Catalent Pharma Solutions

Catalent Pharma Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews

teamfreelonghourstaffenjoyworkingcompany

Good company to work for

Catalent its a challenge place to work alot to learn. Overall its a good company to work for with competitive pay. Only problem are the shifts 4 days in 4 days off 2 days and 2 nights bit of a killer.

the worst working place

If you wanna be treated like an animal you can join the company. The only good point5 of working there is the money but actually if you count the hours then you will get similar money anywhere

Insights into Catalent Pharma Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Dartford site poorly run by management

It's a real Shame as catalent as an overall company is Great. Decent pay. Good benefits etc but the Dartford site drags the company through the mud. The management there is shocking. They are just money driven but use 'patient first' rubbish to make you earn them lots of money so they can report how well they do to the top management every month.

stressful environment, but can learn a lot

Great place to be thrown in the deep end and learn a lot. Is very fast paced and can be pretty stressful environment. I dont think the management are very supportive. There are people that are really great, but its not enough to change the ways. If you dont go above and beyond then youre seen to not be meeting expectations. Blame culture, which there is always talk of changing, but I dont think it has. They lose a lot of good people because of the lack of support.

Closed down

The business has closed down.Poor management, need to know basis, if the face fits, not sympathetic or helpful.Management took stress out on workers,

Decent job.

No real plans for next month. Everything is day to day. Totally dysfunctional. Production dictate the engineering agenda. So the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Even when the 'managers' decide its usually the wrong thing in the long term ,just the best thing for today.

Ok if it’s your thing

A lot to learn in a small amount of time ,very clicky ,ok in you are in with with them all .a lot of pressure put on you .long hours ,along with long breaks !

Pros

Good induction

Cons

Expect to learn quickly

Dont trust anyone at any level

Watch your back if you work here, Dartford branch main bosss will sack you at the drop of a hat with no deffence, place works on an informant culture,try to get fellow colleagues in trouble

Natural progression over the years to manger level

Wonderful place to work, started 26 years ago with another pharmaceutical company that was taken over by Catalent, transferred between sites!! Worked with some wonderful people and learned so much during my time with the company

Pros

Cons

Travel

Very boring work.

I worked at Catalent Pharma Solutions for 6 months and during that time, I spent about 6 - 8 weeks actually doing the job I was employed to do. We spent a considerable amount of time doing very little. Very boring.

Pros

Regular breaks.

Cons

Poor management.

3 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am sorry to hear about your experience. At Catalent we pride ourselves in continuous improvement for all areas of our business. Your feedback is what will help us to improve our employee experience at all levels.

Too much stress ,long hours

Only worked there for a couple of months and that was more than enough. Previous staff had all left because it was so bad and 2 more left while I was there. One went home on the Wednesday night and just never came back. All the stress made me I'll. Was glad to get out

Pros

Cons

Long hours, stress, no support from other departments

14 January 2021

Worked here through a agency

not a bad company to work for i am applying for a position to return. The training is ongoing from the day you start. Shift briefs are full of information

Pros

great work colleagues

Cons

Constant changing you ppe

25 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

Poor management, not prepared for the job

Blame culture because of not well prepared section head. They don't treat people equally. Lots of people leaving company due not respectful section head. No promotions unless you are friend of section head.

4 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am sorry to hear your about your experience. At Catalent we pride ourselves in continuous improvement for all areas of our business. Your feedback is what will help us to improve our employee experience at all levels.

Good company to work for

I left Catalent and I want go back because I can see the the dream and progression.focus is main priority as you want to make sure you are recognized in pharmaceutical industry.Zydis behavior is a fundamental aspect moving forward as you learn and grow with the company.

great place to work

it was a very nice place to work. nice people to work with. work was easy. overall its a great company to work for. very clean and tidy. i learned alot from working there. the managers all ways there if you needed with any thing.

Management are absolutely awful. Haven't got a clue what they are doing. Horrible to staff have favourites. Overall I wouldn't recommend working there .

Shambolic

Complete shambles of a company who under pay there staff and the management are completely incapable of doing there job. A company where failure and incompetence is rewarded you are better off on the dole than working for this company.

Good job incompetent management

Management have their favourites so do not expect to progress unless your tongue is of the brown variety. The management are amongst the worst and most incompetent you could imagine.

behind the times and blame culture

Hours tend to be a 8-4 or 9-5 but overtime is always needed, poor work life balance. Little to no training is given even although having no experience and the work is still expected to be completed at a fast pace. Work is rushed and pushed through to get kits out the door as quick as possible with the company more interested in finance rather that 'Patient First' which they claim to be. Unfortunately a lot of blame culture within Catalent means you don't want to speak up about certain circumstances such as quality of work. Loads of paperwork and manual work due to technology being coming behind the times. I haven't enjoyed working with Catalent in the slightest.

Pros

Free on site car parking and free tea and coffee.

Cons

no work life balance, lack of communitation, poor managemnet, blame culture and bullying tactics from senior management down to on floor operations, heavy work load with a high stress enviroment.

Productive and fun work place

Productive and fun work place, Educational, Work on your own or part of a team.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

There wasn't any really

Heading In the right direction

Unfortunately the bad days outweighed the good days at about 10 to 1. I wouldn't say that Catalent is a bad company to work for but I couldn't recommend someone to work in my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalent Pharma Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement