Carrier

Carrier Employee Reviews

I would recommend Chubb as a job to anyone who wanted a fast paced but non stressful place to work. The targets are relatively easy and the team leaders very helpful. Management is great and twice I have made them aware of difficulties I have had and both times it has been dealt with efficiently and firmly.
Pros
Glasses paid up to 55 pounds. A great benefits website. Parties at Christmas.
Manager had poor information and lacked visionary ability for creating business opportunities particularly for talented internal staff and subsequently these people left for better opportunities and companies.
Pros
Early finish Friday
Cons
Long hours not enjoyable
Had 2/4 good years there as an engineer. It’s all about money and figures. No respect or loyalty shown to staff or customers. If your face doesn’t fit or you aren’t willing to bow down to them, then it will never end well for you!! Ran by ex engineers who have no clue now that they get to wear a shirt n pants! Absolute bullies! They’ll do anything and everything to catch you out. Never received one Thankyou! Got worse with the move from Middleton to Chadderton branch. It soon proved even clearer of what managers are all about! Total bullies who will grind you down. Spoke to and treated like dirt! I left with stress, couldn’t take it any longer! Looks ok from the outside but if you listen engineers on the inside, you’ll soon see..
Pros
Engineers are good lads
Cons
Stress, under staffed, rude, obnoxious managers with no skills
Everybody thought somebody would do it but nobody did it. Too much passing the buck and not taking ownership of tasks to see it through. Big on HSE but in practice if it gets in the way of profit they turn a blind eye.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Inexperienced Management lack ability to team build
Worked here when they were based local to me. Good company staff were great. Social and generally pleasant. The work was fast paced but equally shared out amongst staff
Pros
Good staff
Cons
People on site very nice. Top management kept everything close to chest and lacked communication.. call centre and therefore was a lot of iness between departments. My manager always had my back.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Long hours, travel
If I could have given zero stars for most of the categories, I would have. No empathy from management, no guidance, out dated ethos and sales practices. Made me redundant at start of first lockdown, could’ve furloughed me but decided to put me out of work instead with no thought of how I was going to support my family. Worst company to work for as no value attached to any of their staff.
Pros
Cons
Read above experiences.
What was once an amazing place to work and who paid their Engineers above Markets rates has now resulted in being a company that pays its Engineers way way way below Market Rates and is now in my opinion one of the worst payers in the industry due to pay cuts after pay cuts.As a Fire Alarm Service Engineer you are paid a very very low basic which is about half of what you would expect to get as your basic for current Market Rates.You are then told that you will make the rest up on commission!!!This used to work well until the Sales Team started undercutting and resigning up the existing customer base at vastly lower prices and often vastly reducing the existing prices and signing more and more customers up to fully comprehensive contracts which meant we as Engieneers no longer got commission on parts replaced.I was part of a team of eight D&A Fire Alarm Field Service Engineers and within 18 months seven had resigned and one had moved into sales.If you take the job as a Fire Alarm Service Engineer expect to be earning well below market rates and I left after many many years as I could no longer even afford to pay my bills and outgoings as I was in the red on payday!!!!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Pay, Management Don’t Care, pressured to cross sell, pressured to replace parts
No training providrd,expected to just do the staff,hardly any support from team membrrs as they were too busy,management not approachable,no one seems to know anything,Ask 1 question get 4 answers!Very high staff turnover...
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No support, no adequate training, stressfull
Place is a shambles. Major health & safety issues everywhere. Management are slave drivers. Holidays approved day before it starts even if applied month before. Conflict of interest: team leader got his cousin a job and gave him easiest work. Fire extinguishers are going to customers half empty. No help from HR whatsoever. Lucky enough I have taken a lot of photos and videos so I can report all this to the right authorities
Pros
Cons
As described
Started in feb and made redundent a month after, no exlanation, no support. Left a permaneat job of 5 years for the whole retention team to be made redundent
They don’t care about people only numbers and will get rid of you on a whim if needed. I was made redundant at the start of COVID 19 lockdown with no thought as to how I was to survive despite furlough being an option. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Terrible management, product trading insufficient and poor work environment.
Poor management . Want you to achieve the impossible. Whatever you do will never be enough. I have never worked for a company that has caused me so much stressAvoid this employer .
Working with experienced professional colleagues has been a real joy, made the job enjoyable. But the company back-room structure seems overly complex and lean and when a manager goes off the departmental management descends into chaos. The job day-in day-out was boring and unvaried, clock in, same thing, clock out.
Pros
Salary, Colleagues
Cons
Management, Boring
Typical day at work involves responding to a few call out but majority of the daily work is routine maintenance. I have been able to work towards some qualifications whilst working here which is good. Same as any work place I imagine, some of the management are alright but others are not. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines with too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to self-manage my time (to a degree).
Pros
Good salary, good team, company vehicle
Cons
Work/life ratio, on call, stressful
A Very H&S orientated Company. Very Professional and Punctual in their line of work. Due to the dept I was under time was important to make sure vessels sailed on time. A vehicle was given to you to complete your work and you get to visit places and confront the customer face to face. You wasn't pushed by management they gave you the work you complete it in time given. Any issues you encounter you bring it to their attention in which they sort it out to allow you to continue to your next job.
Good company to work with. Very high level of KPI , RFI etc of paper works required weekly. Including lots of weekly management meets held with main contractor.
From the MD right to opperations manager.... Shocking if you like been stabbed in the back treated like dog dirt... Then this is the place for you. I have never worked with a company who promote ethical values. And bully there staff treat them like dog dirt If you have any issues don't even bother reporting to HR because nothing will get done about it. Selling plant out the back door lining there own pockts
Have enjoyed the last 5 1/2 years, although now I think its time to move on as contracts have been lost and nothing coming in. No overtime and being sat around when on call can get boring
When i became a security guard for Chubb, i was primarily put into a Shop with a high theft rate. 3000sq ft three entrances and just me. I was promised other guards as soon as possible. My hours of work should of been 7am 5pm Mon-Friday. Yeah no, i worked 7-am 10pm Monday to Saturday 9:45am 4pm Sunday. I did this solidly for at least eight months, until i was attacked by a junkie shop lifter which put me in hospital. No one from Chubb called to see if i was ok. The day i came out of hospital my supervisor shows at my house and demands to know when im back at work. Doc signed me off for four weeks and i tell her so. When i get back to my site there are two new guards all in body armour paid for by chubb. They leave a week later and im back on my own again. No armour, just me. Same hours, no breaks allowed. (Shop boss screams i pay for you to be out there you be out there) about two weeks after that i get a TUPE notice to another security company. No one told me, i had only ever seen my supervisor once, and because they paid for my badge they took the lump sum out of my wages at once, but again no one told me. The problem is once you no longer work for them, no one will talk to you. The second company were just as bad, promising pay rises, days off, holidays and yeah i got a holiday, but they called me everyday to come in. My home life suffered, my relationship suffered, and eventually my health suffered. Oh yes they pay you on a specific date every month, so you can go five weeks before being paid. No overtime, Christmas day they phone you to cover other sites as well, I - more...
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, no help
There is no support from The business or management, over worked, stressed and understaffed. Manager has so many inconsistencies and can’t manage a team let alone themselves. Spoken to in a vile manor, no values in that place and no one to turn to other than the manager who is so unprofessional and unapproachable. Not properly trained into the role. Avoid working here
  1. Employee reviews