Carmarthenshire County Council

Carmarthenshire County Council Employee Reviews

Very good place to work if you want to advance your training and skills. Management very accommodating and supportive. Always felt listened to and knew who to go to if there was an issue. Fast paced and can be long hours but such is the nature of the job.
Pros
Good pay and supportive management
Cons
Can be long hours and a lot of driving
I had fun working around alot of different people and places which made the jobs I had more fun to work at, issues were resolved quite quickly with management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours are few and far between. Due to being lower down the careers level, there’s no respect. Due to the job in its self, the higher end staff treat you with very little respect and watch you constantly. No furlough giving with the council, even tho it was said verbally, it was not received. They didn’t even phone you to confirm that you will not be given the furlough scheme. They employ more members of staff even thou there are no hours.
Pros
Cons
No further for development
Every day is a good day the boys on lorry are all good bunch we all have good laughs some day are grap because rain in hour your wet but then it go faster .
Working for Carmarthenshire County Council was a great first job as it gave me regular, good working hours accompanied by a good hourly rate. The working environment is great as my work colleagues were very supportive and helpful, everyone worked well as a team and looked out for one another. The work was hard but due to having good colleagues and managers, was always made fun. A typical work day included a number of activities besides being a lifeguard such as cleaning and setting up activities so I was always on my feet. The work improved my self confidence and ability to take control of situations and believe in myself. The hardest part of the job was being a swimming instructor as it can be a stressful job when under staffed, however, all of the teachers and lifeguards would work together to overcome any problems. The best part of the job was the connections and friendships I formed, also the job helped me throughout my final school years and supplied me with the money I needed to get my drivers licence and a car.
Very good place to work, short working hours to fit around childcare ect. good pay package to go with it and get all of the school holidays off. flexibility is good for this role incase they need you elsewhere.
The council are notoriously slow in everything they do, this remains an issue when working for them. Depending whether you’re lucky you could attend training for your role immediately or like many, wait months - then waiting to start is another story. You will not be provided with uniform (which the employer is responsible fo supplying) for a good while. Management are all lovely, I have not met a single home manager that has a bad managerial attitude, they are all great (from what I’ve seen). You could work a ton of shifts one week and next to nothing the next.
Relaxed environment most of the time ,too much back stabbing and falseness not a good working environment most people unhappy but that's mostly a people issue otherwise be a good place to work
Do not work for this company if your face doesn’t fit your in trouble, more worried about policies and procedures rather than personal, no common sense whatsoever
Careline was a truly rewarding experience of helping people that needed assistance. Very fast pace of working due to the number of calls taken Out of hours calls for 5 counties covering a large part of Wales.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carmarthenshire County Council?
Terrible local authority. Managers are self serving bullies who only care about their jobs. Even in the so called "caring professions" the management is appalling.
Good working atmosphere, supportive senior staff. Good work benefits, secure job, training always provided. Chances to job share or early retirement. All round good employer.
The culture in the council seems positive at first but you will always work second to their agenda even at the expense of your personal life. Some people like it but if you are family orientated it may not be for you.
Overall my job was to supervise children on their lunchtimes, making sure they were all safe and accounted for. Most days I would volunteer in a year 1 class which was fun! I helped the children with their work and with day to day activities.
Pros
When you have helped a child learn something new
Management was hands off and did not show great leadership, however the line manager and other staff were great at helping where needed. Varied tasks, fun environment, but emphasis on work. Poor culture outside of work, limited interactions. Budgetary concerns limited advancement within organization, however opportunities for transference to other departments was available and encouraged.
Pros
Good atmosphere, job security, good pension, long breaks
Cons
Poor work-life balance, low culture, little management, budgetary concerns limited advancement and security
Pay received by tutor relies on attendance of pupil and tutor. It is an interesting job and the hourly rate is good. However, you have to pay for everything yourself, eg, petrol, photocopying and wear and tear of car. After paying for all of this, the hourly rate does not seem that good. Also, it is casual work - ie, no contract. Pupils can be located anywhere in the county of Carmarthenshire which is geographically big.
Pros
Interesting.
Cons
Unreliable regaring pay.
average job not bad to work for if you want extra staff but management saint good and hardly bother with you, just go to work and get on with it,overtime can be good if your a reliable worker
Committed a lot of time to working at CCC. Treated poorly. Behaviour policy not followed by management Poor organisation. Support system very unaffective
I work with people from varied backgrounds and a variety of skills. My job requires me to have patience empathy knowledge and good humour. I work as a team member and as an individual. The council has many good courses to attend therefore improving my skills.
Pros
Varied meet new people
Cons
Pay could be better.
Carmarthenshire country council are friendly, fun and helpful staff. All staff are easy to get along with and are genuinely seeking you to improve your work place slills.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Stressful work
such a good place to work,no day is the same, the life style balance is good and good rate of pay. I enjoyed assisting the children to and from school.
Pros
good pay