Carswell Gould

Carswell Gould Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed my time at the agency

I found Carswell Gould a brilliant place to get stuck in and involved with every aspect of marketing. Expectations are high, but if you're willing to put the effort in the rewards are worth it - I found. I left to work client side, but I will look back on my time at CG with great pride. It's an agency which is striving to compete with the best and I think some of my former colleagues struggled somewhat and this caused a few issues, but on the whole it was somewhere where I was able to put into practice a lot of what I learnt at university and will value my time there and many of the people I met there throughout my career.

Pros

Christmas to new year off, decent salary, flexible working environment, supportive management, great clients, team spirit

Cons

Minimal hand holding, communication is sometimes direct

Fantastic agency to work for!

Carswell Gould is a fantastic agency to work for with a highly skilled yet approachable senior management team in place to support you. They are a very busy agency be warned, so you'll need to be highly organised, proactive and able to manage multiple clients, briefs, campaigns and projects simultaneously if working in an Account Manager role like I was. They have a great team in place including the studio and PR team and everyone is very personable. They offer great opportunities for progression for those who are suited to agency life (15 years working client side made it a hard transition for me) and I would definitely recommend working for this fab agency!

High standards and great team spirit

It's a hard working environment where standards are high. It may not be for everyone but if you want a creative environment with tons of energy Carswell Gould is a great place to work. You will get involved with every aspect of marketing and the culture is to do whatever it takes for its clients' which may mean working long hours at times but I felt a real team spirit and support for me in my role.

Pros

Team spirit, flexible working hours, varied experience

Cons

High expectations, some long days

No potential for growth

No strategy, no dedication to staff, poorly organised, no respect for staff, little respect for clients, top heavy, poorly structured, staff regularly used as scapegoats for poor task delivery to clients.

Pros

Made some friends

Cons

Long hours, no loyalty, no advancement, no strategy

Did not have a positive experience at all

Basically, there's no security or room for advancement at this company. I was hired for what I thought was going to be permanent, completed a somewhat large project for them and then let go. Clearly I was not going to be invested in from the start and I could feel that the whole time I was there.

Jobs at Carswell Gould