Carlisle Support Services

Carlisle Support Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom167 reviews

uniformsecurityshiftofficersupportcontractwagenight

Terrible pay

If you go for a job and you are working at the hospital £10 an hour is not enough for the job you do. The job isn’t paid well enough for the what you have to do. The people who work there are sound but for 50p less an hour you can get a minimum wage job a lot less stressful than this and not as much hassle.

Almost all management are bullies

I worked for carlisle for 4 an a half years and became a duty manager within a year no interviews and never seen a contract in that time.Pay was very poor as on other contracts guards were on more an hour than me as a duty manager and when management over me were asked whats going on they just came up with bull.Would never work for them again!!!

Insights into Carlisle Support Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Enjoyable place to work

I have worked a few different contracts with Carlisle and can honestly say enjoyed them all so far. Such a diverse company, they have something for everyone and are willing to help you however they can.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Pay could be better

Avoid at all costs

I I worked for Carlisle for years and it was alright at first. Then alot of the management left and that's when it all started to go downhill, they don't listen and treat you unfairly by trying push their faults onto you! Ended up in a really bad place when I was working here because the management treated me so badly whilst trying to make out I was a liar and not allowing me to have days off for important things. They also have the majority of their staff on 0 hour contracts so they don't have to pay sick pay. The only reason people stay with them is because of the weekly pay!

Pros

Cons

Bad management, poor welfare, poor pay

Productive Company with lots of Training and Upskilling available

Carlisle Support services are a good company if you are looking for a secure position. They offer lots of upskilling and training and I have worked my way up to Supervisor level really quickly

Great culture & work life balance

Great place to work with wonderful managers and people, everyone is super friendly, helpful and the work life balance and benefits help a lot. Clear progression paths.

Great company and people

Fast paced and enjoyable place to work, the head office and regional teams are supportive and collaborative. My objectives are clear and I'm trusted to do my best work, but I also have expertise and guidance on tap when I need it.

Unfair environment

Overall company has lot of work. Work load is more then what we get paid.Unfair and favouritism environment and very depressed environment.No support.

Pros

Job Security & lot of work available

Cons

No future & progress within company.

Bad really bad

Sounded like a very good job with training etc etc. I soon learnt that shifts kept being changed at the last minute. Shift patterns were changed all the time. Staff were very discontented with the firm. The managers seemed OK but the ones doing the scheduling were useless. I couldn't plan anything needless to say I jacked it in after a month. A really high turnover of staff. Poorly paid. Considering the importance of the Channel Tunnel contract you would think Carlisle would get their act together, pay staff a decent wage etc etc. Pay more when on nights not the same. Sort out shifts well in advance so staff can plan a social life. I feel sorry for the younger ones there who are trapped. I've been lucky and worked for some good companies but this one isn't . I have to say its shambolic.

good place to work

The management really cared and looked out for me from my first shift which was lovely. They have a good attitude and get on with the employees so well. The people who work there are also wonderful and so easy to get on with. Can be a difficult job as lots of standing but overall really good and easy work.

One large family

Lack of back up from managers. One person car searches and managers say yes. No sick pay, poor hourly rate. But a feeling of one large family. Needs more time to be a good employer . Loved being in the family until you realise you have no back up !

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

No back up, no sick pay, poor hourly rate

Decent workplace

It’s a good company however no job security good for money if you put in the hours you will literally have no life. The team was great, they can jump on you for the slightest mistake. So don’t make any mistakes just get you’re experience and leave

Too much expected

Wanted you to do the job of BTP, shoplifting monitor, patrolling,crowd management, suicide watch for £9.50 with very little back up. Not worth the stress.

Chaos and confusion

Shifts changed last minute , can not plan your life , hence no work life balance.Had one shift cancelled with no apology with less than 24 hours notice.But not appreciated when I done similar

Pros

Open air and fun

Cons

Chaos, no continuity of work

I can't say anything good about Carlisle

I can't commit about Carlisle as they are a bad company and bad management never got all uniform got lied to got treated rubbish buy many very two faced I would stay clear from working for them

Cons

It's a step in, but that's all

The staff members and team are amazing. They are who make your day keep going, and keep you from breaking down.The management care more about the profit from their clients than anyone else. Staff members are often treated poorly and the rate of pay is nothing compared to staff in different companies doing the same job.If you're looking for a quick stepinto a further career outside Carlisle, this might work for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Good Employer

This company is a nice multicultural company, I have been fortunate enough to work at a wide variety of events over the years. The nice part for me is the flexibility to pick and choose the events I work at.

Very good company to work for

Well organised company good management good pay on time get visit form manager regular for tool box good with uniform if need any help manager is always in good communication what ever is issue

Great ground level staff, poor management and overall company.

You’re simply a number, no real progression and poor wages an work life balance for the most part. No overtime rate or night rate and may be forced to do extra hours for minimum wage.

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Too many to list

Great company, depends on which site you're om

I had a year and a half at Carlisle as a security officer. Management were fantastic always there if needed. Was on a site with tupe'd staff so their alignments were not with the company, which made it diffucult to work alongside. Pay was always correct and on time & if there were any issues they were sorted asap with no problems.

Pros

Good management, pay on time

Cons

Some tupe'd co-workers

In month maybe 1 week

I was working for Carlisle support services last year really good management and good pay I want to work again for Carlisle in mobile support officers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement