Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

Working here is fun there is always something new coming out from the back area and everything is put in there right place. The people that work there are very friendly and passionate about what they sell
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Short lunch break
I could of just been the franchise I was in but being paid minimum wage and basically doing a managers job is stressful and not rewarding in any means.
Pros
I started working for Cash converters slap bang in the middle of this pandemic. After passing the interview stage and doing a trial, being approved by the manager in the Stratford store. I was first sent for training to a Cash converters store in Bethnal Green for two weeks where each and every single staff member were genuinely interested in training me up for all the things I would need to know before being assigned to my home store and trained me up properly to make a start in the Stratford store where again the entire team made me feel very welcome and have been extremely patient and all of them have been willing to help me learn all parts of the trade as I displayed the aptitude and willingness to also want to learn. Good customer service is essential in this business and you must be focused and have your wits about you, the entire team helps each other throughout the day with all the tasks and it all depends on the individual; you get out what you put into it, if you’re not lazy, willing to work hard, pay attention and have a good attitude then Cash converters in my opinion is a great place to work. I was also placed on furlough through the November lockdown and given constant reassurances that my job is safe, the company does very well to be fair with its staff.
Pros
Great ambience and positive people
Cons
No cons for me
I would not recommend you working to this company. There are too many toxic people in there. Not just the customers but also the staff members and management. You may think they are nice but they are nothing but a snake and backstabbers. This company pays you low money and expects you to do a lot of job! It is not a great environment and very stressful! These are the reasons why I left the company because It's not worth it! Thank God I found a better job! Never apply a job to this company!
Pros
There are no pros on this company.
Cons
Very toxic environment! Not a great workplace to work at all.
Loved the work place! Manager and team were all super friendly and supportive. great working environment. pay is minimum wage, however you can hit bonuses and pay cab=n be rised if you have good customer service. lovely place to work!
Pros
1 hour break and bonus
Working in small team feel like small family. Everyone helping everyone. Love there every minute. Every day was different and fun. Helping costumer understand what they want and listen them wen needed.
Pros
Discount for saff
Cons
extra hours on top
I hated this place so much. The manager encouraged staff to do whatever they could to rip customers off (this was actually said in morning briefings in those words!) some staff were OK at my branch but there were also some that were very irritating and wouldn't do their jobs properly or even care that someone else had to do their tasks for them because they didn't do it correctly the first time!
Pros
It's a job if you need one bad enough
Cons
Too many to count
It is a good company to be working in, although the "promotion" of staff is normally done externally by hiring new people for available positions instead of offering the vacancies to staff that are already experienced in the business, unfair on that sense. Good to learn about different types of aspects of the business, from Log Book Loans, to Pawn Gold/Silver, Personal Loans and Buybacks.
Pros
Good environment; Good work schedule
Cons
Low wage (minimum); Fast paced; Stressful
If you like working long hours to make your boss lots of money while you get very little for the work you do then go ahead. I was the assistant manager for 6 years and staff turnover is huge. You are not rewarded for your efforts and family members of the director who are useless are pushed to the top. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Get first pick of stock with a discount
Cons
Working there.
Every day is different, bringing new and unique challenges - customer service is at the forefront of everything, and there are lots of different aspects to the job
Very hard to progress if you’re a manager already, very much a boys club, so zero chance of enhancement. Little support, with minimal visits. Absolutely no 1-2-1’s, no appraisals. Lovely staff and customers are great, but senior management really let them down
Company is good depends on the store you work in manager you have can be like a playground you enjoy your work but how management handle themselves and situations are off putting
Store management is awful. Was threatened by a new starter who made malicious allegations about me. Management also bully and misrepresent your comments. Had a manager destroy my resignation, only to try and keep me as he had no cover and then terminate my contract. Old customers came to my new work place to try and shoplift to sell to my old store. Worst experience!
Fue una satisfacción poder entrar a formar parte del equipo Cash Converters en Inglaterra, fueron grandes experiencias, había que luchar y esforzarse día a día para conseguir las metas que nos proponían, pero eso me fortalecía como individuo viéndome con el paso del tiempo más habilidoso y experto en la materia.
The pressure is unbelievable not a place for everyone if you want constant pressure then yes you will be fine but i gave it my all and wasnt good enough
You are just a number to them, If you have any problems or need any help they would rather push you out and just bring the next person in to make the most money they can
Long hours, tedious management, difficult customers and some annoying colleagues made the London Road, Brighton branch a difficult place to work in. This job made me feel very down as I was always working and had no time for myself or uni work.
Stressful and unsafe environment. You get all kinds of behaviours and the managers couldn't be bothered about it. Short breaks for the hours worked. No benefits.
The management could be improved, need more smiles in the workplace, hours are suitable however hardly any breaks plus it’s below minimum wage. Wouldn’t recommend
Had to run the shop make sure stock had the right price on it mange a small team all so deal with customer and buy for the business and sell at a good price
All the time I've worked for cash converters they only care about profit, there are rarely internal promotions or training for it, and when there are vacancies they get people from outside.
Pros
Good Schedule
Cons
Stressfull, loads of work, underpaid.
  1. Employee reviews