Carmichael UK logo
Carmichael UK

Carmichael UK Employee Reviews

Exceptional People

They provide jobs continously. The recruitors are very professional, well organised and friendly. They always check up on workers on site/ subcontractors to make sure all is well.

Trustworthy and honest

CUK offered me a Steel Fixers job and told me it was for a minimum of 2 weeks but could be more. I had heard this plenty of times from agencies where the work finishes after a week! But this time the work lasted for 6 weeks, and then CUK moved me on to another job. Very pleased.

Pros

Honest and always ready to help.

Trades and Labour

The trade and labour team at Carmichael have always provided a good service to me. I get weekly calls to see if I got paid and I'm happy on site. Also a Manager or Consultant visits site on a regular basis to check we are ok

A company with strong values

I have been with CarmichaelUK for over 10 years and have enjoyed my time here. I think part of the reason that I have stayed so long is that the company does care about its employees and always has an honest approach. During my employment I have had the chance to progress in my career and have been supported through out. There is a good mix of staff, which makes an excellent working environment. The working day is busy but there is always support from the management team. Within my time at CarmichaelUK the company has grown considerably but has always maintained its core values of honesty, integrity and professionalism.

good relaxed professional operation

Carmichael's placement is an enjoyable workplace with both fun loving professional people both on present project and within Carmichael's. The hardest part of day being leaving a good team of like minded guys , with best returning to the friendly banter and Carmichael's caring approach.

Pros

Caring company

Cons

long distance travel

Great company to work for

CarmichaelUk are a company who invest a lot of time and effort into developing their employees and ensuring that opportunities are made available for career progression and personal development. Having worked at CarmichaelUK for nearly six years, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and appreciated the opportunities that have opened up for me. A great working environment and friendly working atmosphere with everyone being appreciated for the contribution they make.

Pros

Professional, high invest in people, friendly atmosphere

Proffesional, Accomadating and Reliable Recruitment Firm

Carmichaels have been a professional and accommodating recruitment firm. They are always on hand to help and provide a contract/Job that suit your skill sets.

Pros

Reliability

Profesional and friendly service

CUK have always delivered a very professional service. They are always available to assist with any issues. They have always been able too offer me good work opportunities.

Pros

Works oppertunities

Proud Employee

Initially as a freelance engineer, the project opportunities and honest career advice from the CarmichaelUK team set them apart from all other civil engineering recruitment agencies. This lead me into a recruitment role within the business, and I have not looked back since. The core values of Honesty, Integrity and Professionalism are evident throughout all parts of the business; from payroll and finance, through to the recruitment team. This makes me proud to be part of CarmichaelUK. A forward thinking company, the directors constantly invest in their staff and systems, with consistent training and upskilling at all levels across the business. Career progression and aspirations are tracked, and there is excellent staff recognition and benefit scheme.

Pros

Family-run business, Employee Benefit Scheme, Hard work and loyalty rewarded.

Being a smaller company there is a great team environment that you don't find in bigger companies which is great. Everyone is approachable and does their best to help you whenever you ask for assistance. The work is interesting, challenging and every day is different which I like because it provides the variety that I think is important for all jobs. Really enjoying it.

Jobs at Carmichael UK

See more jobs

Recruitment experts

They helped to find me a contracting role. Communication was excellent, very professional in all their dealings with me, nothing was ever an issue when I needed help

Helpful, friendly & knowledgeable staff

Carmichaels staff go the extra mile to ensure the candidate is both happy and suited to the role they are placed in, They have great knowledge of the construction industry and have provided excellent guidance to me through the years, resulting in me having worked on and gained invaluable experience on some large projects through out London. They have guided and helped me throughout my career to date. Cannot recommend enough!

Pros

good money, good choice of work opportunities, friendly and helpful workforce

Cons

long hours!

Excellent agency to work with!

In the 4 years I have worked with Carmichaels the recruitment team have always been great to deal with. Over the years the team have taken the time to get to know me and put me forward for jobs that suit my skills and personality.

A very reliable company for finding work

Carmichael have often found me very good projects with short notice. When I moved to the UK, they helped me to get all the things done to be working within a week. They are in regular contact with me to ensure that I am happy on projects. I would recommend them to any engineer/surveyor arriving in the country for the first time. They help to make a smooth transition and are supportive.

Pros

Access to Tier 1 contractors/projects

I definitely recommend it !

They have helped me to find good permanent job very quickly. Great contact, very nice and helpful people. I definitely recommend this company.

Simple and effective......

I was requested to use the services of an Employment Agency by my current Client, as I am self employed. I chose Carmichael as I new several colleagues who also used them. The transition was far simpler than I had imagined and my Account Manager is always on hand to answer any query I have. And I have my invoices paid weekly, bonus!!

Pros

Weekly account credits

Cons

More paperwork

Great company

Fast paced and quality orientated recruitment agency. Great staff and great working environment. Diverse and professional atmosphere.

Progressive Leader and challenging

Have worked with the company since 2011 across multi-remits. A family run business that values your commitment and contribution to achieve success. The skills and experience gained during my tenure are invaluable to my on-going career development. The company is 100% committed to the well-being of both staff and their customers.

Pros

Access to MD 24/7, team work to deliver

Cons

Long day, no office puppy!

Five stars overall

Carmichael UK is a very good company to work for. Throughout my time with them I have received professional, efficient and friendly service. As a Setting Out Engineer each work day is a valuable experience.The mates and management are great.The hardest part of the job was the need of permanently acquiring new english technical words,but sametime meant a great achievement. The Recruiters do their best to get you work at a decent rate,always taking an interest in all employees and their work.Very helpful, friendly professional staff!

Helpful staff, inclusive workplace,

My recruiter has been good with her consistent check ups of how I am progressing on site and how my role is going - checking whether I enjoy the role and that it meets my expectations. In setting up my account with Carmichaels, I had constant support in obtaining the correct documents which I found daunting being my first contracting role. I have had some contact with other carmichaels employers and they have been forthcoming with their experiences and learnings.

Pros

Simple process, weekly pay, no need to chase my employer for pay

Cons

Getting set up was a long and confusing process, Recruiters would often leave me in the dark with how job prospects were progressing.

London

Everything is depend about the project. What you learn is depend on you. If you will be more involve you have to show that. Management is good open maid and helpful as well. Co-Workers all. The hardest part of the job is long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carmichael UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6