Castle

Castle Pay & benefits reviews

Lay people of to easy but it’s a Kirsty firm to work for. Fair pay and and fair work hours just like any other scaffolding firm really nothing special
From the first day that I entered this job, I've hated it. There are two problems 1. A contractor thats poorly organised , poorly managed and without any guts to challenge their clients 2. A client that's lazy, greedy, inept and doesn't have a clue what it is doing. The working hours are about the only the only positive thing I can say about this job - Monday to Friday, 8 am - 6 pm are the opening hours. Salary is very basic, ÂŁ8.20 p/hr but there is no sign of any pay progression and bonus is a joke. If you're late even one shift , regardless of your doing or not, you are automatically disqualified from bonus and worse are made subject to disciplinary. The managers are horribly inept. They are mainly bullies who like to besmirch and belittle their staff with snide jokes and constant harassment with time keeping and attendance. That is because the contractor is only interested in getting people on the phone because their bonus is dependent on head count, after that they don't care about you or how much you may be struggling on the job. The only people that they want to progress to higher roles are people who kiss backsides and belittle and criticise other staff. Like I also mentioned the client is a horribly inept organisation who are robbing customers and have zero process in place to explain their insanely over-priced bills. They also have no interest in changing their ways because they are managed by spineless yes men. Only take on this job, if you are out-of-work and need money instantly.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Terrible managers, terrible client, no pay progression, awful calls, no support, useless system, awful colleagues
plenty of overtime with a good management structure,given a drawing in the morning and left to get on with it and plenty of fittings so we always had materials
Pros
overtime
Cons
overall it was a good job with a lot of fun in it but the pay for me just wasn’t enough for the job you have to do because on a weekend you are put up against a lot of problems with serving the drunk people.
Pros
Free lunch and a lot of good fun