Caring Homes Group

Caring Homes Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Caring Homes Group selected this as a representative review
Great team and great residents. Homely atmosphere, no two days are ever the same, but it's fun and rewarding to make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia
11 December 2019
Thank you for your comment. It is great to hear you are enjoying making a positive difference to the lives of those we support.
Well run, safe home for residents. Management team exceptional and head-up a strong professional care team. Beautiful grounds to work in, and to live in.
Pros
Good training
Cons
I worked as a night care assistant 8-8 6 nights on 2 off 3 on 1 off. Very tiring and hard work. Not enough staff and we were getting residents up at 5am. Day staff used to complain that night staff didn't do anything. General cleaning also involved during the night.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, bad management
Needs improvement and good management. There should be changes as staff are old and used to working in a certain way and therefore do not want changes even when it is for the best.
Pros
Cons
Staff not valued
Culture at mill house , bad management , nurses and carers no person centered care no point of service or choices no following policies untruths told I tried for years to change the culture but no respect from management
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Apply for other homes mill house use bad practise no person centered care, no point service, bullying and intimidation, overall management and nurses blame others for their mistakes, they should be there for residents not each other
Caring Homes offer a very suppprtive environment to all its staff. There is lots of encouragement to progress your career and the opportunities are provided to all staff.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Fantastic job working alongside a brilliant team who however, are unappreciated for all they do. Poorly paid compared to same position with other care groups and the bonus scheme is very unfair when certain issues are out of your control. This issue was raised several times but the team we never seriously listened to. Management generally ok as long as sales were being made- at times very little support. The most amazing part of the role- helping to make the residents in the homes smile and being taken care of.
Pros
Work surroundings were nice
Cons
Poor salary
I can not believe the previous review from a RGN.Since I joined StGeorge a couple of years ago I have found staff very friendly, as long as you are prepared to learn and work hard. The admin staff are very helpful and would help you with any problems and they go beyond their job role helping other departments.Never had a problem with my wages.Yes there was a problem with smokers but with new management it is being sorted.I think some Nurses who the company helped immensely just used us to leave and work for NHS.
Pros
Majority of staff work well as a team, Admin staff very approachable
Cons
Pay rates for us Carers
very poorly run, staff work very hard but with no support always understaffed so its an unsafe place to work, several complaints but no one listens just gets brushed under the carpet. culture of bullies within the long term staff. Can never keep hold of staff all the good ones go. seniors waste of time as they get no respect very overworked.i've never known such a back stabbing bunch of kids. training is not up to date,just read the lastest CQC report.......
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Under staffed, only half a day shadowing. No support on weekends especially if you are put on a different floor with no help from the staff again short staffed. Residents were lovely
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage
Thank you caring group for everything, you give me opportunity to learn about job more than I know, anytime I return there for caring groups if they are here close to London I love this company bless you
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The care home was very nice, albeit in need of considerable upgrading, the colleagues were, in the main, hard working and supportive during the first wave of the pandemic, however line management had a very different view of what support means. Having done this job successfully for years, I was made to feel isolated and anxious. After discussing my position with others, it was suggested I take out a grievance, but knowing the company politics, I chose to leave. Nobody asked me why I was leaving. I heard after I had left that staff were told ridiculous reasons why I had left - I hadn't completed an action plan for weeks!! I completed numerous action plans weekly and left a huge amount of information as part of my hand over. My new job is also challenging, but I am very well supported.
Pros
well paid
Cons
lack of support
Working at east hill has given me so many opportunities to learn and completely changed my life the staff are fun to be around and every department pulls together for the residents management is incredibly helpful and allways willing to pitch in
Pros
Opportunities to advance in learning
Cons
Every day is a busy day but we are given the training, the tools and the support to make it a good day for the residents that we care for. The management are very approachable with an open door policy and the senior management at head office listen to our views both positive and negative.So much training offered to suit my role, even through covid - very impressed and looking forward to my future career in this company.
Pros
Resident and staff wellbeing are always priority, excellent care andgreat team
Cons
Never enough time in a day
No clinical support whatsoever from day clinical leaders, smoking staff including administration takes endless smoke breaks.No data protection and privacy relating to residents conditions and staff issues despite having confidentially shared. Nurses covering their rota as carers and management is ok with it as it maintains them within budget . New staff being assigned undertrained buddies. Poor salaries way below average area takings . Whistle blowing numbers and contacts removed from notice boards so as to limit reports !!!Unless somebody intervenes an urgent eye needs to correct these errors .Unpaid breaks yet most times one hardly takes the break due to workload, Clinical leaders confine themselves in one floor the easier one ,they NEVER work or better assess residents in the other floor
Pros
None really
Cons
Administration makes mistakes always with pay roll if you don’t check thoroughly you get underpaid, not a smoker more work for you as the smokers take more breaks outside nearly on an hourly basis
20 November 2020
A new Home manager joined the team in October and has a positive solution focused approach. Following recent feedback staff breaks are being more closely managed to ensure they are fair and consistent to support staff wellbeing for both smokers and non-smokers alike.It is a fundamental part of the role of our Registered Nurses to work with our care teams in order to understand our residents essential care needs as well as to lead, manage and train our care staff teams. This is not part of a cost saving initiative and nurses are paid at their agreed salary rate at all times. A recent pay rise has been awarded to our Registered Nurses and further review underway to ensure remuneration is in line with industry standards and the requirements of the role. New staff are supported by more experienced staff and we have a new starter charter in place to ensure a positive induction period. Whistleblowing contact details are displayed in the staff rooms and an open culture is promoted. There are both night and day clinical leads to support the team, the home manager is also a registered nurse and all work across both floors of the home.
From Day one I was impressed with the person centre care offered to the residents at East Hill. Excellent management, I always feel can approach them. Extra training is offered if I would like to further my knowledge and career. Lovely work environment, staff are willing to help out each other and work together to go the extra mile for the residents. I love that all Staff get involved with activities and events for the residents.
Pros
Fun, Friendly, Fantastic work place
Cons
would like a more competitive wage
20 November 2020
We are delighted to hear of your experience of working for us. Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review.
Worked in a caring homes care home for 1.5 years and managers didn’t even care to learn my name. They don’t like you to spend too much time talking to or getting to know residents- getting the work done is far more important in their eyes. Most staff are miserable with very few exceptions. Not a happy place to work.
Rubbish place to work at,too much stress, too many managers, do not work there in less you want a nervous breakdown ,too many agency,management did not even no their staff as they kept replacing them
Cons
Awful company they don’t care about the care assistants at all ! Management is rubbish I reported so many incidents and nothing was ever done . Easy process to get a job there they don’t care who there bringing in to home at all!!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Management and head office
Worked in the office and it was awful . Bullying in there and also favouritism . They don’t care about the staff they bring in it’s all a numbers game to get your bonus they don’t care who there putting into the care homes . CQC need to pay the office a visit as well as the homes .
Pros
Leaving was the best thing ever
Cons
All of it
20 November 2020
We are very disappointed to note this comment, we do take allegations of bullying very seriously and we take action through our grievance process as soon as we are made aware of such an allegation
If your not in their little mindless group they are horrible people, no medical background think they know it all when have not got a clue . Management does nothing when you approach them with issues why because they are part of the click . Clinical director at home office was sent a letter with all issues large turnover in staff due to bullying not even a response. Corporate office will not even give you email addresses so your forced to write letters. Save yourself from a world of hurt, you want to work in snakepit go for it. Residents beautiful feel sorry for them.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too long to list
  1. Employee reviews