CARPENTERS

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Relaxed workplace but limited job security

Was a good place to work, always something to do and managers were friendly. My only complaints were the hours, sometimes the line would halt for long periods, and was let go without notice, reason or warning.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Long hours, no job security

Awful place

I wouldn’t recommend a job at this firm. The caseloads are ridiculously high, the bonus structure is in impossible. They want you to work evenings and weekends to allow you to catch up with your workload. They have no concept of time what so ever. The managers have no management experience what so ever and act like children. They send out email after email about employees mental well-being and client care. However, they care about neither. I wouldn’t recommend working here or being client.

Pros

None.

Cons

Stressful and horrible place to work.

Fantastic firm

I’m so happy I interviewed for Carpenters as I’d been for a few interviews and ended up choosing Carpenters as I felt the firm presented themselves very staff focused. I’ve spent 18 years working in different law firms and Carpenters are right up there with the best. I’ve never worked somewhere where staff mental health is so important to the firm we have well-being mentors and lots of support for mental health. I feel very valued for the first time in a long time. Everyone is very lovely. It’s been quite hard starting a new job during the pandemic but the firm has been very supportive. I actually look forward to Mondays for the first in a long time.

Pros

Abundance of high quality work Supportive team Mental health support Health care Flexible hours, working from home 3 days 2 days in office, competitions for things like Liverpool FC tickets, lots of charity events, support for CILEX and working from home equipment

Cons

Challenging targets

Prison

I worked there for six months you have all different people telling you what to do the manager is useless there is no radio on and you can't talk to each other you have one 20 minute break all day and nobody trains you up on your job your just expected to get on with it and get money at if your too slow the manager has his favourite people and makes job titles up to pay them more they have 3 senior supervisors but only one supervisor I would highly recommend don't work there it made me depressed

Pros

6 till 2 hours

Cons

To many to list

Decent place

It’s like any job you have to work and it’s a fairly fast paced company and have to have some maths skills, I had a good time there but had to leave for something closer to home and better pay otherwise I’d still probably be there now lol..

Not a nice employer

I was asked why i wanted the money /wages... At my interview disgusting interview absolutely no respect. Glad i wasnt offered the job. On to a more respectful employer.

Pros

Not working here

Cons

Working here

Don't go there glossop

Management has not got a clue , they will ask you to work overtime at a drop of a hat ......working 12hr nights then being asked to come in for 1pm and work till 6pm in the afternoon. So you only getting 4 hrs sleep. ..not breaking the law are we. ... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. . PS YOU NEED 6 FINGERS AND 8 TOES TO FIT IN .......INBREAD. ...... .. .

Pros

Cons

The job

Bullying culture right to the top. Extreme high turnover of staff.

Worst company l ever worked for! Toxic and soulless. Do not expect any support, you will be hounded out if you complain about the management. Flexi hours is the only good thing about this company.

Cons

Appaling place to work with a culture of bullying and intolerance.

Absolutely disgusting place to work where sexism, homophobia and casual racism are all tolerated by senior management. Staff are disposable, line managers beaten in to submission and very much a face fits culture. The amount of people I saw in tears here was astounding. No understanding of creating a people based culture and a very 'jobs for the boys' attitude. The turn over of staff says it all. Constantly advertising for staff and line managers. There are some truly amazing people working here but they end up being crushed.

Cons

Awful senior management who turn a blind eye

Flexible working

Good employer to work for. Good work and lots of it. The company should be well placed to adapt to the PI reforms (if they come in the current guise). Offers both claimant and defendant RTA based work.

Pros

Flexi

Cons

Very busy

Senior management only care about themselves and anyone else is just a number

If you enjoy handling 400 clients, taking 20-30 calls a day, answering 100 emails, meeting targets that are physically impossible to reach, giving up weekends with family to work for them? Then this is the place for you. The office is like a hen house or call centre and your only reward is a free drink at a party. There is no progression as the management prefer to promote their friends, not long standing staff. They don't care about the client needs and care more about their insurers, who they work for. Don't come here expecting a training contract or help progressing your law career as this is a CMC run by insurers.

Pros

The legal advisors are nice

Cons

read above

Working at this company is toxic

Carpenters is a completely dysfunctional organisation with poor leadership and even poorer communication. Staff aren't recognised, rewarded or valued but rather mistreated, unsupported and poorly equipped to do their jobs. High file counts and regular batterings about poor performance are the norm and you'll only want to work here if you're happy with working 7-days a week.

Pros

Flexi-time (when it's not being banned that is)

Cons

Negative culture, casual bullying, dysfunctional structure, no support, resistant to change, poor leadership

factory

its a good factory to work in great team.i work 40 hours a week 2-11 i like my job as a factory worker.working here has give me good comunacation skills

Appaling company

Worst company I have worked for - bullying management, no career prospects (call centre roles), harsh rules applied to staff but not managers, minimum pay, 6 month probation routinely extended before contract terminated rather than granting permanent position. If in doubt, ask them about the staff retention rate in FNOL.

Pros

City centre site

Cons

Management, hours, pay, prospects

Large solicitors

One of the largest PI companies in th UK, friendly place to work. Helpful happy, knowledgeable colleagues. Modern offices, with good facilities in a central location.

Pros

Flex

Cons

Travel dependent on location

Working for an agency, a lot of traveling,I got experience of working in England

Enjoyable place to work

Opening mail and answering telephone. A good telephone manner. Management were always helpful. A nice selection of people. Dealing with some customers could be hard. Knowing I did my job thoroughly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARPENTERS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CARPENTERS