Castle

Castle Employee Reviews

Lay people of to easy but it’s a Kirsty firm to work for. Fair pay and and fair work hours just like any other scaffolding firm really nothing special
Management awful and would never help if under staffed. They have favourites and made it very clear. Would work many hours overtime but never any gratitude. Carers and nurses are nice to work with just a massive shame the management at the time was bad with one time being there! The owners are rude and will never speak with staff and looked right through you. Pay isn’t that great for the amount of hard work you do
Do not work for this company,I had to go through employment rights to get my holiday pay back. The only good thing is, they left you alone to do your job.
its extremely time consuming and management was poor i liked my job as a bartender but found it hard to have a life .i found it to be busy business as good
From the first day that I entered this job, I've hated it. There are two problems 1. A contractor thats poorly organised , poorly managed and without any guts to challenge their clients 2. A client that's lazy, greedy, inept and doesn't have a clue what it is doing. The working hours are about the only the only positive thing I can say about this job - Monday to Friday, 8 am - 6 pm are the opening hours. Salary is very basic, ÂŁ8.20 p/hr but there is no sign of any pay progression and bonus is a joke. If you're late even one shift , regardless of your doing or not, you are automatically disqualified from bonus and worse are made subject to disciplinary. The managers are horribly inept. They are mainly bullies who like to besmirch and belittle their staff with snide jokes and constant harassment with time keeping and attendance. That is because the contractor is only interested in getting people on the phone because their bonus is dependent on head count, after that they don't care about you or how much you may be struggling on the job. The only people that they want to progress to higher roles are people who kiss backsides and belittle and criticise other staff. Like I also mentioned the client is a horribly inept organisation who are robbing customers and have zero process in place to explain their insanely over-priced bills. They also have no interest in changing their ways because they are managed by spineless yes men. Only take on this job, if you are out-of-work and need money instantly.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Terrible managers, terrible client, no pay progression, awful calls, no support, useless system, awful colleagues
plenty of overtime with a good management structure,given a drawing in the morning and left to get on with it and plenty of fittings so we always had materials
Pros
overtime
Cons
overall it was a good job with a lot of fun in it but the pay for me just wasn’t enough for the job you have to do because on a weekend you are put up against a lot of problems with serving the drunk people.
Pros
Free lunch and a lot of good fun
Cons
WEEKEND ASSISTANT – As a weekend assistant at a children’s play area, I carried out a selection of fast paced, pressured tasks including making and serving drinks at a quick pace, delivering food to customers and also checking the wellbeing of the children on the play area. I also hosted a numerous amount of birthday party’s or events happening at the venue.
Cons
Horrible staff
Great place for work , wonderful time and customer over the years we drive the company to a stable and positive team witch deliver great food and passion .
Day start with calling clients, introuduce new properties and book viewings. Call and get review on viewings which already took place.promote properties via different channel.Other admin work.
Pros
Best Bosses
Cons
When open to the public my duties are to unlock the Castle and other buildings and ensure they are to a standard for the public to visit. I count the till float and set up for the day. I either man the till, taking visitors money and giving them a brief history of the Castle and Park or one of my staff will do this while I attend to other matters in my job. I would respond to emails, make any orders required, clean items on show to the public, ensure other staff are briefed about the day. I also manage events set up and ensure schedules are written for these, all furniture is in place and clients for the events are aware of what they can and cannot do. I have learned many aspects of customer service through this role and am able to communicate with everyone that comes through our door in a professional manner. Management are always on hand if needed and my co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful and willing to carry out tasks asked of them. The hardest part of the job is giving a historical talk to a group of 5yr old school children who don't want to listen, but this can be fun too. The most enjoyable part is during events days when it's busy and there is always something to do, be it checking toilet roll stocks to first aid instances and chatting to trade stand holders at our wedding fairs and seeing happy couples at our weddings.
Pros
Great team to work with, can be very busy on events days.
Cons
When an event isn't on and just open to the public it can be very quiet.
Everyday, during a week, we get up at 7 am and we begin to work at 8 am. We learn to cute the stone, and to make some mortar. We help to transport stones... It was very interesting even if it was hard. I loved this experience and next year I want to come back to this castle.
-I learn a lot of things about all the staff in a restaurant . -I learn how to clean the dishes, the kitchen a so on. -The hardest part of the job it´s when you have a lot of work. -The enjoyable part of the job it´s the staff.
Pros
Free lunches, it´s was near to my house.
Cons
Long hours sometimes