Carlton Clubs (Carlton Bingo)

Carlton Clubs (Carlton Bingo) Employee Reviews

There were a lot of ups and downs for this place, a lot of the staff members are very happy, helpful and cheerful. The past year or so has been a bit tricky due to various circumstances but the employees were still eager and determined to do their best in their departments.
The staff are great, help each other out and make it an okay place to work. Managers on the other hand, well, they hang around you like a bad smell. On looking and commenting on the job you’d be doing but not actually contributing until their boss walked in the room. Would be rules for some people and none for others. Favouritism is rife. Shift schedules would be changed at a moments notice without informing staff and you’d then be pulled up for being late or in the wrong department regardless of it not being your own fault. I could go on but honestly save yourself the hassle. They’ve currently been letting staff go at the moment too so if they are hiring in the near future, I wouldn’t bet on your job being permanent...
What could be a great place to work is ruined by terrible management who bully staff. It is a toxic environment with little career progression for staff without a university education to manage a bingo hall.
Pros
Free lunch at training
Cons
My loyalty was questioned hard at my first interview because they couldn't keep staff in for long enough. Shortly found that out after starting with the amount of people coming and going. Waited 6 months for their staff turnover to stabilise so I could receive other training in other areas. Unfortunately covid happened but I was let go after 5months of waiting to go back and a week before we reopened. Wouldnt work for a company like this who only care for themselves and their employees are nothing more than just an item to the..
Pros
Some staff are nice to work with
Cons
Split shifts, management, fairness
I had the most horrendous experience working in partick Carlton. Watch out for one of the caller's a guy small nasty bully. The general manager should have been sacked for how she treated me . Also there r rats in the building and they continue to sell food.
Pros
Cons
Management bullies, staff bullies and rats for company as the r in the building.
So I love my job at Carlton, I’ve learnt so much over a small period of time, from running my own bar to handling large amounts of money, if you need the experience then it’s a good job, however you do have to work split shifts which is something they don’t tell you when applying for the job. The staff are one of the best parts of the job, they all like to have a laugh and a joke even when it gets stressful. Management can be difficult at times... and sometimes can feel that there not always on your side. However I have had good feedback and advice off them when I really needed it. Working split shifts means you have no social life so when applying keep that In mind. Overall would recommend for gaining experience, and making new friends. Just a few things to bare in mind
Carlton Bingo is a great place to work, friendly atmosphere, staff and management . They have a good work, life balance. An understanding and support employer.
Too much two faced too much stress boss is useless never there slags everyone off aswell as customers treat ya like rubbish !! AVOID AVOID AVOID The job was great tbh just the people they have working for them thats not ok alot of things going on behind the scenes !! If you want to be torn down mentally and physically then this job is for you.!
Carlton Bingo is a great company to work for. The company invest a lot of time training its staff to give them the skills required to work in all the different departments which makes it a varied and enjoyable place to work. The working environment can be fast paced at times however this makes the time pass very quickly and the customers are all there to enjoy themselves, which makes it a fun place to work. I would thoroughly recommend Carlton as a place to work, as there is a lot of variety in the working day and it is a very social working environment.
Managers do nothing Except sit in the office. Training non existent told just to get on with it. Staff no even thanked for the help they put in very soul destroying
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
2 hour shift gap
Loved every minute of working for them and its a shame we were all made redundent the hours were excellent and customers were great this was a new exsperience i enjoyed
Some off the staff was amazing to work with but some off them where also two faced and spoke behind each other’s backs they where forever ignoring each other during busy times the way one off the managers speaks to her staff is disgusting you get paid for holidays if booked in plenty notice you don’t get paid for handing sick lines etc. Wouldn’t recommended tbf
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours and way your spoken to
Carlton is a friendly working environment where career progression is encouraged. As a small company everyone works together and the directors know you by name and actively look to get to know you. Hours are long at times but it is the Leisure industry.
was a great place to work was like a little family i was the bar and bistro team leader i was a duty manager and a key holder as working with customers every day i feel i can work in any environment with the public
I gained plenty of confidence working here learning new departments from calling bingo numbers in front of hundreds of people to running a bar on my own. This fast paced environment allows plenty of fun and lots of customer interaction. The staff work effectively as a team ensuring targets are met. A typical day consists of serving food and drinks and general customer care. The hardest part are the long split shifts and the best being the fun loving team who make the job exciting.
Having worked for the company for over 20 years and joining in a junior position they have encouraged myself development to progress my career. The company is appreciative of your hard work, management are helpful and always checking to see if you are happy/confident in your tasks. The job provides a great variety no day is the same in the bingo industry.
I started off as a Trainee Team Assistant when I was at university and worked my way up to Team Manager level. I was given the chance as a trainee to learn many different departments including calling, bar, bistro & booksales. The company provided lots of different training opportunities and I attended courses on Food Hygiene, Licensing Laws, GamCare, Fire Safety Training, First Aid & Alcohol Licensing. The company pays the National Minimum Wage for all new employees regardless of age, this then went up after my probationary period (12 weeks). Working as part of a large team increased my teamwork and interpersonal skills. I really enjoyed my time with Carlton, it's a great company to work for with a huge focus on staff development and progression.
Pros
Training Opportunites
I worked in the morning as a cleaner then went back in the afternoon to do my shift after my shift i would clean the bingo ready for the evening session then i would go in for my evening shift. My afternoon shift i was the cashier and the evening i worked with the bandits. Once a week i would do a extra shift by coming in to do the bandits i would empty them and count all the money making sure that i didnt mix the money up and do the paperwork. I sometimes used to fix the bandits if they stopped . i really enjoyed working at carlton as most of the customers were old and they are so funny. I also did the stocktaking every week the beers and the draught beer which was a challenge. I also did a lot of course when i worked there like COSHTH, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, HEALTH AND HYGIENE i also did a couple of computer course in my own time which helped my in my job
Pros
near home
Cons
late nights
I had various roles in the company so no day was the same. My main jobs included, Bar/bistro supervisor and bookseller/cashier. When I worked in the bistro I was in charge of ordering stock/ monitoring stock levels, cooking breakfast lunch and tea in bulk for customers /staff. If i'm honest I loved the busy atmosphere of the kitchen, I would work alone or as part of a team. I think the hardest part of this roll was getting food prepared in the allocated time given. When I worked as bookseller/cashier I spent my day selling books/boards to customers wanting to play bingo, I would be in charge of a safe holding ÂŁ18.000. I was also trusted with safe keys/building keys, I would input daily sales money intake in to club administration. The hardest part of this roll was to ensure the safe was balanced at the end of my day. I loved my 13 years at the Carlton bingo I learned a great deal which include. Time management, Meeting deadlines and the importance of great customer service also how to supervise in a correct manor.
Pros
working with a fantastic team
Cons
unsociable working hours
Carlton was a fun, varied working environment that allowed a range of different work experiences from Catering, Bar work and others. The management team is very dedicated to their staff's well being and advancement. Different levels are attainable within the business and management encourage ambition in their staff.
Pros
Specal staff lunch price.
Cons
Split shifts
About this bingo job well... There was always a different job to do in the bingo hall... Bingo calling Cooking Cash handling Cleaning Very friendly place of work