Carlisle Support Services

United Kingdom155 reviews

Insights into Carlisle Support Services

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

Terrible pay

If you go for a job and you are working at the hospital £10 an hour is not enough for the job you do. The job isn’t paid well enough for the what you have to do. The people who work there are sound but for 50p less an hour you can get a minimum wage job a lot less stressful than this and not as much hassle.

Too much expected

Wanted you to do the job of BTP, shoplifting monitor, patrolling,crowd management, suicide watch for £9.50 with very little back up. Not worth the stress.

Chaos and confusion

Shifts changed last minute , can not plan your life , hence no work life balance.Had one shift cancelled with no apology with less than 24 hours notice.But not appreciated when I done similar

Pros

Open air and fun

Cons

Chaos, no continuity of work

I can't say anything good about Carlisle

I can't commit about Carlisle as they are a bad company and bad management never got all uniform got lied to got treated rubbish buy many very two faced I would stay clear from working for them

Cons

It's a step in, but that's all

The staff members and team are amazing. They are who make your day keep going, and keep you from breaking down.The management care more about the profit from their clients than anyone else. Staff members are often treated poorly and the rate of pay is nothing compared to staff in different companies doing the same job.If you're looking for a quick stepinto a further career outside Carlisle, this might work for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Good Employer

This company is a nice multicultural company, I have been fortunate enough to work at a wide variety of events over the years. The nice part for me is the flexibility to pick and choose the events I work at.

Great ground level staff, poor management and overall company.

You’re simply a number, no real progression and poor wages an work life balance for the most part. No overtime rate or night rate and may be forced to do extra hours for minimum wage.

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Too many to list

Great company, depends on which site you're om

I had a year and a half at Carlisle as a security officer. Management were fantastic always there if needed. Was on a site with tupe'd staff so their alignments were not with the company, which made it diffucult to work alongside. Pay was always correct and on time & if there were any issues they were sorted asap with no problems.

Pros

Good management, pay on time

Cons

Some tupe'd co-workers

In month maybe 1 week

I was working for Carlisle support services last year really good management and good pay I want to work again for Carlisle in mobile support officers

It's a easy job.

I enjoyed working for Carlisle 8 hour shifts are good but management leaves a lot to be desired. Also they basically call you up every day off to try and get you to work.

False Culture

Worse company ever worked for, they claim values of an inclusive culture when they don’t practise what they preach avoid at all costs. They fail to pay your sick pay or compassion leave and make excuses all the time. Senior management are poor, have no interest in you

fun place

very nice place to work friendly people and enjoy everytime.e people are very nice and full of confidence love the atmosphere and the hours ? very long

I hated retail security until I came here

Having worked for Asda and Morrisons security, I hated retail security until I came to Carlisle Support services they just do it properly. From being booked for interview to getting help with the application form, the team were so helpful and supportive. The uniform is top of the range with the best equipment, you get paid a really decent wage and it is always on time.Nothing is too much trouble for the team

Great job and great company to work for.

Worked as a Byelaw Enforcement Officer for a number of years. Great job which can be challenging at times but also very rewarding. Patrolling Merseyrail trains and stations providing security to passengers and staff in addition to enforcing byelaws. Fantastic experience and I worked with a great management team.

Pros

Supportive management team. Free Merseyrail travel to and from work.

Cons

None.

Bad management

You’d get rarely any jobs when you do it’s 2/3 hours away, the team leaders ain’t always bad but when you get a bad team leader it’s always you that gets blamed. Not fair work place.

Pros

Get hired car Free hotel

Cons

Less shift, Rude management, Always get blamed for everything, If you have fault with the hired car it’s your responsibility to fix before work

Great people

I work with great people but unfortunately can’t be said about the pay and management. There seems to be no gratification for a job well done which leads to low moral amongst an already depleted work force. This is why it’s like a revolving door in some departments with such a high turn over off staff

Pros

Great people at ground level

Cons

Pay and just basic decency from management

Stay away

Get treated like a number not a person, management don't care about staff, if you get on with an ex member of staff that they don't like they will find the littlest thing to get rid or treat you like rubbish and make you leave, really wouldn't bother working here

Pros

Free travel on merseyrail services and acceptance on Northern trains

Cons

Long hrs. Assaults on a regular basis, non management care

Poor Management

Senior management don't care about any staff. They will try and bully you into doing what they want, when they want. Single handedly the worse company and management I have ever had the unfortune of working for. No set rota, shifts for the week given on a Friday, if you get a job here don't plan a life.

Pros

Staff, middle management.

Cons

Everything else, none more so than upper management.

Completive work place

All in all not a bad place to work. they have plenty of recognition schemes. The salary is about average for this type of work, plenty of opportunities if want to advance.

Pros

Once you have been fully trained and competent there is no interference from the management.

Hourly rate needs a serious increase

Job essentially requires you to be a police officer whilst having a door Supervisor badge. High staff turnover, bad unsocial hours. Deal with all kinds of people with out the right pay rate. A million better jobs out there.

Pros

Going to different Cities, seeing different towns every day, Free Travel Pass for family

Cons

Two face coworkers, low wage, No assistance when needed, unsocial hours, No overtime Rate, No designated lunch area, No Designated Toilets

Avoid

The company is rubbish don’t support you general manager a back stabbing get No help and management ignore you.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Carlisle Support Services with

• Carlisle Support Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?