Carnell Support Services Ltd
Happiness score is 67 out of 100
View all Carnell Support Services Ltd reviews

Carnell Support Services Ltd

Carnell Support Services Ltd Employee Review

Too much responsibility too little experience

I had sssts and had supervised on many projects in the civil engineering /construction industry. But to act as site manager on a highways england motorway enclosure overwhelmed me. My background was drainage and on my last mentor shift I had 20 vehicles. I never had the experience and other supervisors at carnell never had a cscs black card despite being there years. I had a broad background and white card but had training needs. The next shift I was expected to be alone. I told them I wasn't competent for the job. They were great about it.I just feel they need to have a training plan to move men in supervisory roles towards black card and the essential training it involves.Sssts can't act as manager for a site on highways england.

Pros

Supportive of staff when raised worries

Cons

High expectations from under qualified staff.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Terrible head office

Promised a job, not heard a thing back. Terrible organisation and in general terrible management. Just leave you on the Learch awaiting a call from someone that doesn’t really exist.

Pros

Cons

Lots
Same role

Dreadful company to work for. Avoid at all costs

Contract Managers have little experience within the industry. One occasion instructing to excavate in an area knowingly there was a presence of asbestos reported in the works. Very worrying company could not leave quick enough.
Same location

Good place, pay could be better

I enjoyed working here but the pay could’ve been better. Also couldn’t plan much as it involves a lot of working away from home and location could change at the drop of a hat this is also the same as to working hours. One day could be on days then back out that night.That being said it was a great place to learn new skills, met some great people and the management was great.

Pros

Progression, skills, environment

Cons

Working away, shift changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnell Support Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Carnell Support Services Ltd with

Learn about Carnell Support Services Ltd in popular locations

• Carnell Support Services Ltd
  • Too much responsibility too little experience