Carpenters Solicitors

Carpenters Solicitors Management reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

Clear

Nice staff and team leaders but there is a power dynamic

Worked here a while and could never fault colleagues or most of the team leaders. However, some team leaders and management let power get to their head. Breaks are awful, only allowed 11 minutes during a 6hr shift - including using the toilet etc. Due to covid, training on new schemes become really lacking and now generally, they just send an email with big updates which isn’t good enough really. The forefront of this company is the first response, and they’re probably treated the worst. Not all bad! A lot of amazing people to work with but a typical office environment.

Pros

Staff & team leaders

Cons

Unsatisfactory training

Stressful , no care for mental health

Caseloads are ridiculously high and unmanageable. Constant complaints and clients kicking off with us yet we can’t tell them why we don’t have time to deal with their case ! Full time people are on over 800 and part time over 600. Ask to be taken off case allocation they will put you back on anyway a week later. Send emails regarding mental health all the time yet don’t care about their staff and what stress they are putting them through. People going on stress sick and leaving left right and centre so the people that are working are left with everyone else’s work to deal with !! Salary not worth what you have to deal with everyday

Pros

Absolutely nothing no benefits whatsoever

Cons

High case loads, disregard for mental health, poor management, nothing in return for working hard

They don’t care about the staff. All about the money

They pay is horrible. The office is outdated and gross. All they care about is the money. They don’t supply you with any work supplies. Stay away if you can!!

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Don’t look after employees

Can you jump in please?

Micromanagement Filth. RTA should be simple but you are targeted on every little thing. Even timed on toilet breaks! Just look at the reviews of the company.

Pros

Finishing a shift

Cons

Starting a shift

Management are in qliques, some not qualified as solicitors.

Lots of turnover, people leaving to protect their own sanity and health. You'll be made to park in unsafe areas during night time to allow the favoured staff to use the facilities. Flexi time cannot be credited back most of the time, bonus' unachieveable and no direction from the company communicated to employees. Lots of managers come and go when they please on their own hours that no one knows about. Shame that really good legal advisors are positioned to fail and never progress in a firm that has great sources and should really treat their staff better.

Pros

Good quality of work from sources

Cons

The management. Lack of communication. Feeling like a number opposed to a person.

Under paid for national average wage, no opportunities to progress

Under paid for national average wage, no opportunities to progress. Management styles vary and there is lack of direction firm wide in the sense that staff are not invested in nor informed of ways to progress. Poor support when away from office and lack of contact with vulnerable staff.

Poor place to work

Very stressful environment, management are pathetic and self serving who love to cheer themselves. Health Warning Carpenters will seriously damage your health!! Stay away.

Working at carpenters

I started work in January 2019. Great initial training but the computer system leaves a lot to be desired. the cases are good and the systems are good too but beware of the management as they are unfair and some are dreadful. only my view of course

Productive enviroment.

(Former Employee) –2019 Where can I start, Managers in Carpenters are clueless at their job roles. They Company will fail it's audit, you think your data is safe in this company, think twice. When I first started everyone seems nice. Everything turned sour at the end. Be prepared to be thrown in the deep end, constant bullying, complaints are never dealt with and ignored by managers. In one ear out the other like it never happened. Always software problems when working on daily tasks, I.T equipments and network are constant breaking down. Canteen way to small, no hot food. Going out on lunch, nowhere to go. Only home & bargins. Salaries are below the minimum. Other places advertise more for the same job role. No sign of progression or training. Parking is terrible. Car park is always full. Force to park outside the Company premises, infested by flock of seagulls in the area. Feces dropping everyday on my car. Good luck whoever joins this company.

Pros

Flexi

Cons

Poor management.

Avoid

Just don’t even bother’ it used to be nice but they’ve grown so big that the staff don’t really matter anymore! I left due to stress (in the olden days before companies were bothered about staff mental health)! No chance of progression - unless your face fits!!

Pros

Cons

Zero compassion for staff

Worst run firm ever

Where do I start! Bullies run the place Hire and fire mentality by Scallies Minimum wage for Roles that should be £22- £24000. IT breaks down daily. Not enough Car Parking Canteens way too small. No extra pay when working till 8 Regularly dismiss staff unfairly for sadistically reasons. Line Managers do absolutely nothing except chat to each other. Multi millionaire boss yet staff on minimum wage! Total joke 1/10 rating

Pros

Better than Dole

Cons

See above. Slave Labour

Management is poor, constant bullying.

This Company is one of the worst place to work for, you see people constantly bullied by Managers. Managers are to laid back for there job roles. They pretend to be working, but nothing gets done in this place. People come and go in this place like flies. Parking is terrible most of the reserved space is taken up by useless Managers and a whole row for visitors that don't get used. Poor standard of I.T equipment, there's never a day where I.T equipment would break down. Constant network problems within the Company. Even McDonalds have better I.T equipment and fast services. No mention of pay-rise or progression.

Pros

Flexi

Cons

Management skill within the Company

good workplace

good workplace , comfortable atmosphere. Gained Knowledge in the insurance world. good management system. the hardest part-dealing with difficult customers.

Pros

experience

Cons

backlog

If the face fits

Terrible working conditions at the seacombe office. Car parking is a nightmare, work place bullying from team leaders, literally if your face doesn’t it youhave no chance to progress, praise is never given. Once you give in your notice you are constantly pulled in for trival agendas and even ignored by managers.

Pros

Flexi and medicash

Cons

No praise, horrible team leaders, vile offices

Good benefits

Lovely people, good benefits but sadly common sense doesn’t not always prevail when management decisions are made. Targets sets aren’t achievable making job satisfaction only available to a minority. Location is good but parking is a nightmare.

Benefits

Cons

Management/unachievable targets

Bullying culture (hopefully now changed)

During my time at Carpenters it was rife with a bullying culture, with humiliation at the core of most of the "punishments" dealt. Punitive measures taken against sickness, no flexibility for families and very unfair pay discrepancies between staff

Avoid!

Just a really bad company with a negative, toxic culture. Poor facilities, very nepotistic with no non exec/external execs so the board can pretty much do what they like! (And they do!) The Sports Direct of the legal industry!

Shocking

They were a terrible company to work for do not work here, they treat you like children. DISGUSTING company. The managers weren't even managers they were awful, really rude and didn't care about their staff.

Pros

Cons

everything

If you love cliques this job is for you

You will not progress in this company unless your face fits. People have been pushed out by bullying and scare tactics for years. Management are very judgemental and will talk about you behind your back and give you cruel nicknames. I was lucky to progress as a new department opened with outsoursed management. The medics benefits are great, as is the flexitime. Although they are starting to take away peoples flexitime throughout the company.

Pros

city centre location, flexi time

Cons

Management and progression

managment

fun place to work training leaves a lot to be desired don't really know what else I am supposed to write here as I am looking for work not rating my current employer

Pros

flex time

Cons

lack of training

Nice place to work

Friendly place, just case loads are unmanageable. High case loads leads to stress. However management are friendly and staff are all generally nice, good benefits too.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Huge caseloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpenters Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

2.4
2.5
2.3
2.2
2.3

Compare Carpenters Solicitors with

• Carpenters Solicitors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?