Carpetright

Insights into Carpetright

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive/collaborative

+ Great line management. + Engaging Regional Manager. + Competitive KPI focused environment. + Consultive role.+ Accountability/responsibility- Commission structure is unbearable. - Systems are dreadful- Too many administrative tasks.

14 April 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave us a review! It's great to hear you have a strong relationship with your regional manager! Thanks for your feedback, as ever we will take this on board and will consider this going forward.

Great place to work, excellent learning potential

I love working at Carpetright. The team I work with are second to none at what they do, the pay is great for the hours I do due to commission on every sale made, and there’s loads of support available should I need it.

Horrible place to work, very stressful

Worked there for 3 years, as warehouse staff, as hard as l worked , they would put more work on you! Nothing was good enough for management! Money very poor, extremely hard work hand balling carpets of delivery vans stocking up shop, but worse thing was everyone having a go at you management & carpet fitters! Most nights going home feeling stressed & depressed! Anyone thinking a bout a job like this , do your self a favour. Don’t do it!! It’s not worth it! There’s more to life , then feeling like that every day!

11 May 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us. If you would like to discuss the issue further then you can contact us on IndeedReviews@carpetright.co.uk.

Really enjoyed my time at the Worcester store. Felt like a family place to be really good working environment and always had chance of progression. Made the mistake of leaving but hopefully return one day.

11 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review!

Draining, messy.

Not good working environment. Managers have favourites,talk down and undermine. No real structure or possibly of growth unless you’ve been working there for years. Everything is a lie the managers steal and no one gets pulled up about it. Worst working environment.

14 April 2022

Poor Company Values

Women are not welcome in this industry, they don’t like you even if you do your job correctly. Paid wrongly every month, promises of this and that, but it’s all a cover plot. Management are awful, they eat all day and shout at all staff, belittling people. Not a nice place to be in all fairness, work you like a dog, make you work overtime everyday, no lunch or break time, just like a concentration camp.

1 April 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us. We take things like this seriously and would like to take conversation further to understand more. We are committed to ensure you feel heard. If you would like to discuss the issue further then you can contact us on IndeedReviews@carpetright.co.uk.

Poorly paid administration role

For minimum wage you are expected to be a sales person and an administrator, performing two roles meaning the admin had to be put to one side and suffered. The manager and sales team in the store I worked in didn’t care about the administration processes making the job extremely difficult and stressful

Pros

Some of the team were great

Cons

Stressful environment. Poor wage. System issues constantly. Unrealistic expectations

28 March 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience, If you would like to discuss the issue further then you can contact us on IndeedReviews@carpetright.co.uk.

Currently store manager

Worked for Carpetright for 12 years left and came back for another 8 years, excellent job progression and as long as your willing to put the effort in for a good team a great place to work

4 April 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review!

New IT systems, pay.

Have worked here for 3 years, good at my job so get no grief. Their new IT is awful and takes ages to even get a sale through the till. This has also effected our pay which is always wrong, very difficult to check. It took over a year for me to get £1300 I wasn't paid most staff give up because they try not to give it to you. There is now no way of checking if it's right.

Pros

Manager, hours

Cons

Pay

28 March 2022

Good

Overal good experience but some aspects are challenging and sometimes you do not get the help you need from upper management. Flexible working but long and unnecessary hours over Xmas

Very low basic pay.

Very low basic pay. They make you sale more to earn commission and they add your commission to top up the low basic pay up to minimum wage. No fair. Pay is not good enough to run the family.No pay rise.

Pros

Easy to resign

Cons

Lower basic pay, doesn't matter how much business you bring for the company, they do not care

Poor management and pay

Interview process was quick and painless. Generic questions you would expect, including “sell this pen to me”.The company expects you to be able to sell, even under pressure with the competitive market. They even enCourage you with commission on top. However, they pay you something like £5.50ph and then use your commission to top up your salary to minimum wage meaning you have to work ridiculously hard to get a good commission amount.Work life balance is good. But, in terms of a long term and fair career, I wouldn’t recommend.Check out their reviews on Google and Facebook. That will give you more of an idea of the region managers level of care for both staff and customers.

Pros

Slow paced environment, enjoyable environment

Cons

Very poor pay, and even worse managers and CEOs

If I could put 0 stars I would

Worst company to work for!! If you want to work for pennies this is the company for you! Expect the world but don’t want to provide the salary! Awful management team! Avoid do better for yourself elsewhere

challenging work, but rewarding

I didn't think I would consider this long term, but I love it. There can be issues with getting the carpets in and sometimes fitting issues, but the challenge keeps each day varied and rewarding.

Pros

staff discount is 25%, managers get extra holidays

Cons

lone working can be hard

Standard sales job. Good commission.

Overall not a terrible place to work if you're a natural at sales. Pay is only acceptable due to commission, you get out what you put in.Unfortunately i was taken advantage of, ended up shadowing my MGR and doing alot of their work for them with no benefit to myself and a drop in pay as i spent less time on the shop floor and more time behind the desk. As long as you go and do the job you're paid to do and don't go above and beyond for no benefit, then this is the job for you.

Pays the bills

Pays the bills easy place to work. Overall pay isn’t great overtime is less than minimum wage per hour but they take into account your commission so you don’t actually get paid all commission.

Pros

Relaxed easy job

Cons

Poor pay no bonus for overtime paid less than minimum wage

1 February 2022

OK - Could be better

If you’re looking for a ‘proper’ retail management role then Carpetright isn’t for you. High expectations for the Store Manager and Deputy Manager to be selling to customers so that they don’t need to employ many Customer Advisors.Salary is a basic and then commission and bonuses on top - the salary you take home isn’t the same every month. Quieter trading months throughout the year, the salary is lower. If you achieve targets though, you can earn an ‘OK’ wage per month. The business needs to re-invent its stores, especially those that have competitors nearby. The store I worked in had not been refurbished since it opened in the 90s. Working hours are good - better than most other retailers. Culture very much so ‘dog-eat-dog’ - colleagues desperate to gain sales to increase their commission. Regional Manager who recruited me was great, same can’t be said for the Store Manager though I’m afraid.

Pros

Worklife balance

Cons

Pay, culture

1 February 2022

Good workplace.interesting industry to be in

Good company to work for overall.when starting training is thorough and job role interesting.terms and conditions are good and other employees are helpful and there is a good working atmosphere.

Pros

Nice offices. Decent terms and conditions. Nice canteen with cheap prices and a Costa coffee.

Good place to work fast paced

Carpet right is a good place to work they do look after staff. But as it’s commission based there is sometimes a battle on the shop floor you do often find urself completing sale for others and not receiving the benefits

Awful company

Wouldn't work there ever again, poor management, staff rule the workplace. No back up when things go wrong . Bad fitters. No lunch break. Long hours for no gain.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Poorly run

Great Workplace

I was sceptical when i first joined Carpetright, but the management team and development options have been amazing. I have been developed well and the training I have recieved was reilly thorough

Pros

25% off products

Cons

Evenings can be a pain !!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpetright. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Carpetright with

• Carpetright
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?