CarFinance 247 logo
CarFinance 247

CarFinance 247 Employee Reviews in Manchester

2.9
Work-life balance

Good company to work for welcoming and very organised, good benefits once targets hit. If you don’t hit targets they expect you stay behind after your shift or work weekends but there’s always extra training available to help hit the targets.

Pros

Good benefits

Great company

on the first day they ordered dominos!! Really relaxed to start with easing you into your job role. Came from a showroom background, glad I made the move

Pros

Great wages

Cons

Weekend work (rota)

Expect no work life balance to hit targets

Constantly changing management, commission structures and KPI’s. You’ll work weekends and late, without overtime pay, in order to hit go targets and earn some decent money. Avoid.

Constant hire and fire

The place is an absolute joke, constant hiring and firing. DO NOT work here if you are looking to progress in a career. They take on for a couple of months, then make redundancies and start the process again. Hours are long, rewards a little, by far the worst company I have ever worked at.

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

long hours, little reward, zero progression

Decent pay but at a price

Nice office and easy to get to but the culture of management is not great. It's very much like us v them which is really not nice. Everything is a secret and you do just feel like a number. Paid is decent but at a price.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

Long hours, management

Poor management and poor treatment for staff

No sense of direction, they don't know how to treat their staff. At the start they are good to you then they just let you go without any reason. They promise you another things but you only get recognised if your managements best friend and if they like you as a person (not your work).

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

Long hours. Poor management.

Pays well but no compassion

I started back in January. Was put to work after training for two weeks. Wasn't show how to do anything the correct way, was shown how to carry out my role by someone who had been there two months longer than myself. Was told i would be trained on this area then trained in another area so I'd be multi trained. Never got trained in the other area 'because they haven't got a manager to oversee', even so newbies were getting upskilled right away! Then we meet carona virus. At this point I was told along with half the company that I had 'failed my probation, one week before the government offered furlough pay. At that point eventually I was taken back on. Only to then be left in the dark about my position. I was then told I may face redundancy as they are opening a new business. I quit whilst I was ahead. But appalling. No communication. No updates. Just in the dark. No compassion.

Pros

Good pay, nice colleagues, lovely office, dress down fridays

Cons

Work 9-6, 10-7, 11-8. change rotas constantly, changes teams constantly, no parking, KPI's set byamagers unaware of the challenges, micro management

Rewarding and an excellent place to work

Working for CarFinance247 was rewarding and exciting, I was always happy going into work and enjoyed the fast pace of the sales floor. The management encouraged team work which meant you could have a sensible work life balance knowing your team had your back.

fast paced and enjoyable

I was speaking to existing clients and upselling them GAP insurance, this was done through excellent rapport and a detailed fact find, providing a recommendation and completing a final sale.

shambolic

Run by unqualified egotists who lack any sense of loyalty or structure. Wolf of wall street mentality with no skills or techniques to back up their exceedingly delusional goals of domination, just sheer pressure selling and brainless work.

Jobs at CarFinance 247

in Manchester
See more jobs

Great Culture and Progression

I have worked in the business for over 7 years and have a great journey within the business starting on sales and after various promotions I am now a board member.

Pros

Free fruit and coffee, great benefits package, lovely working enviroment

Cons

Over promised on salary expectations

not a good place to work. Overpromised on salary and commission expectations. They give you a lot of perks during training etc but then when you get on the job you get the toughest clients and its rubbish

Fantastic place to work

I’ve been at CF247 for just over 18 months, and in that time I’ve had my salary bumped up twice plus won and whole load of incentives... The environment is friendly, the culture is one of the best I’ve ever worked in, and the brothers who own the company genuinely care about all of the staff. Like all sales jobs, there will always be slow times, however the OTL’s do all they can to keep team moral high! I see my team as a second family! I actually enjoy going to work, especially knowing we are doing something that can genuinely make an impact to someone’s everyday life!

Pros

Quarterly pay reviews. Fun working environment. Additional incentives

Cons

The car park needs an upgrade but can’t complain to much

Counter-productive workplace

lots of pressure and no work life balance Very little training when you are starting out Many managers aren't qualified to carry out their roles Most enjoyable part, the events (christmas & the races)

Fun workplace, lots of pressure

Brilliant place to work, lovely people, brilliant management. Growing company so some teething issues which makes the job stressful! A high expectation, but well rewarded if you do your job right. Hard work is a must, laziness pointed out and not tolerated, so not the place for an easy laid back job. Basic salary could be better, but reviewed on a regular basis based on performance. Lots of different departments so very accommodating to everybody’s needs

Pros

Fun atmosphere, subsided parking

Cons

Stressful, money could be better

Cf247

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience working with CarFinance247. Professional, personable and caring environement with room to grow and thrive within a variety of sectors (finance, customer services).

Do Not work here

Do not work for this company, depending on if management like you as a person will determine how far you go, certain managers can do pretty much do anything they like, not come into work have whatever time off etc also very un-appreciative of how much work time and effort you put in with a whole unapproachable attitude towards staff members entirely. Also speaking up when certain managers are wrong can put you under improvement plans? Staff depending on if they can hit numbers don't have to come into the company at all where as others who are on time everyday and come in late once and get disciplinarys/contract terminated...not a great work environment at all !! They expect you to come in on days off if not you will go down in managements eyes, ie if you have kids this will not be the job for you ! You get told of uncapped earnings but commission structure to how many hours you actually put in works out at a ridiculous rate...DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY !!

Procedures on a day to day basis anlong with Company Culture and challenging skills

Scoring calls to make sure they are compliant with regulations. Feeding back to the advisers, help with selling techniques. Promoting compliance culture within the business to ensure that FCA principles are at the heart of the business. Enjoying the challenge of developing new skills.

Pros

Local Business

Cons

Challanges between Managers & Compliance

fun workplace

i enjoyed working at car finance 247 due to it being a very fun workplace. I learnt a lot at car finance 247 and the most enjoyable part of the job was being around the people and the team

great company to work at, listens to everyone's point of view and is constantly trying to find new ways to improve internal processes. Employees are great and the management is really supportive. Managers have a large presence and are involved heavily with projects there is also a monthly company presentation which keeps all staff informed and in the loop. Easy to develop in the company as they will happily put you into training to improve your skills and have research and development days to learn new skills or strengthen existing ones.

Pros

Research and development days, Approachable management, trainign oppurtunities

Rapidly Growing Business - Lots of Opportunity

I've been at the business for almost 2 years. In that time the company has more than trebled in headcount and performance so I've seen first hand the transition from a small to medium company. Previously there has been a high turnover of staff, mainly in the sales office. However there have been multiple reasons for that and since the rebrand in December turnover has vastly reduced. In January a new benefits package was introduced, including a pension - this was one of the reasons why people were leaving. In my department there is a real open door policy. Everyone pulls together and people often go out of their way to help each other. The Express office is next to the Northern Quarter so there are plenty of social events too. Hardest part of the job is the speed of progression. The company is moving forwards so quickly and sometimes you do end up working late. Personally i find that rewarding. Most enjoyable aspect are the people. Everyone is really friendly and can't do enough for you.

Pros

Location, Employees

Cons

Long Hours (Sales)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarFinance 247. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement