Cash Converters

Cash Converters Pay & benefits reviews

All the time I've worked for cash converters they only care about profit, there are rarely internal promotions or training for it, and when there are vacancies they get people from outside.
Pros
Good Schedule
Cons
Stressfull, loads of work, underpaid.
I could of just been the franchise I was in but being paid minimum wage and basically doing a managers job is stressful and not rewarding in any means.
Pros
Loved the work place! Manager and team were all super friendly and supportive. great working environment. pay is minimum wage, however you can hit bonuses and pay cab=n be rised if you have good customer service. lovely place to work!
Pros
1 hour break and bonus
The pressure is unbelievable not a place for everyone if you want constant pressure then yes you will be fine but i gave it my all and wasnt good enough
Stressful and unsafe environment. You get all kinds of behaviours and the managers couldn't be bothered about it. Short breaks for the hours worked. No benefits.
The management could be improved, need more smiles in the workplace, hours are suitable however hardly any breaks plus it’s below minimum wage. Wouldn’t recommend
Do not work in this business totally immoral lazy greedy stealing management and owners, supprised these businesses are allowed to run!! So much promise and offers and benefits at interview, worked there for months but never saw a bonus, minimum wage lots of work non-stop, management absolutely useless they sit eat drink and get big discounts, customers gets big discounts as an employee you’ll be lucky to get a decent discount, mostly drug users and sellers nasty customers with smelly dirty goods to sell deprived customers get conned
It is a nice place to work, but can get some questionable people come in, wage could have been better as it was only ÂŁ4.20 at the time I worked, which was minimum wage
I worked there and one thing you have to abide by is that you and your family and friends can't buy or sell from or to the store. I bought an item, at full cost along with a few other items at full cost. A member of the staff decided to allow the sale and then report it to hr. 2 weeks after buying said items I was invited to a disciplinary and dismissed. All for buying an item!! The salary is great, some staff are tolerable but overall for a long term career then it needs revamping.
Stockport branch is a revolving door. Since I started in the space of 5 months 2 members of staff left and the assistant manager left and the manager. The current manager does not know how to speak to or treat staff members. Also the manager has her cousin working there and if they do anything wrong that gets ignored and gets special treatment while others get yelled at and sometimes in front of customers and made to feel like nothing. You call in sick for a legitimate reason and you are made to feel guilty for not turning up. You never ever finish for 6pm you are there for sometimes 7pm and are not paid for it. When certain staff are off she then slanders that person for whatever reason possible. The place is toxic and I do not recommend working for that store. The pay is good but not for what you have to put up with on a day to day basis. You are made to feel like you are a slave and an octopus with the amount of jobs people are expected to do. If you try and raise an issue with your area manager you don’t really have time to deal with the problems face to face as 1 the area manager is busy and 2 you don’t have any time to leave and talk to the area manager because your manager has given you tasks to do and if they aren’t completed you will get shouted at and again made to feel incompetent. There was an incident where there was a discrepancy and it was not investigated properly and were told that whatever the amount was that you had to pay it back out of your own pocket which is illegal. All in all don’t work for them ever especially the Stockport store.
Retail. I don't complain or moan about work and jobs. But when your shift starts at 9:00 and you HAVE to be there for 8:00 to "set" things up, it annoyed me a little. Good enough place to work when you have a good team. But the hours were long and the work was grueling adding to the stress of working on personal and store targets.
Pros
Good team.
Cons
Long hours. Silly starting and finish times.
It’s a good place to make money or gain experience in retail otherwise I wouldn’t advise anyone to work for them longterm as they would use you for their own gain and needs
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Random hours, bad staff
Awful management,shouting at employees and customers.bad salary package. No kind of job security. Working with cash converters has prooven to be an awful experience. Also at the end of the contract they pay you with cheque so you lookse money by cashing it up. Overtime hours that are not paid.
If this is your only job option then stay on JSA! Paid less than others who had a lower skill set and refused to work certain departments. Once in management your bonus becomes quarterly rather than monthly. In that third month you can see the regional manager fishing around looking for the smallest reason not to pay a bonus! Even an "issue" that's been in the store for a year they pretend they had no knowledge of it and blame you to take away your hard earned bonus. Expected to work a lot of unpaid hours but will never put in writing they expect you in at a certain time but will insist you are in store well before the time you start getting paid for.
Pros
You get a wage...
Cons
Long hours, missed breaks, unpaid hours, losing bonus for things out of your hands.
Where do I start? I worked here for 1 year. Got robbed twice, abused on a number of occasions by junkies trying to sell their bric-a-brac and spat on for refusing several items. On top of that you get paid minimum wage for buying, selling, cashier, sales assistant, clearing cheques, helping in loan department and cleaning the store top to bottom. Puts slave labor on another level. Also if you buy any item in i.e an I-phone and it ends up being a very good fake they deduct your wage of the item in your next wage. My elderly colleague got ÂŁ350 taken off her wage for accidentally buying in a fake. Absolutely no insurance. Also no security for the gold so if someone robs you your on your own. So if you didn't follow complete protocol and they robbed you again will be deducted from salary. On top of that you have to attend a week training in the school of Cash Converters in Camden where you'll feel like your getting trained for a top end Graduate job instead of a ÂŁ7 an hour dive end job. Not worth the wage or your life for that matter. Stay well clear.
Pros
Nothing but a thicker skin at receiving abuse
Cons
Please Look at Summary
enjoyed the job but you where working 50 hours a week for 14000 a year was a long day and week . if you had children this job really is no good and the sales targets are really high .
Cash Converters provide a very high paced, challenging environment to work. There are many different aspects to the job you need to become accustomed too, (brushing up your knowledge of electrical items, bikes etc would come in handy). Pay is minimum wage,hours are over 40 a week for full-time so make sure you enjoy your colleagues company, you spend alot of time with them! You deal with the public throughout your shift so make sure your a people person. Some of them can be quite challenging as complaints can be a regular occurrence due to the nature of the job, however, most are fine. Company does provide a decent chance of progression and training does seem to be improving. Overall the job is what you make of it really.
Pros
Day goes quickly, good team ethic
Cons
High number of complaints, a lot to the job for the salary
I started with this company in August, I was looking forward to it but it wasn't what it was made out to be! The shop was filthy and falling to bits staff were childish and lazy they also messed around constantly. I was doing jewellery count when a piece of wood fell from the ceiling and smacked me on the head all of which was on cctv but nothing was done about this. I kept telling the manager health and safety needed to come in as when you ran water it stunk like sewage but nothing was ever done. I would advise no one to work for this company. Long hours, worked hard while managers just sat back on there phones and do nothing. There is no guidance from management whatsoever. The only good thing about working there was a decent wage at the end of the month.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, poor management, filthy shop
The job is advertised as 9 to 5 but you actually work 8:30 to 6:15. The salary advertised is ÂŁ1k less than they were paying in June 2015. There are no facilities to sit & eat your lunch, you have to sit on the floor. The shop & back offices are very dirty. Assurances given at interview that you don't have to have a perfect credit rating are false. You DO need a perfect credit rating to be employed there. Be prepared to travel throughout South Yorkshire & stay away from home for your training.
Pros
Staff are lovely, free tea & coffee.
Cons
Long hours, dirty, nowhere to sit.
Whilst working for cashconverters I learnt a lot in a short space of time. mainly because I had a great team behind me. progression is my main focal point and there are a lot of good people that helped me along the way to become a manager. I enjoyed every part of management and what everyday entailed. I had and excellent rapour with customers and I thrived to be the best I could. unfortunately I had to leave due to money. I was on a very low salary for the work I done and I do not agree with working for less than you are worth. On a day to day basis I would open and close the business whilst maintaining 10 members of staff and doing end of day figures plus weekly figures, pay bills, attend to customer complaints and queries, making sure the shop was suitable to be open and control stock levels amongst other things.
Pros
great people, good experience
Cons
very low pay, take care of staff better
Long hours (40+) in a multi faceted job. Part sales, Part security, Part removal man, Part computer technician and part community care.
Pros
The staff
Cons
long hours no lunch