Carlisle Support Services

Carlisle Support Services Employee Reviews

Worked for Carlisle and was told the shifts were 4 on and 4 off well that never happened and I was put here their and every were never had a weekend off in 8 months was with the company for over a year no uniform . Wages was always on time some shifts I never did get paid for
Cons
Long hours no home time
I worked for Carlisle support services in Liverpool for over 15yrs they are a good company if your starting out in the railway industry there's loads to learn about the job I made some great work mates over the years who left I've now left for a while there are some people who are not nice to you but ignore them you will get on great with others.
Pros
Good mates
Cons
Stressful sometimes
I loved working for the company, and at the same time enjoyed with working with different people as it was a very positive minded team. The flexibility of the scheduling was perfect as the colleagues were understanding.
Pros
Break given
Cons
Short notices.
Worst company IV ever worked for. management are a joke and thay make it clear that thay have no respect for staff. and that's if you can get in touch with them. uniform was a challenge to get as is anything else you ask for
Pros
Wage was always right
Cons
Bad management
Staff very 2 faced and a lot of back stabbing..great to be out of this I had many staff members talk about me but not man enough to tell me DONT WORK THERE AT ANY COST
Pros
Erm let me think oh yes none
Cons
Too much they wanted off an sia badge holder
Attitude or managers was very poor, especially when the cleaner is a higher grade than security and dictates what shifts you are on. Managers don't listen to employees views. Lots of work place bullying and no back up from company. No stab vests yet work in a high risk area, and no back up as not allowed to work together. Asked to do nights when your going away next day. Very poorly run company. No regular shift pattern so this in turn means you have to use leave to cover shifts that you would normally be off for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for bad pay
Bad pay long hours, no bonuses, earlies and nights in same week, no extra pay for nights or weekends. Hard to get holiday you have to earn it 1 hour holiday per 8 hours worked.Not enough shifts going at the moment yet they decide to hire more people. And you only get your shifts for the following week on a Thursday or Friday so you can't make plans.
Pros
Colleuges
Cons
To many to list.
Management aloud and sometimes encourage the slagging off of other employees either former or still working 10/10 do not work there
Pros
Cons
bad management
I worked for this company for a few months very disorganised . to many rules if you work days nights same money if your part of the group you will be ok .
Pros
Finished
Cons
Very disorganised
I think the company as a whole are mistaken in putting what the say into practice, which cannot help the company and there communication skills leave something to be desired, I am going to say something now which genuinely upsets me as I really want to work but not for a company like Carlisle support Services.
Cons
Carlisle are the best company you ever work with, they look after their staff, you get break on time and you get paid according to your hours. I recocomed to work for them.
Useless company dont care about the workers only contact you when they have a problem . Poor pay nothing extra for nights. Lack off stock . To be honest nothing good to say about Carlisle
Cons
At Carlisle, each day presents its ups and downs retaining convenience for career growth. Working on the shop floor alongside a supportive team and dealing with customers, the role is flfilling.
Carlisle Support Services as a company are great, no issues with pay or holiday but Wolverhampton NHS site is run poorly by the management in charge of that site, excluding the NHS Security Managers who are very good at what they do. • Lack of Management Experience The management have no previous management experience, one was once a office person and the other a security supervisor. • Lack Of Experienced Guards When full time guards call in sick/annual leave you’re left with agency guards who are very inexperienced and will not help restrain difficult patients/visitors when required. They often don’t know the site and a regular guard is left to do all three patrol routes, ward patrols and car park checks on their own. • Poor Equipment/Radios/Bodyworn Camera Personal Radios often don’t work in certain areas of the site, leaving guards unable to reach the control room if an emergency came about or reply to control room messages. This was reported to management numerous times but told there wasn’t a problem when clearly there is. Body Worn cameras are often not fully charged or charged at all and when attending incidents you’re left unable to provide evidence of aggressive situations/assualts/being accused of things. • Company Van Is Dangerous The company van is unroad worthy, engine light is constantly on, oil light is constantly on,no lights work other than the fog lights, brakes are near enough non existent, steering often locks. The van has been in and out of the garage but not fully repaired even tho reported to the management yet you’re expected to still - more...
When i started all was good but after first month my wages were always wrong and had to wait until my next payday for what i was owed. sometimes it took longer as i always had to remind them. they always ran out of products needed to do the job at hand and then got a ear full when jobs were not done to standard.
If you find yourself working for Carlisle support services for their railway division, then good luck. There is a multitude of issues within the company, if not being the overbearing management who are almost incompetent, maybe it'll be the fact that they say you're "trying to pull the wool over their eyes" if you don't have the numbers they expect you to get. The benefits aren't worth the stress, the money isn't either. If you have no other option then good luck, otherwise i'd find any other minimum wage job to apply for.
Pros
free railway travel
Cons
hours are awkward. Management is a mess.
Carlisle Senior Management are fair and the company is overall the best security based company I have for. If basic wages were higher for junior staff, many would have a better work-life balance which is important due to the stressful nature of the roles they perform. One or two managers do not like female mangers and will try to set them up the difficulty for them when the female staff are quick to spot their sexism Having a stable staff is important and managers must learn to retain more suitable staff who have a positive work ethic that can only be realised by increasing better basic wages and start training programs that encourage staff to perform better.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company and plenty of prestige contracts however I go to work for the money and not the love of the job as I have a young family to support and I have a sick wife who I have to care for in between shifts. What I didn't need was constant pay errors that added to the stress of life. Having to wait over a month for an underpayment of wages is unacceptable.
I worked for Carlisle at the Tottenham football ground as a 24/7 security team for 15months, I received no training and very poor management and admin and chronic shortages of staff. The quality of staff was mostly very poor with a few decent ones. And still waiting for my final bits 4 months after having my contract terminated.
Training is poor and they dont give a dam who the take on they just want to fill the spaces in the rota and you have to be in the click to move on in the company
Agency staff will always be treated as such at eurotunnel, paid little, blamed for everything that goes wrong and built on false promises. The work is fairly easy but its mostly out in all weathers, certain thing youre not allowed to wear to keep warm even if the do constitue PPE. The people you work with are the highlight, but thats all really.