Carpetright

Carpetright Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

carpetfittercommissiontargetfittingstoreprogressionrole

Challenging but rewarding

A challenging job role, but once you know the job it’s a doddle, management depends on the store you are in, was always great for me, just a shame they changed the pay structure

Relaxed selling, friendly colleagues

I was here on a part time basis and found that is was a relaxed non pressured environment to sell in and customers equally felt relaxed. I was able to build some fantastic rapport with customers. Your time here really does depend on what your colleagues are like as you do spend a lot of time with them in-between customers. I was fortunate enough to spend most of my years working alongside some great colleagues and management. Most of my time here was good and I did look forward to coming to work prior each shift. You learn a lot in this field, many of these skills are transferable for. The downside is that you are expected to do a lot for a small amount of pay. This company gives you a basic hourly rate plus commission so there IS potential of earning decent money, however on quieter months this does effect income and your sanity at times as without the customers, there is nothing to do as all work is kept ontop of. The company do top your wages to minimum if you haven't made enough commission however, your wage does heavily depend on the customers you sell products too. So even if you've done a lot of admin, booking in customers, organising databases etc, if you're not able to get customers to buy then you don't earn anything. This is where you can end up feeling like you are not acknowledged for any of the other work that commences. Overall I would say this company is a good place to work but I don't recommend you stay there for too many years as there is better out there.

Insights into Carpetright

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and fun

Great place to work fun friendly and keeps you on your toes always learning on the job the training never stops the old saying of everydays a school day is true

Pros

Good shifts great balance

Productive place to work

The short time I worked there colleagues was helpful ' was a nice job to work for Could be quiet at times lots of training on line to do which was q good thing as it gave you that extra help and product knowledge

Not a good company to work for

Job description was not accurate. Was given no support or proper structured training. Was not told that I would be working in a cold warehouse most of the time.

Fair

Fair pay, training and development. I was hired as a Manager Designate but they decided not to open the shop they planned on putting me in so I had to accept a lower position as the company couldn't keep me on a guaranteed salary.

If faulty towers was a retailer…..

Over the years a once decent honest and rewarding company’s has turned into a disaster awaiting the inevitable collapse and closure. Unlike most I didn’t go to there closest rival/competitors I advanced elsewhere. But what I have witnessed over the last 5 years was very upsetting to see, for the previous 20 years I had given more than my full efforts and time. To latest batch of wage changes signal the final nail in the coffin. Great shame

Stay clear

Stupidly long hours for the amount of money you’re getting paid, no breaks lone trading, and after all that you still don’t get any gratitude of anyone.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Fun place to work

I was employed on a part- time, month - to - month basis.Everyone I worked with was extremely helpful and friendly, I honestly didn't want to leave but I accepted a job that was more money on a permanent basis.Day to day was serving customers, talking to fitters, organising home visits for our surveyors. The job was also physical due to the fact you had to measure and cut carpets and vinyl; you also had a lot of customers who expected you to cut multiple floorings while they waited, most of the time they actually stood watching (it's not that interesting).There wasn't a day that I didn't come home with a funny story, it's not all sunshine and rainbows but the good defiantly out ways the bad.If they could have offered me better money and a permanent contract, I would still be there today.

Poor environment to external candidates.

Poor training, poor environment don’t like external recruits. No feedback, No support salaries not great for team. What you are offered at interview point is not what you get.

Cons

Inadequate training

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carpetright?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpetright. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Carpetright with

• Carpetright
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?