots of opportunity for training.Professional work place.Team work is great.They pay double on bank holidays.

Pros

Great fulfilling job

Cons

Not alot

Lovely clients, bad management

I loved working with all the service users. They were lovely. But the shortage of staff made them pressure you to work more and more. Not travel time paid and gaps between clients not paid either, but this is a problem in the care industry in general. Good as a starting point but can't stay for long.

Pros

Lovely clients and coworkers

Cons

Gaps between clients and long trips

Fantastic compary

Brilliant supportive company with flexible working times and good pay and shiftsEasy to get a hold of and able to help when on the jobInformative about job role

Pros

Petrol allowance

Cons

Going to work is a pleasure, not a chore

I have been working for Caremark Hatfield for over 2 years and progressed quickly to Registered Manager, Managing Director is very supportive and office team are helpful and friendly. The carers really do care and although the job is fast paced it is a joy to go to work.I think the pay is competitive and mileage, training and team meetings are paid.The team work is good.

Pros

competetive pay, mileage, training and team meetings paid.

Cons

Can be long hours

No private life

Lack of understanding in what you are available for very blunt and rude when you can not pick up shifts Holidays booked as never time off they call you up for cover. Office staff have no care of incidents that happen in ur work field. Wage is very low other company’s pay better wage for the same job and appreciate your presents avoid

Pros

Nothing the more hours u put in the better the wage

Cons

No life